Leg Exercise Is Critical To Brain And Nervous System Health

InChristAlone

High cortisol causes thin arms and legs with bigger midsection. But yeah I always find it odd when there are dudes getting ripped on top with no leg muscles.

yerrag

Depends. I could do a whole gallon everyday for two months

I find it hard to believe one can work up their skinny legs. It seems like it's something you develop as you grown into adulthood. Once you get into adulthood, or even adoslescence, and you have skinny legs, it's going to stay skinny no matter what. Maybe I'm wrong. It's just that I see people who are misproportioned with a hefty upper body from working out, but have skinny legs. I'm pretty sure if they can make the effort to work up their upper body, they are making the effort to beef up their legs, but it's just not cutting it for the legs.

Wolf

I find it hard to believe one can work up their skinny legs. It seems like it's something you develop as you grown into adulthood. Once you get into adulthood, or even adoslescence, and you have skinny legs, it's going to stay skinny no matter what. Maybe I'm wrong. It's just that I see people who are misproportioned with a hefty upper body from working out, but have skinny legs. I'm pretty sure if they can make the effort to work up their upper body, they are making the effort to beef up their legs, but it's just not cutting it for the legs.
Indian squats in tempo with the breath and pistols built my legs.

yerrag

Indian squats in tempo with the breath and pistols built my legs.[
Very nice to know. Do you mind sharing before and after pics?

Last edited:

Arrade

Seriously just do the 5x5 program with ample protein and carbs, you’ll get a 2 plate squat and 3 plate deadlift

meatbag

Seriously just do the 5x5 program with ample protein and carbs, you’ll get a 2 plate squat and 3 plate deadlift

Or just do RPT and get there in half the time :hourglasssand:

Seriously though, if a person wants to make gains and isn;t trying to be a pro powerlifter or bodybuilder it is the most motivating and enjoyable routine while also being highly effective imo, many others have gotten success with it to. I just started training again and I'm already hating my standard linear progression program I've been doing:facepalm: Just throwing it out there in case anyone else is unaware

Arrade

Or just do RPT and get there in half the time :hourglasssand:

Seriously though, if a person wants to make gains and isn;t trying to be a pro powerlifter or bodybuilder it is the most motivating and enjoyable routine while also being highly effective imo, many others have gotten success with it to. I just started training again and I'm already hating my standard linear progression program I've been doing:facepalm: Just throwing it out there in case anyone else is unaware
Too tired to read it now but have it saved. For squats I do programs recommended here: Recommended Squat Program (Burgener? Hatch?)

meatbag

Too tired to read it now but have it saved. For squats I do programs recommended here: Recommended Squat Program (Burgener? Hatch?)

Those aren't bad programs at all but they might not be optimal depending on someone's training status or goals. If you're wanting to do powerlifting (squats,deadlifts,bench) or just main focus is on getting stronger this site puts out really good stuff imo; Stronger By Science
especially for learning how to do the lifts correctly, training level progressions, programming, etc.

If you want to be a t-rex than 5x5 squats will do it, squatting a lot is fun. The higher volume power-lifting stuff is great if your body can handle it and you have the time/ability to invest in the recovery.

If you just wanna look good and get pretty strong if you stick with it I think Martin's RPT program is perfect and emphasize delts, upperback, and glutes with accessories. Most important factor is shoulder to waist ratio and being a decent body-fat(18-10%ish), after that your just bodybuilding; which some people obviously like.

Anywhos that's just my opinion. Personally I get burnt out really easy doing higher volume and I seem to get hypothyroid pretty quickly; body temp and heart rate drop (not right after, I'm talking next day and through the week, and yes I'm eating more than enough lol), more sensitive digestion, terrible painful acne all over, cant concentrate, wake up in the middle of the night; classic broda barnes stuff, yadayada.

Arrade

Those aren't bad programs at all but they might not be optimal depending on someone's training status or goals. If you're wanting to do powerlifting (squats,deadlifts,bench) or just main focus is on getting stronger this site puts out really good stuff imo; Stronger By Science
especially for learning how to do the lifts correctly, training level progressions, programming, etc.

If you want to be a t-rex than 5x5 squats will do it, squatting a lot is fun. The higher volume power-lifting stuff is great if your body can handle it and you have the time/ability to invest in the recovery.

If you just wanna look good and get pretty strong if you stick with it I think Martin's RPT program is perfect and emphasize delts, upperback, and glutes with accessories. Most important factor is shoulder to waist ratio and being a decent body-fat(18-10%ish), after that your just bodybuilding; which some people obviously like.

Anywhos that's just my opinion. Personally I get burnt out really easy doing higher volume and I seem to get hypothyroid pretty quickly; body temp and heart rate drop (not right after, I'm talking next day and through the week, and yes I'm eating more than enough lol), more sensitive digestion, terrible painful acne all over, cant concentrate, wake up in the middle of the night; classic broda barnes stuff, yadayada.
Thanks man I'm gonna look into it. Of course I love strength training and playing sports but what you say about optimizing the glamour muscles in interesting.

Sobieski

Even when I could olympic squat 440 lbs my legs (especially calves) were still pretty small.

Luckytype

Contractile power is largely neuro based adaptation while hypertrophy training is an adaptation of fuels and recovery.

You can be huge without being mega strong, you can be a strength god without being swole.

Arrade

Contractile power is largely neuro based adaptation while hypertrophy training is an adaptation of fuels and recovery.

You can be huge without being mega strong, you can be a strength god without being swole.
Myofibrallar vs sarcoplasmic hypertrophy. And then there’s tren

yerrag

Even when I could olympic squat 440 lbs my legs (especially calves) were still pretty small.

I don't know why that is. Perhaps it's because there's a lot of expertise on developing the upper body, and not a lot of it on the lower body. People could easily conceal skinny legs, but not skinny upper bodies, so the focus is largely on the upper body. People don't really comment on the lower body, but praise beefy upper bodies.

Many years back, I had a car accident that left me in bed for a month. When I came out, I was still on a cast for 2 months. Needless to say, I had become very skinny, both upper and lower body. I looked at my legs, and they had become wiry. But without much effort, they came back to what they were before, in about 6 months time, more or less. Same with my upper body. My legs are well-built, which I think came from living in a 3 story apartment where I had to walk up and down the stairs. When someone rings the bell, and I was in the middle of watching TV, I would zip down and open the gate, and zip right back up. This likely made my legs the way they are.

What I couldn't explain is how my leg muscles came back to what they were before, after they had become wiry from atrophy. It is as if there was some memory from the past it had to retrace. Or maybe my bone structure, at least on my legs, were already developed to support a more heavy musculature, and it was just natural to get those muscles back.

It would take a great trainer to develop a technique to make legs transform from skinny to beefy. It's not in the realm of impossible, since it could be done with the upper body.

Arrade

I don't know why that is. Perhaps it's because there's a lot of expertise on developing the upper body, and not a lot of it on the lower body. People could easily conceal skinny legs, but not skinny upper bodies, so the focus is largely on the upper body. People don't really comment on the lower body, but praise beefy upper bodies.

Many years back, I had a car accident that left me in bed for a month. When I came out, I was still on a cast for 2 months. Needless to say, I had become very skinny, both upper and lower body. I looked at my legs, and they had become wiry. But without much effort, they came back to what they were before, in about 6 months time, more or less. Same with my upper body. My legs are well-built, which I think came from living in a 3 story apartment where I had to walk up and down the stairs. When someone rings the bell, and I was in the middle of watching TV, I would zip down and open the gate, and zip right back up. This likely made my legs the way they are.

What I couldn't explain is how my leg muscles came back to what they were before, after they had become wiry from atrophy. It is as if there was some memory from the past it had to retrace. Or maybe my bone structure, at least on my legs, were already developed to support a more heavy musculature, and it was just natural to get those muscles back.

It would take a great trainer to develop a technique to make legs transform from skinny to beefy. It's not in the realm of impossible, since it could be done with the upper body.
I find it easier to get big legs. I don’t find it hard at all, I often have to buy pants with 4-6 wider waists just to fit my thighs

Luckytype

My uncle can’t even work calves because they get too big and Inhibit his jiujitsu

Yep, I feel for him there with JJ, my hamstrings are my blessing but setting someone up for anything from my back was really a challenge because of the size of them.
I find it easier to get big legs. I don’t find it hard at all, I often have to buy pants with 4-6 wider waists just to fit my thighs

The demise of every pant i own is a torn crotch. I am a chronic chaffer as im sure you are. Capable legs are great but I would love to own pants for more than 8 months.

Arrade

Yep, I feel for him there with JJ, my hamstrings are my blessing but setting someone up for anything from my back was really a challenge because of the size of them.

The demise of every pant i own is a torn crotch. I am a chronic chaffer as im sure you are. Capable legs are great but I would love to own pants for more than 8 months.
Have you tried Levi’s 541 jeans? Gap is also selling flex khaki shorts.
Sometimes I change really bad, sometimes I do not

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals