Laser Therapy With Barcode Scanner

Philomath

Any reason why this wouldn't work?
An omnidirectional barcode scanner, uses 650nm lasers and distributes a wide patter.
I was thinking about this instead of building a laser "cap"
image.png

milk_lover

Wow very creative solution to obtain some red light in our lives. I don't see why it won't work.

If they are 5mW I don't see why not... seems to be similar coverage as hair helmets (they might still have the caps on, though).

Diokine

I think you would be better served with an LED array. Some of these use pretty powerful diodes, but the optical arrangement means that the power density is pretty low. You can have similar power density and much better distribution with LEDs.

Speaking of lasers, I've been experimenting with some higher power IR probes, I have one I made here with 5 x 300mW 808nm diodes. I've measured around 25mW/cm^2 (total close to 500mW output) without any sort of window or diffuser, which is pretty decent. Even at half power, the beam shines through the entire thickness of my hand (seen with an IR viewscope.) Irradiating the temples produces an immediate effect, so I'm fairly certain we're getting decent penetration into the brain. I'm working on some of the details for the power supply and housing, and I hope to have a workable prototype pretty soon here.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Out of the box, maybe. However, they do sell them refurbished for under $50.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals