dd99

Thanks for the new product. Am I right in thinking Lapodin would be effective against colds and flu, the way Oxidal is, but without the potential MAO effects?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What's the absorption rate for topical? Can you expand on its into inflammatory properties?

The links I posted on both substances have an entire section on the antiinflammatory properties and mechanisms. If you go through these it would be very informative. At a high level, both cascara and lapacho extracts inhibit the COX and LOX enzymes, iNOS, estrogen, and prolactin.
As far as absorption, I get the same effects on temperature from a single topical dose that I get from 3 daily doses taken morning/noon/evening. Not sure what that means for absorption but I think it is much higher topically than orally. Also, both quinones are known to be poorly absorbed orally and this is the reason behind the laxative effects of emodin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the new product. Am I right in thinking Lapodin would be effective against colds and flu, the way Oxidal is, but without the potential MAO effects?

Yes, that's what the research indicates. But I think it would be even more effective when combined with Oxidal or other methylene blue products.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut,
I noticed in your pubmed listings that the emodins can inhibit fibrosis and inflammation, specifically in the heart and lungs. Could Lapodin help with cystic fibrosis since that is mainly lung inflammation and fibrosis in other organs? Seems like it would be beneficial.

The more direct studies I have seen on this were with taurine, since taurine is also both anti-fibrotic and also improves digestion, which is compromised in people with cystic fibrosis. That being said, both emodin and beta lapachone have some of the same mechanisms of action and have reversed fibrosis of the heart/liver in studies. So, they should help. Other powerful anti-fibrotic substances are theanine, glycine, and caffeine.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This was a question for me, too.

It's not the combo per se but the topical application that should reduce the laxative effect. The laxative effects is due mainly do the poor absorbability of the anthraquinones so that they are able to reach the colon and exert anti-inflammatory effect mostly there. However, their systemic effect also contributes and with topical application it should be primarily the systemic effect that manifests itself.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut-
I've been taking Cascara off and on for a long time.
Same with Pau D'Arco.
Could you describe roughly how your active ingredient of those herbals
corresponds?
The Cascara and D'Arco capsules I take approximately 500mg of the bark.

I also wondered, along with the other poster, how your product might differ (or not)
in terms of the laxative effect of the barks.

(While I'm on the subject of quinones...I've wondered if you have some magic way of distilling
the active quinone from Black Cumin, thymoquinone? The products I've seen have (it seems) at lot of PUFA oil, and the one I tried had a strong taste like thyme that I'd sortuv burb up a bit, unpleasantly. Peat has mentioned the Black Cumin positively.)

A very high quality cascara bark usually has about 8% emodin by weight and very high quality lapacho bark is usually about 4% beta lapachone.

Cheesecake

So @haidut to clarify, if a person was using cascara primarily FOR its laxative effects (if bowel movements were infrequent) then would Lapodin still be helpful in this regard? Or do you think taking cascara (or any laxative-producing substance) for this reason is not to be encouraged?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So @haidut to clarify, if a person was using cascara primarily FOR its laxative effects (if bowel movements were infrequent) then would Lapodin still be helpful in this regard? Or do you think taking cascara (or any laxative-producing substance) for this reason is not to be encouraged?

Lapodin would still be helpful due to the higher doses of emodin it provides than what one would ingest from typical cascara supplement even in multi-gram doses per day. So, even taken topically it should have a colon-shrinking effect if the colon if inflamed and absorbing too much water but the effects would be more systemic than local colonic effect.

Cheesecake

Lapodin would still be helpful due to the higher doses of emodin it provides than what one would ingest from typical cascara supplement even in multi-gram doses per day. So, even taken topically it should have a colon-shrinking effect if the colon if inflamed and absorbing too much water but the effects would be more systemic than local colonic effect.
Ok great to know. Thanks

allblues

Feedback time;
I've had some heavy cortisol/adrenaline going for a few days after a very stressful event, muscles weak, heart pounding, feeling my pulse where i normally dont (back of my hands, and elsewhere), relaxation impossible.
Tried to kill it with salt, sugar, etc, but nothing could make me calm down.
For some reason didnt try Lapodin until today - but boy am i glad i did!

10 min after applying 3-4 drops on each forearm my body is relaxing. Heartbeat is settling down, pulse no longer thumping all over. Thank god.

I've also had the same calming effect before from a few drops of Kuinone topically.

Thank you @haidut for a seriously helpful product :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Feedback time;
I've had some heavy cortisol/adrenaline going for a few days after a very stressful event, muscles weak, heart pounding, feeling my pulse where i normally dont (back of my hands, and elsewhere), relaxation impossible.
Tried to kill it with salt, sugar, etc, but nothing could make me calm down.
For some reason didnt try Lapodin until today - but boy am i glad i did!

10 min after applying 3-4 drops on each forearm my body is relaxing. Heartbeat is settling down, pulse no longer thumping all over. Thank god.

I've also had the same calming effect before from a few drops of Kuinone topically.

Thank you @haidut for a seriously helpful product :)

Awesome! Thank you for sharing.

honeybee

Feedback: 1 week of using topically-ramping up from 5, 10 to 24 drops per day (24 is the suggested dosage). Now taking 15 drops am and 5-10drops pm.

Very relaxed feeling within 10-20 minutes-greatly improved dropping off to sleep and staying asleep. Plus plus -so this is helping with stress hormones (cortisol perhaps adrenalin)

I'm using in combination with 2 drops (from a 1 ounce diluted) methylene blue in the am to assist with estrogen and prolactin reduction. I noticed immediate (next day and ongoing daily) improvement with these dominance symptoms. This is what I originally purchased it for and Im very happy with these results.

When I use it after b-fast, it kills my appetite for lunch and seems to suppress it throughout the rest of the day-this was unexpected. Im not sure why this is happening.

Increase in # of bowel movements but nothing drastic or extreme.

The only issue I have (and its not a big deal but worth a mention) is that the little bottle seems to clog with some of the dark material near the tip. If I'm not careful it will clog and then suddenly unclog and gets all over the place. Shaking the bottle helps a bit but I've had to use a sterilized needle tip to push the matter down into the bottle and then shake.
This is a very dark colored product-dark brown-but it does not stain the skin. The brown color absorbs completely into skin within a couple of minutes.

Overall very pleased with this product. I'll report back. Unless it stops working, I want to keep using it for the effective reduction of estrogen and prolactin symptoms.

Kasper

Anyone that used this some kind of mouth wash?

I was wondering if that could be a use case, as emodin seems to help with caries.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Feedback: 1 week of using topically-ramping up from 5, 10 to 24 drops per day (24 is the suggested dosage). Now taking 15 drops am and 5-10drops pm.

Very relaxed feeling within 10-20 minutes-greatly improved dropping off to sleep and staying asleep. Plus plus -so this is helping with stress hormones (cortisol perhaps adrenalin)

I'm using in combination with 2 drops (from a 1 ounce diluted) methylene blue in the am to assist with estrogen and prolactin reduction. I noticed immediate (next day and ongoing daily) improvement with these dominance symptoms. This is what I originally purchased it for and Im very happy with these results.

When I use it after b-fast, it kills my appetite for lunch and seems to suppress it throughout the rest of the day-this was unexpected. Im not sure why this is happening.

Increase in # of bowel movements but nothing drastic or extreme.

The only issue I have (and its not a big deal but worth a mention) is that the little bottle seems to clog with some of the dark material near the tip. If I'm not careful it will clog and then suddenly unclog and gets all over the place. Shaking the bottle helps a bit but I've had to use a sterilized needle tip to push the matter down into the bottle and then shake.
This is a very dark colored product-dark brown-but it does not stain the skin. The brown color absorbs completely into skin within a couple of minutes.

Overall very pleased with this product. I'll report back. Unless it stops working, I want to keep using it for the effective reduction of estrogen and prolactin symptoms.

Perfect, thanks for the feedback! The sediment issue should be resolved in the latest batch as we started filtering the liquid before pouring into the bottles. May I ask then you bought your Lapodin?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I bought it no more than 2-3 weeks ago.

OK, let me look into that. I just checked the current batch and I don't see any large particle sediment in it. I can send you a replacement bottle if you'd like.

honeybee

OK, let me look into that. I just checked the current batch and I don't see any large particle sediment in it. I can send you a replacement bottle if you'd like.
@haidut thank you I think I'm fine with my bottle. I just thought it worth a mention and a little warning to others To avoid accidental spills/waste of product and potential staining.
Your offer does say a lot about you standing behind your products and increases my estimation of and trust in your brand. I appreciate that.

postman

Is there a maximum safe dose? First time I took it I accidentally took 40 drops and I felt a more beneficial effect

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is there a maximum safe dose? First time I took it I accidentally took 40 drops and I felt a more beneficial effect

I don't know that there is a maximum beneficial dose but in higher doses it may think the blood, as both emodin and beta-lapachone have this effect. It is probably due to the estrogen antagonism. So, some vitamin K may be warranted with higher doses, but I don't know how much and in what ratio to the emodin/lapachone. The dose in Lapodin is based on things Peat has written about emodin an Cascara in the past and an email I exchanged with him on beta-lapachone. Taking 2-3 doses daily may give you doses similar to the ones with animals for diabetes, cortisol, cancer, dementia, etc. But it is those higher doses that may need extra vitamin K.

DaveFoster

Just placed an order for Lapodin. Looking forward to trying your product, and I'll make a log and report any benefits.