Lemon Gummy Squares

Gregory Taper

Lemon Gummy Squares
May 27, 2011

Unlike its traditional counterparts that are loaded with artificial ingredients, this exceptional gummy candy recipe requires only fresh fruit juice, pure gelatin protein and sucrose. All around great product with multiple health benefits.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This looks delish and I am definitely going to try it one day! Imagine telling someone outside this circle that not only these are yummy but very healthy for you! :lol:

Kelly

I made these today with cherry juice. So yummy! I don't normally like gummies either ...

cliff

these are better if you use all juice

Dean

Cliff, do you mean to use juice instead of water as the blooming liquid or to not use sugar?

Also, does anyone know how to make cherry flavored gummies? I bought some pure black cherry juice and when I opened and smelled before making I had a feeling I was on the wrong track and now that they've gelled I can confirm they are disgusting, loathsome little creatures. The cup of sugar I added didn't make matters any better.

Is it tart cherry juice with sugar that would replicate the flavor of cherry flavored candies, like those cherry slice jelly candies? If so, that's a crushing blow to my cherry candy Peating dreams because I think I remember Dr. Peat saying somewhere that tart cherries were a no-no. Or, am I wrong in my memory? (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...lol)

cliff

use juice instead of water, still use sugar. Maybe add a little more sugar than they say too, I like them sweet

Birdie

I just made my first batch using oj
in place of the water
and adding a tiny bit of vanilla ext.
Now to let them cool.

Thanks.
I won't bother to share them
outside my household.

Dan W

I also just tried cliff's approach using juice in place of the water, and it turned out delicious. And it tastes less "dry" than store-bought gummies.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This is what I have been doing.

1.5 cups OJ
1/2 cup gelatin Now Brand
1/2 cup sugar

And sometimes I throw in another 1/2 cup of the great lakes hydroslysate(sp?) gelatin. You cannot put more then 1/2 of the Now gelatin or the end product will be too tough.

SuperStressed

6 months ago I made this but the final result smelled so bad that I couldn't eat it. What went wrong? I have no idea.

right now I have just put 1 tbsp of the same gelatin (great lakes red can) into a pint of water to make jello with and the same bad smell isnt there, I cannot understand what went wrong with the gummy squares, perhaps it is because I bloomed it like in the video? or because its a strong concentration ? I think I probably bloomed it in OJ and didnt use water. Any ideas why it smelled so bad?