Leo Koch / Ray Peats Blake College Partner

B

Blaze

Found an old newspaper clip of Leo Koch , Ray's initial partner setting up Blake College (The censorship free school they founded in a converted Hacienda outside of Mexico City.) Always nice to be able to put a face with a name that's been mentioned by Ray.

The guy that was partially cut off in the left of the first photo sure looks like it could be a very young Ray Peat himself.

And:
Leo Koch slightly younger pic:
Date . 1955
Description: Portrait of Leo Koch, University professor of biology who was censured for his editorial comments regarding relationships among unmarried students at the University.

Attachments

• Leo Koch.jpg
    Leo Koch.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 129
  • Leo Koch 2.jpg
    Leo Koch 2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by a moderator:

Rafe

Love this find. If that’s RP on the left then that photo is probably from the talk Leo Koch gave at Urbana College in Ohio.

The caption makes it sound like that was published by the U. of Illinois newspaper since it mentions the controversy.

Unless that controversy was such a big deal at the time that it became identified with Leo Koch. There is a Wikipedia page for Koch where his controversial letter is excerpted. I wonder who submitted that.

Turns out it was a big deal. But I’m not sure it was only about the premarital sex view he had & not also about his dig at the “Christian code.”

He appealed the UI firing to the Illinois Supreme Court & the US Supreme Court, which was reported as far away as an Ottawa newspaper.

There’s a comment in the talk tab complaining that Leo Koch isn’t noteworthy enough for his own page. Shows how hard it is today to imagine how nonconformist that would have been then.

I think that could be RP.

OP
B

Blaze

Love this find. If that’s RP on the left then that photo is probably from the talk Leo Koch gave at Urbana College in Ohio.

The caption makes it sound like that was published by the U. of Illinois newspaper since it mentions the controversy.

Unless that controversy was such a big deal at the time that it became identified with Leo Koch. There is a Wikipedia page for Koch where his controversial letter is excerpted. I wonder who submitted that.

Turns out it was a big deal. But I’m not sure it was only about the premarital sex view he had & not also about his dig at the “Christian code.”

He appealed the UI firing to the Illinois Supreme Court & the US Supreme Court, which was reported as far away as an Ottawa newspaper.

There’s a comment in the talk tab complaining that Leo Koch isn’t noteworthy enough for his own page. Shows how hard it is today to imagine how nonconformist that would have been then.

I think that could be RP.

Me too, the glasses , hair, facial structure and the up turned collar of the shirt. Gotta be Ray.

Apparently Dr. Koch was offered another job before the Blake College thing got implemented so it looks like he never actually became part of it other than the initial planning.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom