Lauric Acid Induces Liver Mitochondrial Uncoupling

haidut

Forum Supporter
This is probably one of the main reasons for the protective effects of coconut oil on liver health in conditions like NAFLD and cirrhosis. In fact, there are studies on PubMed showing complete reversal of cirrhosis with daily intake of about 75g of MCT such as the ones found in coconut oil, even in the presence of ongoing alcohol abuse. So, As per Ray's suggestion and below studies, coconut oil would be a great tool to reverse conditions involving excess fat accumulation in liver since the uncoupling will melt that fat away.

Free fatty acids as inducers and regulators of uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation in liver mitochondria with participation of ADP/ATP- and asp... - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
T

tca300

Thank you very much for all the information you post! I've long thought I had thyroid issues, but after a few years of learning more, I'm fairly certain its liver issues actually. I'm going to up my hydrogenated coconut oil to about 6 Tablespoons ( ~81 grams ) and report back after a while with how it affected me.

beachbum

Thank you very much for all the information you post! I've long thought I had thyroid issues, but after a few years of learning more, I'm fairly certain its liver issues actually. I'm going to up my hydrogenated coconut oil to about 6 Tablespoons ( ~81 grams ) and report back after a while with how it affected me.
Hi Tca300,

Any updates since upping coconut oil.

Xisca

I agree for my case! Bad liver and I think it looks like hypothyroid.
Also goes along with the topic about temp reset.
I think it is in chinese medicine that they say that temp problems are linked with liver.

I am digesting coconut oil better if I emulsify with egg = safe mayo!
A friend with problems to digest fat cannot stand coconut oil at all, only some olive oil.

And I still do not understand what is uncoupling when talking about mito....

T

tca300

Hi Tca300,

Any updates since upping coconut oil.
Fat gains, and water retention :hangingaround and it didn't make me feel so well. I actually seem to have made the most liver health progress with higher protein/fruit/coffee and low fat ( 21 grams per day or less )
I might have tried longer but I wasnt willing to lower fruit or milk intake to keep the coconut oil from making me gain extra chub.

beachbum

Fat gains, and water retention :hangingaround and it didn't make me feel so well. I actually seem to have made the most liver health progress with higher protein/fruit/coffee and low fat ( 21 grams per day or less )
I might have tried longer but I wasnt willing to lower fruit or milk intake to keep the coconut oil from making me gain extra chub.
That's really interesting. I stopped using coconut oil for a couple of days and noticed least water retention, today I went back and it went back up, the water retention. I wonder why. Maybe it does effect thyroid and like on another thread some experience estrogen symptoms. I am now focusing on my liver health. Just started supplements for the eyes but most of the ingredients are for liver health too, ghee I wonder why..haha I have heard RP mention many times about liver health for proper thyroid function. Thank you again for all your help, I do take your advice but not as strict as I should be but I am seeing improvement except for water retention, some days not that bad but its there. Sorry I am rambling. . Thank yooooooou.

T

tca300

@beachbum I think most would go insane eating exactly like I do, based on peoples reactions to my exact diet.
Keep self experamenting and do what you can! Take care!

BibleBeliever

How high was carb intake with high coconut oil intake?

I always find that if I go high fat I have to go lower fructose, and if I go high fructose I have to go lower fat.
Mixing the two never seems to work well.

T

tca300

I always find that if I go high fat I have to go lower fructose, and if I go high fructose I have to go lower fat.
I never eat below 350 grams of carbohydrates, typically around 400, including lactose.

DankMemes

Does eating coconut/mct oil raise free fatty acids or does there need to be another delivery method?

I was under the impression that mct turns into ketones. Are they the same thing?

Ron J

I'm on a no fat diet and would like to know if I can benefit from doing some high coconut oil days. Would I have to do it every day to get those NAFLD and reversal of cirrhosis benefits? Or does it still work(in the long run) if done a few times a month?

marcar72

Waynish

Very true from experience. But the truth behind why seems to be lacking from many discussion and food combinations, sequential eating, and TCM are often labeled as eastern pseudoscience despite their effectiveness.

dabdabdab

I bought cocoa butter substitute made from lauric acid and my vision feels better(I'm pre-diabetic), my heel pain caused after eating is much less. it seems it helped with endotoxin, but I have horrible joint pain. could it be related to lauric acid?

I would like to know your opinion about this:

Saturated fatty acids induce development of both metabolic syndrome and osteoarthritis in rats | Scientific Reports