LDL > Heart Disease Hypothesis valid after all?

Grapelander

For the past 60 years there has been a concerted effort to demonize saturated fats, found in animal products and tropical oils, and cholesterol, in our food and blood. Despite the well-established health benefits of diets rich in cholesterol and saturated fat, flawed, deceptive and biased research has created the myth that a low fat, plant-based diet is ideal for good health. Poorly conducted epidemiological research, U.S. government intervention and misinformation conveyed by contemporary lifestyle researchers have contributed to the current state of confusion on dietary influences on health. The public must educate themselves on how to optimize their diet and cardiovascular health.
David M. Diamond is a professor in the Departments of Psychology and Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology at the University of South Florida and is a Research Career Scientist at theTampa Veterans Hospital, where he has directed his research program on post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injury (TBI). He has also served as the Director of the USF Neuroscience Collaborative program and is a Fellow at the American Institute of Stress and the International Stress and Behavior Society.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

This is also an interesting read:
He also wrote a series a few years back: The Straight Dope on Cholesterol.

Also:
1637926056615.png

P

Peatness

As @Perry Staltic commented.... what did we eat years ago.

This informative 10-year old video is still relevant today.

View: https://youtu.be/fvKdYUCUca8

This is good, I've sent this to many of my family members thanks for posting. @ddjd this might be good to show your partner

Article

Last edited by a moderator:

Pistachio

You can make your own by using the original formula from Thomas M. Riddick, whose book I have. He uses potassium citrate mostly and potassium or sodium bicarbonate for pH adjustment. You can also squeeze a lemon and add baking soda to it until it stops fizzing and then add water. But that is probably more expensive than the Zeta Aid.

I buy it 25 packs at a time and I have friends who use it too, so they just give me what I paid for. I support Zeta Aid because for $10 per month (if you buy the 25 packs at a time) it is the best bang for the bucks that you can do for your health.

Dr. T. C. McDaniel, who formulated his Zeta Aid, had severe premature ventricular contractions in his late 50s when he stumbled upon Riddick’s book and applied it to himself. He lived to almost 102 years!
How much Potassium citrate was he using?

StephanF

Forum Supporter
How much Potassium citrate was he using?
Working with a Stock Solution (based on the work of Thomas Riddick):
Add 50 grams reagent to 1 liter of water
Reagent:
47 grams - potassium citrate
2 grams - sodium citrate
1 gram - sodium chloride
9.5 grams - potassium bicarbonate
.5 grams - sodium bicarbonate
Add 20 ml of stock solution to 1 liter water = 1 gram electrolytes /liter
Drink 1.5 liters/day = 1.5 grams of electrolytes / day

Pistachio

Working with a Stock Solution (based on the work of Thomas Riddick):
Add 50 grams reagent to 1 liter of water
Reagent:
47 grams - potassium citrate
2 grams - sodium citrate
1 gram - sodium chloride
9.5 grams - potassium bicarbonate
.5 grams - sodium bicarbonate
Add 20 ml of stock solution to 1 liter water = 1 gram electrolytes /liter
Drink 1.5 liters/day = 1.5 grams of electrolytes / day
Whoa, that's a lot of potassium. RDI is minimum 3.7 grams.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Whoa, that's a lot of potassium. RDI is minimum 3.7 grams.
First of all the 47 g of potassium citrate is for the whole salt, not the amount of potassium. Using molar weight ratios, the amount of (elemental) potassium is 6 g. This is spread out over 30 days, so the daily amount of potassium from the citrate is only 200 mg! Which is much lower than the RDI of 3.7 g.

Pistachio

First of all the 47 g of potassium citrate is for the whole salt, not the amount of potassium. Using molar weight ratios, the amount of (elemental) potassium is 6 g. This is spread out over 30 days, so the daily amount of potassium from the citrate is only 200 mg! Which is much lower than the RDI of 3.7 g.
OK, but it would be nice to find a potassium supplement that puts out something closer to the RDI. Even half of that would be good. But you can only really find Potassium tablets no more than 100mg a tablet.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
OK, but it would be nice to find a potassium supplement that puts out something closer to the RDI. Even half of that would be good. But you can only really find Potassium tablets no more than 100mg a tablet.
Eat bananas or avocados, they are very high in potassium.

VitoScaletta

Try a diet of raw vegetables, vegetable oil, grains, plant-based meat etc. combined with intermittent fasting which is what the current medical establishment seems to promote and see how you feel.

I am guessing statins can help lower cholesterol (I have never actually researched this) but that doesn't mean they are the best/safest way to go about doing so.
If you are healthy you could live on this. But your health will definitely decline at some point. It will simply be a testament to how healthy your organism is

Jessie

I think a lot of people are still trying to shed their low carb dogma with regards to this topic. High cholesterol isn't a good thing, it means there's a lack of steroidogenesis, which means you're also probably estrogen dominant since estrogen tends to dominate in sub-optimal conditions.

This begins to set up the "staircase effect" described by Szent-Györgyi, estrogen causes the heart to beat faster and weaker, not fully contracting or relaxing. The connection is low steroidal synthesis. You need more progestins and androgens to offset the negative effects of estrogen, and cortisol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals