Less Beard Problem

IVILA

Derma rolling with proper sanitary protocol, red light, and Peppermint Essential Oil diluted in Jojoba Oil have caused a decent amount of growth with zero side effects.
i was actually ******* up derma rolling for a while by not pressing and going slow. It’s interesting seeing the different hairs growth rates. Some will grow at 2x speed compared to the others. Generally the progression is skin patch -> vellus -> long vellus -> thin black -> thick black.
I’m the only one who has been able to grow my sides in my family thanks to this.
I’m almost tempted to try minoxidil just to see if it would work better but this slow and safe route is ok I guess.
what would you think about solban + derma rolling instead?
Peat has mentioned dhea to me in an old email about this.

MitchMitchell

Weird theories about estrogen and androgens here when we know it’s all about androgen receptor density with regards to hair loss and hair growth. And obviously minoxidil will grow fine hair at first. Not a single teenager grows terminal hair when they finally hit puberty and hair starts sprouting on their mustache

some unrealistic expectations...

IVILA

Weird theories about estrogen and androgens here when we know it’s all about androgen receptor density with regards to hair loss and hair growth. And obviously minoxidil will grow fine hair at first. Not a single teenager grows terminal hair when they finally hit puberty and hair starts sprouting on their mustache

some unrealistic expectations...
exactly. That's still not terminal hair though. Terminal hair is the last stage of maturity of the hair. It's different from a vellus hair that men typically grow during puberty. I believe dht does its job more effectively later on in life (over 25 years old) in regards to beard growth and other benefits for most people who don't have the genetics.

Last edited:

MitchMitchell

exactly. That's still not terminal hair though. Terminal hair is the last stage of maturity of the hair. It's different from a vellus hair that men typically grow during puberty. I believe dht does its job more effectively later on in life (over 25 years old) in regards to beard growth and other benefits for most people who don't have the genetics.
Right so in a way, if someone starts using minoxidil for their beard they should expect thick beard months if not years after getting started. People want results overnight somehow ignoring biology. It’s the same for people who told me they don’t want to use it to regrow hair because all they see sprouting back on their temples is miniaturized hair. Yeah... as expected

Wolf

what would you think about solban + derma rolling instead?
No idea to be honest. The menthol in the peppermint does an amazing job for local blood flow already and I’ve previously used vitamin K a short time after derma rolling with some results on jawline definition that have stuck around.

IVILA

No idea to be honest. The menthol in the peppermint does an amazing job for local blood flow already and I’ve previously used vitamin K a short time after derma rolling with some results on jawline definition that have stuck around.
Did you rub it on your cheeks or take it orally? I bet just keeping your testosterone and dht elevated over time would resolve all of these issues.

Wolf

Did you rub it on your cheeks or take it orally? I bet just keeping your testosterone and dht elevated over time would resolve all of these issues.
Rub on cheeks. Systemic<<<local.
Hormones come and go but bones are more or less forever unless someone decides to beat me to death with a bat.