OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just placed an order for Lapodin. Looking forward to trying your product, and I'll make a log and report any benefits.

Perfect, thanks!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Just received my Lapodin. Is it okay to refrigerate your product?

Yes, Lapodin is OK to refrigerate and it will probably not precipitate like the steroid supplements.

Surfari

I’m having really good results with Lapodin. I’m 55 and going through menopause. I’ve been taking Lapodin for over a month now.

The first thing I noticed was a reduction in hot flashes – after taking only 5 drops a day. I still ‘flush’ sometimes – but it’s seems to be linked to emotions or low blood sugar. I also felt hot all the time – in an uncomfortable way, which has completely gone away.

I’ve had problems with a high heart rate for years – my resting rate is usually 100. Using 12 drops at one time, I’ve experienced my heart rate going from 104 to 92 within 20 minutes. My resting rate now is typically 88 to 92.

If I take the full dose (24 drops – I spread it out over the day) I sleep better.

But in conjunction to Lapodin I have to take extra magnesium (I use Epsom salts dissolved in water on my skin – it’s very unscientific – I have no idea how much I’m getting). I also have to keep up with enough calories.

If I drink too much caffeine my heart rate will go back to 100, or if I'm nervous my heart rate will go up.

Thanks so much for making this Haidut – it’s been really really helpful.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I’m having really good results with Lapodin. I’m 55 and going through menopause. I’ve been taking Lapodin for over a month now.

The first thing I noticed was a reduction in hot flashes – after taking only 5 drops a day. I still ‘flush’ sometimes – but it’s seems to be linked to emotions or low blood sugar. I also felt hot all the time – in an uncomfortable way, which has completely gone away.

I’ve had problems with a high heart rate for years – my resting rate is usually 100. Using 12 drops at one time, I’ve experienced my heart rate going from 104 to 92 within 20 minutes. My resting rate now is typically 88 to 92.

If I take the full dose (24 drops – I spread it out over the day) I sleep better.

But in conjunction to Lapodin I have to take extra magnesium (I use Epsom salts dissolved in water on my skin – it’s very unscientific – I have no idea how much I’m getting). I also have to keep up with enough calories.

If I drink too much caffeine my heart rate will go back to 100, or if I'm nervous my heart rate will go up.

Thanks so much for making this Haidut – it’s been really really helpful.

This is awesome @Surfari, thanks for sharing. If you end up getting some blood tests related or unrelated to Lapodin use, please share the results if you think they are of note and are willing to share of course.
Glad things are getting better. The quinones in Lapodin increase metabolism, so not surprised you have to eat more. I also lose weight on high dose Lapodin, but that's just me.

Kasper

@haidut Do you think rubbing lapodin in the gums could be helpful? I'm doing this, and it seems to help with gum inflammation, more so than rubbing estroban for me.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Do you think rubbing lapodin in the gums could be helpful? I'm doing this, and it seems to help with gum inflammation, more so than rubbing estroban for me.

Oh absolutely, I just did not want to say it given that most people can't stand the taste of DMSO. However, we have switched to odorless DMSO for all DMSO-based supplements and that one seems to have milder taste. I would also try rubbing methylene blue as it seems to have a similar effect.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just wanted to post this for everybody using or thinking of ordering Lapodin.
We are now using an odor-free DMSO as a solvent for the quinones and this type of DMSO also seems dramatically lower the incidence of skin irritation as well.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut,
I noticed in your pubmed listings that the emodins can inhibit fibrosis and inflammation, specifically in the heart and lungs. Could Lapodin help with cystic fibrosis since that is mainly lung inflammation and fibrosis in other organs? Seems like it would be beneficial.

In theory they should help any fibrotic condition. For cystic fibrosis, serotonin is probably the main issue and something like cyproheptadine may be even better. There is a study on using 5-HT2B antagonists like cypro and lisuride for fibrotic conditions. Google it as I can't remember the exact title right now.

Last edited:

aguilaroja

....There is a study on using 5-HT2B antagonists like cypro and lisuride for fibrotic conditions....

Here are links to studies about serotonin (5-HT2B) antagonists reducing fibrosis in heart, liver, and lung respectively:

5-HT2B receptor antagonists inhibit fibrosis and protect from RV heart failure. - PubMed - NCBI
5-HT2B receptor antagonists inhibit fibrosis and protect from RV heart failure.

Ketanserin, a serotonin 2A receptor antagonist, alleviates ischemia-related biliary fibrosis following donation after cardiac death liver transplan... - PubMed - NCBI
Ketanserin, a serotonin 2A receptor antagonist, alleviates ischemia-related biliary fibrosis following donation after cardiac death liver transplantation in rats.

Modulation of bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis by serotonin receptor antagonists in mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Modulation of bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis by serotonin receptor antagonists in mice.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Here are links to studies about serotonin (5-HT2B) antagonists reducing fibrosis in heart, liver, and lung respectively:

5-HT2B receptor antagonists inhibit fibrosis and protect from RV heart failure. - PubMed - NCBI
5-HT2B receptor antagonists inhibit fibrosis and protect from RV heart failure.

Ketanserin, a serotonin 2A receptor antagonist, alleviates ischemia-related biliary fibrosis following donation after cardiac death liver transplan... - PubMed - NCBI
Ketanserin, a serotonin 2A receptor antagonist, alleviates ischemia-related biliary fibrosis following donation after cardiac death liver transplantation in rats.

Modulation of bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis by serotonin receptor antagonists in mice. - PubMed - NCBI
Modulation of bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis by serotonin receptor antagonists in mice.

Perfect, thanks!

ejalrp

I have been using Lapodin for several weeks. It always seemed to irritate my skin but I ignored it A few days ago I put several drops on the inside of my forearm as always but that evening I noticed the slight brown stain was still visible. I washed my forearm with soap and water but the slightly darkened area remained! I haven't used the Lapodin in about three days but incredibly the stain although barely visible is still there (confirmed by my wife so not my imagination). I can't imagine why or how this happened but am wondering if anyone else has experienced similar results?

Pointless

I feel that this is an underrated product. I mean, look at that research! Incredible stuff, here, and with what we know about quinones, it's probably doing so much more.

@ejalrp maybe try using a smaller dose?

I rubbed 2 drops in my scalp. I felt really good for a few seconds like I just took an aspirin. 15 minutes later, I had a bowel movement. This is typical in my experience with this supplement, but I have inflammatory bowel disease, so it might come with the territory. It was kind of loose but not watery. And all of my bowel movements have been very well-formed, tending slightly towards constipation for the past month at least. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of this effect, lol, but if I plan things right, it can be a good thing. I sure could use a decrease on my endotoxin burden. Maybe I will become tolerant. I'm willing to do more testing with this.

30 minutes later, I'm getting sleepy, which is always what happens to me with a reduction in stress hormones especially cortisol.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I feel that this is an underrated product. I mean, look at that research! Incredible stuff, here, and with what we know about quinones, it's probably doing so much more.

@ejalrp maybe try using a smaller dose?

I rubbed 2 drops in my scalp. I felt really good for a few seconds like I just took an aspirin. 15 minutes later, I had a bowel movement. This is typical in my experience with this supplement, but I have inflammatory bowel disease, so it might come with the territory. It was kind of loose but not watery. And all of my bowel movements have been very well-formed, tending slightly towards constipation for the past month at least. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of this effect, lol, but if I plan things right, it can be a good thing. I sure could use a decrease on my endotoxin burden. Maybe I will become tolerant. I'm willing to do more testing with this.

30 minutes later, I'm getting sleepy, which is always what happens to me with a reduction in stress hormones especially cortisol.

Thanks for that feedback! I concur that Lapodin is probably the most underrated supplement we sell. If I had to take 3 supplements only, Lapodin would be one of them, and if I had to take 2 only Lapodin would also be one of them. In fact, I think Oxidal and Lapodin may be the most viable supplements for long term use that do not really need any breaks. Don't get me wrong, the other supplements are also great but the steroid ones probably need a break every few months, the thyroid can be hit/miss for many people, and things like MitoLipin seem a bit specific in their effects. The Oxidal, Kuinone, and Lapodin are the most broadly acting and benign for every day use even very long term.
Please continue to keep us posted on effects from Lapodin. With the recent clinical trials using beta-lapachone I suspect those quinones are just starting to get famous :):

Kasper

Thanks for that feedback! I concur that Lapodin is probably the most underrated supplement we sell. If I had to take 3 supplements only, Lapodin would be one of them, and if I had to take 2 only Lapodin would also be one of them. In fact, I think Oxidal and Lapodin may be the most viable supplements for long term use that do not really need any breaks. Don't get me wrong, the other supplements are also great but the steroid ones probably need a break every few months, the thyroid can be hit/miss for many people, and things like MitoLipin seem a bit specific in their effects. The Oxidal, Kuinone, and Lapodin are the most broadly acting and benign for every day use even very long term.
Please continue to keep us posted on effects from Lapodin. With the recent clinical trials using beta-lapachone I suspect those quinones are just starting to get famous :)

I totally agree about Lapodin, I would describe it as Aspirin++, as it comes to effects. It always raises my temperature and mood. If I could take only two supplement, it would probably be lapodin and taurine. I don't experience any side effects of lapodin.

Not sure about Oxidal, I think many people experience serotonin effects after long term use. No?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I totally agree about Lapodin, I would describe it as Aspirin++, as it comes to effects. It always raises my temperature and mood. If I could take only two supplement, it would probably be lapodin and taurine. I don't experience any side effects of lapodin.

Not sure about Oxidal, I think many people experience serotonin effects after long term use. No?

I think Oxidal in low doses like Peat recommends (1-2 drops daily) is probably fine. Even sensitive people seem to do well on that dose. In theory, the MAO-A inhibition should happen on that dose unless it has been used for months and the MB really built up. But of course, if it's making you feel off then it's best not to take it.

Stryker

lapodin is one of the best things ive ever taken for having a good nights sleep
ive also been combining it with tianeptine and as soon as my head hits the pillow im gone and wake up feeling well rested.

and it tastes like ..
41W+K6IkTQL._SY355_.jpg

Greenie

@haidut
I have knotty fibrotic breast tissue and constipation issues. (Though constipation has gotten better on taurine and mitolipin). I think I'll try this supplement out. Would applying directly to breasts be necessary or helpful?

Pointless

Lapodin hasn't caused a bowel movement in me for the past few days at the same dose (2 drops to the scalp). So I did build up a tolerance to that effect very quickly. Unfortunately, it seems to be making my hemorrhoids worse. This is not a problem with the supplement but with me, because I get worsening hemorrhoids with anything that lowers cortisol. Once I get my temps up, thyroid working, estrogen down, and CO2 up, I'm going to revisit this for sure, because I sleep so well when I'm using it. I know I'm making progress, though, because usually lowering cortisol makes my eczema flare up, too, and I haven't gotten that with Lapodin.

mirc12354

lapodin is one of the best things ive ever taken for having a good nights sleep
ive also been combining it with tianeptine and as soon as my head hits the pillow im gone and wake up feeling well rested.
So you take it orally? How much? Did you you try taking it topically and the oral path gives you better results in terms of sleep quality?