LDN and Sibo

June

Years ago I had a horrible reaction to LDN related to my SIBO. I now know I have a sulfur sensitivity and I was curious what Low Dose Naltrexone is composed of. It doesn't look like a sulfur compound but can it somehow affect the bacteria that are sulfur producing? thanks.

Rafe

If the reaction was diarrhea then it was just the LDN blocking the endogenous opioid action in the bowel.

Naturally produced or introduced endogenous opioids—endorphins, casomorphins in foods—can all contribute to constipation even if a person is having bowel movements regularly.

The body will produce endorphins under stress as a protective development against pain & quicker deterioration under stress, environmental, emotional.

I’m not sure what dose of LDN you tried that unsettled your GI tract. Try a much lower dose. Even start with one so low it has no perceptible effect.

Then work up over a few days.

I’d think of taking LDN as a bridge from a weakened, chronically fatigued state to a euphoric, energetic state. Some people take it continuously, but I wouldn’t. It works by re-vitalizing the nervous system by blocking the effects of the endogenous pain-reducing systems (“receptors”). Take it for the shortest amount of time that gives you a sensation of renewed energy & getting used to that sensation. A few days, a few weeks, a few months depending on how quick your body & mind adjust.

Also, you won’t feel like eating when you feel its effects at first. But you have to eat to give your greater energy fuel to sustain itself. Use easily digestible & tasty foods while trying LDN.

Rafe

Put a tablet in a few ml of distilled water until it dissolves. Put the liquid through a coffee filter. Put the liquid in a dropper bottle. Take a few ml of it from the dropper.

Volumetric dosing

user8374

I know this thread is from a while ago but I am thinking to take LDN for motility as I also have SIBO and was wondering what symptoms it gave you.

OP
J

June

I know this thread is from a while ago but I am thinking to take LDN for motility as I also have SIBO and was wondering what symptoms it gave you.
Sorry for this late reply. But I was so wrong about how LDN affected me. It didn't affect my gut. Maybe it did but that wasnt the major issue. It somehow affected my estrogen. I don't know the mechanism behind this or why it would have an negative impact on that pathway. It either started clearing more estrogen into my system or it elevated it by some other action. Not sure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals