Which is the lesser of the evils? Red meat, chicken or fish

• Red muscle meat without supplemented gelatin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organic chicken without supplemented vit. E

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Philomath

This always happens to me... impromptu restaurant meals without bringing any supplements. Help me decide, in order, which is the least damaging.
Thanks!

Gl;itch.e

In restaurants I would typically go for the low fat fish depending on how its cooked and prepared. Mostly because I eat a ton of red meat normally and probably don't need any more iron!

bistecca

oh jeez.. alright i'll bite.

So i generally pay more attention to preparation and other components of the dish than just the protein source. I feel okay eating wild seafood in a restaurant, but a lot of it is frozen and soaked in sodium tri-polyphosphate(shrimp almost always are). But most restaurants rely heavily on farmed seafood and will outright lie to customers. Farmed seafood falls lower on the list than those other protein sources, even the worst kind of beef and poultry.. I pay attention to other factors more though. So i've worked in a lot of restaurants and I understand a lot of the shortcuts they take. Oils. Is the food fried? breaded and fried? enjoy your peanut/soybean/corn oil. Is it salad? that dressing is probably not olive oil. Mashed potatoes? The butter they used probably wasn't butter but margarine with soybean oil in it.