Lesser Evil. EMF/wifi Or Basement Living?

Pufa

I have to save money for the next 4 - 5 months and will need to stay at my parents house.

I cant control certain things like turning off their wifi, their house their rules.

I have a choice to either sleep in a bedroom with a window.. but full of wifi routers wireless printers etc.. or I can sleep in the basement. Basement is clean but no windows. It has no routers though.

Which would you choose?

boris

Definitely basement :D. Get some incandescend bulbs and you're golden.

Tarmander

Basement FOR SURE...unless it has a lot of exposed rock and radon problems

SOMO

Basement because if you fap you can hear your parents coming downstairs.

pepsi

I opened up my laptops bluetooth today for the first time to connect some bluetooth headphones, I saw devices that were not mine. I live in an apartment, so its all the neighbors devices my laptop can see. I thought darn, how many signals must I be surrounded in? Probably why I always feel better a few minutes after I go outside.

You could spend a couple nights in each area and see which one makes you feel the least fatigue/brain fog.

bistecca

I opened up my laptops bluetooth today for the first time to connect some bluetooth headphones, I saw devices that were not mine. I live in an apartment, so its all the neighbors devices my laptop can see. I thought darn, how many signals must I be surrounded in? Probably why I always feel better a few minutes after I go outside.

You could spend a couple nights in each area and see which one makes you feel the least fatigue/brain fog.

I purchased an EMF meter a while back and have been testing it all over the place.. Suffice to say EMF pollution is everywhere and urban centers can get bad.

sladerunner69

I purchased an EMF meter a while back and have been testing it all over the place.. Suffice to say EMF pollution is everywhere and urban centers can get bad.

Which kind do you have?

My end tester only picks up electronic devices when I hold it very close. It is a cheap 25% electro meter. Maybe youra is more sensitive?

bistecca

i have the cornet e88t

https://www.amazon.com/Cornet-ED-88TPlus-EMF-Detector-100MHz/dp/B01LFXEQNW

first one I bought failed after a few uses, but they replaced it no questions asked and the new one is working nicely. It has good sensitivity and a feature that give you a sound signature for the radio frequency bandwidth, so you can actually hear and recognize certain types of emission devices.. routers sound very consistent with a little click click. It has adjustable sensitivity for the meter so you can decide what levels send the meter up from green to yellow and to red. It also measures in different units (V/M and mW/m2) It detects 4 different chunks of the electromagnetic spectrum and tells you i guess the strength or power of the stuff in that section. I could leave it plugged into a laptop and do long term monitoring for stuff like smart meters that only pulse periodically. Unfortunately just being near the laptop while it is plugged in creates an electric field and interferes with some measurements. I love it. I can drive around and find where cell towers are. A lot of times you can be over safe limits just driving in your car because of ( i think) high voltage lines and transformers. On the bright side, big emitters like towers seem to be blocked pretty well by being down in a hollow. Ambient outdoor readings were always lower away from towns and down in hollows. Always high in urban centers. I still need to do a lot more reading on how different levels of different frequencies impact health differently - but - I'm inclined to believe that if I go out into a a national forest and that meter is quiet, there is good reason to believe those levels are the conditions we are acclimated to, and we should not diverge too much from them.

I bought the thing because I was having some strange skin based issues that correlated to a new living and working space. I had been having really slow wound healing and scarring when none should occur. I knew i had read studies about emf emissions from stuff like routers and fluorescent bulbs and "dirty electricity" impacting the skin in particular because it absorbs the brunt of the force(like the lungs with a smoker take the brunt) I knew I had read that Fluorescent bulbs were linked with skin cancer. My new workplace was 5+ hrs a day of sitting in an office with a ceiling full of fluorescent lights and routers everywhere. I never had the chance to measure there unfortunately. I also live in a house with solar panels and an inverter. I had read that inverters can put dirty electricty back on the grid and cause RF emissions from the lines in your house. My measurements seem to definitely connect a lot of RF pollution in the house. My sisters house sits near a high voltage line and you can't go anywhere in her house without being in the yellow.

JamesGatz

I'm not sure - so what is the deal with radon ? is it unavoidable in just about every basement in the US at least - I always find it extremely hard to breathe in various different houses I've stayed in and I don't even think it's the dust because I had an air filter most of the time I was there - I imagine if I tried living in my own basement I would be dead within a month - from what I've read it seems to be extremely common in basements in the US and especially dangerous