Leaky gut and Inflamatioon

Davsey85

Hello all,

I was curious I have noticed that past several months that I have put on quite a bit of weight and seem to have a c shaped gut.It seems the bigger the gut the more joint pain and inflammation I notice.

I am about 5ft 9 185 and would like to be able to resolve this gut issue and drop some weight if anyone may have any suggestion?

I have been getting quite a bit of red light this summer but can't seem to get this handled

Thank you

Hello all,

I was curious I have noticed that past several months that I have put on quite a bit of weight and seem to have a c shaped gut.It seems the bigger the gut the more joint pain and inflammation I notice.

I am about 5ft 9 185 and would like to be able to resolve this gut issue and drop some weight if anyone may have any suggestion?

I have been getting quite a bit of red light this summer but can't seem to get this handled

Thank you

Go lowfat. Ray Peat says fats and starches create fat.

Is it possible to go lower fat and low starch without increasing sugar intake?

Thank You

Starch is a form of sugar so adding in fruit instead white sugar, will be helpful. You can eat plenty of fruit and just pair it with a little mozzarella or nonfat milk. I don't ungodly amounts of sugar are necessary. I find pairing my fats with lowfat or nonfat things is a good strategy for weight control. Eating a lot of fat in one meal is an easy way to put weight on.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello all,

Thank you
Many things can irritate the gut or cause inflammation. Common offenders are grains and A1 milk. Other food toxins, such as nightshade, lectins and FODMAP can also be an issue. So I'd eliminate those problematic ones and see if the bloating and inflammation subsides. If it does, but not a whole lot, then you might have to take even more extreme measures. Stomach acid promotors, such as niacin, betaine HCL, pepsin, digestive bitters can also help a lot. Digestive enzymes can help to prevent that too much undigested food gets to the bacteria, thus minimizing gas production.

If your diet is already squeaky clean, but you still have issues, then getting a stool test can be helpful so that you can create a specific protocol for your situation.

wayney

Many things can irritate the gut or cause inflammation. Common offenders are grains and A1 milk. Other food toxins, such as nightshade, lectins and FODMAP can also be an issue. So I'd eliminate those problematic ones and see if the bloating and inflammation subsides. If it does, but not a whole lot, then you might have to take even more extreme measures. Stomach acid promotors, such as niacin, betaine HCL, pepsin, digestive bitters can also help a lot. Digestive enzymes can help to prevent that too much undigested food gets to the bacteria, thus minimizing gas production.

If your diet is already squeaky clean, but you still have issues, then getting a stool test can be helpful so that you can create a specific protocol for your situation.
Saw in another thread that you recommend Biomesight, uBiome and Thryve.
Have you or someone you know tried these and got helped from it?

Been doing lot's of tests earlier, for example Comprehensive Stool Analysis / Parasitology and Intestinal Permeability and Absorption Analysis (IPA Analysis).
Has never helped me, either any other tests that I have done so I'm a little bit sceptic to tests.

But I have issues with my stomach (I am also diagnosed with SIBO and do not seem to be able to clear it) and I do not seem to be able to find the right foods that work for me. So if any of the tests you recommend would help I would gladly do them.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Saw in another thread that you recommend Biomesight, uBiome and Thryve.
Have you or someone you know tried these and got helped from it?

Been doing lot's of tests earlier, for example Comprehensive Stool Analysis / Parasitology and Intestinal Permeability and Absorption Analysis (IPA Analysis).
Has never helped me, either any other tests that I have done so I'm a little bit sceptic to tests.

But I have issues with my stomach (I am also diagnosed with SIBO and do not seem to be able to clear it) and I do not seem to be able to find the right foods that work for me. So if any of the tests you recommend would help I would gladly do them.
Ken Lassensen does have major success by focusing on the gut and doing these specific tests. He cured his CFS via gut modulation. And he has helped countless others as well. So I'd say it's worth it.

wayney

Ken Lassensen does have major success by focusing on the gut and doing these specific tests. He cured his CFS via gut modulation. And he has helped countless others as well. So I'd say it's worth it.
Okay, thanks for the answer.

Did some reading at MicrobiomePrescription : Home Page and CFS Remission.
Must say that I'm a little bit interesting in doing a test at biomesight and then use microbiomeprescription.

No one on the forum that has done this?
Must say that I'm a little bit sceptic to this as i wrote earlier but maybe it is worth a shot.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Okay, thanks for the answer.

Did some reading at MicrobiomePrescription : Home Page and CFS Remission.
Must say that I'm a little bit interesting in doing a test at biomesight and then use microbiomeprescription.

No one on the forum that has done this?
Must say that I'm a little bit sceptic to this as i wrote earlier but maybe it is worth a shot.
@Tarmander has had success with his protocol and website.

Hello all,

Thank you
1701612130310.jpeg