Leptin Resistance

Galia

Does anyone have experience with leptin resistance, I think it's a pufa problem, but I find very little information and research on the subject, it is generally claimed that leptin is increased by fructose, is there any truth in this? Any idea is welcome.

meatbag

Does anyone have experience with leptin resistance, I think it's a pufa problem, but I find very little information and research on the subject, it is generally claimed that leptin is increased by fructose, is there any truth in this? Any idea is welcome.

"Naloxone or naltrexone, which blocks the actions of the endorphins and morphine, is being used to inhibit the growth of various kinds of cancer, including breast cancer and prostate cancer. Leptin (which is promoted by estrogen) is a hormone produced by fat cells, and it, like estrogen, activates the POMC-related endorphin stress system. The endorphins activate histamine, another promoter of inflammation and cell division.

Progesterone opposes those various biochemical effects of estrogen in multiple ways, for example by inhibiting the ACTH stress response, by restraining cortisol's harmful actions, and by inhibiting leptin."
-Preventing and treating cancer with progesterone.

"Triglycerides cross the blood–brain barrier and induce central leptin and insulin receptor resistance
"...Human CSF was determined to contain triglycerides, a finding previously unclear. The radioactive triglyceride triolein readily crossed the BBB and centrally administered triolein and peripherally administered lipids induced in vivo leptin and/or insulin resistance at hypothalamic receptors. Central triolein blocked the satiety effect of centrally administered leptin. Decreasing serum triglycerides with gemfibrozil improved both learning and memory inversely proportionate to triglyceride levels. Conclusions: Triglycerides cross the blood–brain barrier rapidly, are found in human cerebrospinal fluid, and induce central leptin and insulin receptor resistance, decreasing satiety and cognition."
-Fats Cause Cause Cognitive Impairment And Insulin Resistance In The Brain

OP
Galia

Galia

Extremely valuable information, thank you very much for the detailed inclusion.

meatbag

Extremely valuable information, thank you very much for the detailed inclusion.
np
If you use your browser's search bar and type in;

site:raypeat.com leptin

it will find every case of that word on his site. Useful if you wanna look up anything else
--
Also if you look up "raypeatclips" on youtube you can search his account for interview clips on topics

richofden

Forum Supporter
What does this product contain? Sorry I don’t understand Dutch
I don´t actually know, I made a pink noise file from it, tried it and felt something. I just don´t think it comes close enough to the root cause of my issues. I´m now experimenting with sounds from rifeplayer.com

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals