Lapodin + Progesterone Cream Healed 2rd Degree Burn

Light

This post is long and contains photoes of wounds that might be hard to watch.
Apologies in advence.

This last September I got a 2rd degree burn from boiling milk+mashed potato on my right wrist.
So the top layers of the skin were seperated from the wrist.
I didn't take any pictures at that point so I goggled a similar wound:
upload_2019-3-4_19-23-45.png

I had just read the Lapodin thread and had it fresh in my mind that it helped with fresh burns - by not allowing inflammation to set in.

So I started using Lapodin plus a Progesterone cream (Natpro) that also has vitamin E in it, maybe that helped too. And the ethanol in the Lapodin may have played a part also.

In the first couple of days I had a regular gauze to protect it:
*** All the pictures from now on are my actual wrist
Dec 17 2018
upload_2019-3-4_19-30-53.png

As You can see there's the main burn in the middle, where the skin really seperated, and 2 smaller burns above it. The orange tinge right around it is from the Lapodin.
Also there's also a big round reddish circle around the whole thing from the roung gauze I was using that was causing irritation that became a little inflamed in itself later on.

As a scab was beginning to form, I remembered Ray Peat's interview where he talks about 2 people who had their finger choppet off at the tip, and that keeping it sealed prevented a scab plus kept CO2 near the wound, and both those things helped healing.
So I took a regular plastic sandwich bag and cleaned it with a couple drops of Lapodin (it has ethanol in it), and put that over the Lapodin+Progesterone cream on the wound.

In the picture below, just 2 days later, you can see the little burns beginning to heal, the big wound's thin scab was peeled off from the moisture so it is kinda raw and sticky in this photo, and the irritation around was becoming little wounds, the redqbrown spots around.

Now, something interesting happened here -
when I took the plastic bag off of it in the morning to see it and to scratch the damn itch, because the skin was still very damp a little bit of it peeled off from the scratching (apologies to the faint of heart).
It didn't seem like a big deal, it didn't bleed or anything, but it came to serve as a kind of control for a wound in the same area, which doesn't get much blood flow and therefore heals slowly.
The yellow arrow points to this new wound:
upload_2019-3-4_19-50-1.png

This is what it looked like with the plastic bag:
upload_2019-3-4_19-51-51.png

And here's how it looked on Dec 25 2018, 10 days after the initial burn.
This one's a little gross, but you can really see all the redness from the irritation, this is how it looked right after removing the plastic bag:
upload_2019-3-4_19-59-11.png

upload_2019-3-4_19-54-28.png

The orange/brown stuff is the dry lapodin that I couldn't scrub off so close to the wound, so the stains stayed for a few days.
The big burn is barely noticable, it's down to a little red circle, but the scratch wound is getting the usual treatment from mother nature - raised scab surrounded by pink inflamed skin.

The next one is Dec 26, 2019, and by now the original burn is basicly healed, only a light pink hue gives you a clue that it was there.
Everything else is a mess created by crappy management, by not bein diligent with replacing the plastic bag often enough and by irritation from the moisture that I wasn't sure what to do about:
upload_2019-3-4_20-5-45.png

I stopped using the plastic bag because the itchiness and inflammation were too much,
This is Dec 29, 2018:
upload_2019-3-4_20-8-17.png

And the next one is Jan 1 ,2019:
upload_2019-3-4_20-10-8.png

Here the burn wound is completely healed, the stains from the Lapodin still make the skin look kinda dirty, and the scratching wound has no scab on it but is still raised and inflamed.

And the last one is from Jan 23,2019, about a month and a half after the burn.
The burn is gone with the faintest pinkish scar, which I don't think would be there if I had been more religious in maintaining the wound, and if I had figuered out a way to keep it moist under the plastic bag for another day or two.
The scratching wound is healing very very slowly and I still have a little purple scar there now.

So lessons learned:
1) Lapodin+Progesterone+vitamin E+ sealing the wound healed it far more fully and quickly that it would naturally. I would definitely use it again if I injure my skin anyway' nit just burn it.
Maybe next time i'll add some T3 to the mix.
2) DON'T SCRATCH the damp skin right after exposing it, even though I really really want to.
3) Re-wrap the wound several times a day,even if it gets on my nerves.
4) Figure out a way to handle the inflammation in the healthy skin around the wound. I think it's just caused from the moisture, and i'm not quite sure what to do about it if I have to do this again. Maybe i'll have to just ride out the iritation.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-4_19-54-2.png
    upload_2019-3-4_19-54-2.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 11

Lejeboca

This post is long and contains photoes of wounds that might be hard to watch.
Apologies in advence.

This last September I got a 2rd degree burn from boiling milk+mashed potato on my right wrist.
So the top layers of the skin were seperated from the wrist.
I didn't take any pictures at that point so I goggled a similar wound:
View attachment 12413
I had just read the Lapodin thread and had it fresh in my mind that it helped with fresh burns - by not allowing inflammation to set in.

So I started using Lapodin plus a Progesterone cream (Natpro) that also has vitamin E in it, maybe that helped too. And the ethanol in the Lapodin may have played a part also.

In the first couple of days I had a regular gauze to protect it:
*** All the pictures from now on are my actual wrist
Dec 17 2018
View attachment 12414
As You can see there's the main burn in the middle, where the skin really seperated, and 2 smaller burns above it. The orange tinge right around it is from the Lapodin.
Also there's also a big round reddish circle around the whole thing from the roung gauze I was using that was causing irritation that became a little inflamed in itself later on.

As a scab was beginning to form, I remembered Ray Peat's interview where he talks about 2 people who had their finger choppet off at the tip, and that keeping it sealed prevented a scab plus kept CO2 near the wound, and both those things helped healing.
So I took a regular plastic sandwich bag and cleaned it with a couple drops of Lapodin (it has ethanol in it), and put that over the Lapodin+Progesterone cream on the wound.

In the picture below, just 2 days later, you can see the little burns beginning to heal, the big wound's thin scab was peeled off from the moisture so it is kinda raw and sticky in this photo, and the irritation around was becoming little wounds, the redqbrown spots around.

Now, something interesting happened here -
when I took the plastic bag off of it in the morning to see it and to scratch the damn itch, because the skin was still very damp a little bit of it peeled off from the scratching (apologies to the faint of heart).
It didn't seem like a big deal, it didn't bleed or anything, but it came to serve as a kind of control for a wound in the same area, which doesn't get much blood flow and therefore heals slowly.
The yellow arrow points to this new wound:
View attachment 12415

This is what it looked like with the plastic bag:
View attachment 12416

And here's how it looked on Dec 25 2018, 10 days after the initial burn.
This one's a little gross, but you can really see all the redness from the irritation, this is how it looked right after removing the plastic bag:
View attachment 12420
View attachment 12418
The orange/brown stuff is the dry lapodin that I couldn't scrub off so close to the wound, so the stains stayed for a few days.
The big burn is barely noticable, it's down to a little red circle, but the scratch wound is getting the usual treatment from mother nature - raised scab surrounded by pink inflamed skin.

The next one is Dec 26, 2019, and by now the original burn is basicly healed, only a light pink hue gives you a clue that it was there.
Everything else is a mess created by crappy management, by not bein diligent with replacing the plastic bag often enough and by irritation from the moisture that I wasn't sure what to do about:
View attachment 12421

I stopped using the plastic bag because the itchiness and inflammation were too much,
This is Dec 29, 2018:
View attachment 12422

And the next one is Jan 1 ,2019:
View attachment 12423
Here the burn wound is completely healed, the stains from the Lapodin still make the skin look kinda dirty, and the scratching wound has no scab on it but is still raised and inflamed.

And the last one is from Jan 23,2019, about a month and a half after the burn.
The burn is gone with the faintest pinkish scar, which I don't think would be there if I had been more religious in maintaining the wound, and if I had figuered out a way to keep it moist under the plastic bag for another day or two.
The scratching wound is healing very very slowly and I still have a little purple scar there now.

So lessons learned:
1) Lapodin+Progesterone+vitamin E+ sealing the wound healed it far more fully and quickly that it would naturally. I would definitely use it again if I injure my skin anyway' nit just burn it.
Maybe next time i'll add some T3 to the mix.
2) DON'T SCRATCH the damp skin right after exposing it, even though I really really want to.
3) Re-wrap the wound several times a day,even if it gets on my nerves.
4) Figure out a way to handle the inflammation in the healthy skin around the wound. I think it's just caused from the moisture, and i'm not quite sure what to do about it if I have to do this again. Maybe i'll have to just ride out the iritation.

Very cool! Good to learn about these properties of lapodin+progesterone and thanks for sharing!

Actually, I can chime in for the use of lapodin (or more directly Tabebuia (pau d'arco) ) on a burn with positive results. The burn was very minor on my hand --not worth a pic--and not painful but still needed healing :):. So I was putting a cream (Tabebuia, Scutellaria baicalensis, MCT oil--1 : 1 : 5---with a bit of vitamin E) about 2 times per day without any band-aide or wrapping. Healed in about a week.
Next time, I will try to put some progesterone on the wound as well.

For your #4 in lessons learned, how about putting some coconut oil on the healthy skin around the wound when you wrap the plastic on it and around the wound.

OP
Light

Light

For your #4 in lessons learned, how about putting some coconut oil on the healthy skin around the wound when you wrap the plastic on it and around the wound.
Good idea, i'll definitely try that next time.

J

jb116

Last year before the summer with my new job I had gotten chemical burn a on my knee. I didn't feel it at first as the exposure was inadvertent. But about 10 or 15 minutes later my knee was burning and itching. Finally I pulled my pants sleeve up and notice the burn and then I use my progesterone and coconut oil that I carry with me in my lunchbox. Later that day I also wrapped it but all in all after about two days my knee was essentially healed and to this day there's not even an iota or mark to show that it was burned.

I really appreciate your excellent post.

I think the plastic bag may have been a mistake.

I've found strangely enough that aluminum foil on burns kills pain and heals them fast but I've never triedit on a second degree burn and maybe it would be a poor idea.

I wonder if the vitamin E may be a mistake too. I think it can slow down healing in some cases by interfering with the ROS production that may be essential for healing. Just entirely speculative.

But for minor burns, try the foil and you will find it works like magic to kill the pain of a minor burn anyway.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I used red light, Cortinon (3:1 progesterone to dhea), Sol Ban, Cardenosine, and some vitamin E today on a small first degree burn and the pain completely went away within a few hours. Lets see how the healing goes.