Erica

So here's my little [perhaps insignificant] review upon incorporating Lapodin into my routine for the past... wait for it... 3 days.

To provide some quickly distilled background information to give my assessments context, I've been struggling with the whole typical gamut of hypothyroid symptoms for a couple of years now. My consistently low pulse rates and temperature readings (they rarely, if ever, crawl beyond the 97.4 mark that I get in the morning) were recently given some "medical" clout in that both my t4 and t3 levels were deemed low (TSH "normal").

Despite my best efforts to execute some peat-friendly dietary tweaks, my temperatures have remained subpar. Until Lapodin(?!)

Although I haven't necessarily felt any physical effects yet, other than a subtle mellowness upon first application, my temperatures have been vacillating between the high 97s and mid 98s rather steadily for the past few days. A pleasant surprise! I've been applying 3-4 drops on my left forearm after my 3 main meals. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I continue to remain hopeful that it's the Lapodin doing something to my stubborn insides! Also want to note that I feel it's actually bringing my appetite down a notch or two which contradicts some other reviews from this thread. Something to make note of.

That's all I've got for now. Thank you for all you do @haidut!

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So here's my little [perhaps insignificant] review upon incorporating Lapodin into my routine for the past... wait for it... 3 days.

To provide some quickly distilled background information to give my assessments context, I've been struggling with the whole typical gamut of hypothyroid symptoms for a couple of years now. My consistently low pulse rates and temperature readings (they rarely, if ever, crawl beyond the 97.4 mark that I get in the morning) were recently given some "medical" clout in that both my t4 and t3 levels were deemed low (TSH "normal").

Despite my best efforts to execute some peat-friendly dietary tweaks, my temperatures have remained subpar. Until Lapodin(?!)

Although I haven't necessarily felt any physical effects yet, other than a subtle mellowness upon first application, my temperatures have been vacillating between the high 97s and mid 98s rather steadily for the past few days. A pleasant surprise! I've been applying 3-4 drops on my left forearm after my 3 main meals. Coincidence? Perhaps, but I continue to remain hopeful that it's the Lapodin doing something to my stubborn insides! Also want to note that I feel it's actually bringing my appetite down a notch or two which contradicts some other reviews from this thread. Something to make note of.

That's all I've got for now. Thank you for all you do @haidut!

Oh, wow, this is great feedback! Thanks so much for sharing. There is no insignificant review, every review counts, both good and bad. This is how science progresses :):
If you repeat some of the blood tests while using Lapodin please share the results.

Regina

Oh, wow, this is great feedback! Thanks so much for sharing. There is no insignificant review, every review counts, both good and bad. This is how science progresses :)
If you repeat some of the blood tests while using Lapodin please share the results.
a tiny update from me -- I can use Lapodin now. I do not know the science of course, but as state or conditions change in me, so too does my reaction.
So, I do not know what to attribute my experience: At 1st, I tolerated it topically. Felt good. 2nd developed intolerance to topical use. Tested a couple more times. Then today, I tested it again. 5 drops. No irritation whatsoever. Added 5 more. And then 5 more. Total 20 drops on my weird elbow joint. Me and my elbow (and my rat) are showing no negative reaction to it. No itch; nothing. It's several hrs later. Yea!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
a tiny update from me -- I can use Lapodin now. I do not know the science of course, but as state or conditions change in me, so too does my reaction.
So, I do not know what to attribute my experience: At 1st, I tolerated it topically. Felt good. 2nd developed intolerance to topical use. Tested a couple more times. Then today, I tested it again. 5 drops. No irritation whatsoever. Added 5 more. And then 5 more. Total 20 drops on my weird elbow joint. Me and my elbow (and my rat) are showing no negative reaction to it. No itch; nothing. It's several hrs later. Yea!

Nice, thanks for this report! I also suspect that a lot of the negative effects people see with DMSO-based supplements are very context-dependent. Sometimes no side effects at all. So, maybe overall health that day is the primary determinant.

Regina

Nice, thanks for this report! I also suspect that a lot of the negative effects people see with DMSO-based supplements are very context-dependent. Sometimes no side effects at all. So, maybe overall health that day is the primary determinant.
Yep. :thumbsup:

Erica

A little update: I sadly had to stop using Lapodin all together. Although I did feel it significantly improved the quality of my sleep and may have contributed to my sudden rise in temperatures, I started getting SEVERE burning accompanied by itchy red rashes in the spot(s) I applied it. I've not been using it for 3 days now, and the burning and itching persists. Assuming the culprit is the DMSO. Which means that I won't be able to use any of my IdeaLabs products, all of which haven't been used other than the Lapodin :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
A little update: I sadly had to stop using Lapodin all together. Although I did feel it significantly improved the quality of my sleep and may have contributed to my sudden rise in temperatures, I started getting SEVERE burning accompanied by itchy red rashes in the spot(s) I applied it. I've not been using it for 3 days now, and the burning and itching persists. Assuming the culprit is the DMSO. Which means that I won't be able to use any of my IdeaLabs products, all of which haven't been used other than the Lapodin :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Sorry to hear about this. Although we do not endorse it, some people have switched to using Lapodin orally due to the skin irritation and seem to be experiencing the same benefits. Also, we will try to make a DMSO-free version of Lapodin, hopefully available next week.

Erica

Sorry to hear about this. Although we do not endorse it, some people have switched to using Lapodin orally due to the skin irritation and seem to be experiencing the same benefits. Also, we will try to make a DMSO-free version of Lapodin, hopefully available next week.
Perhaps I'll give that a whirl, thanks for the suggestion.

However, I did forget to mention that it also seemed to be causing a slightly irregular heartbeat (akin to a flutter) and I was having a little difficulty breathing. Once I stopped the Lapodin those symptoms haven't returned. Are these reactions common, or somewhat expected?

800mRepeats

Good to know that oral dosing also seems effective, as I too have stopped using Lapodin over increasing and no-longer-tolerable skin irritation.
Might give it a try ...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Perhaps I'll give that a whirl, thanks for the suggestion.

However, I did forget to mention that it also seemed to be causing a slightly irregular heartbeat (akin to a flutter) and I was having a little difficulty breathing. Once I stopped the Lapodin those symptoms haven't returned. Are these reactions common, or somewhat expected?

Could be the emodin due to lowering of cortisol, or some other mechanism. Thyroid is known to do the same thing, especially T3 when used on its own. Let me know if this persists or disappears when used orally.

raypeatclips

Could be the emodin due to lowering of cortisol, or some other mechanism. Thyroid is known to do the same thing, especially T3 when used on its own. Let me know if this persists or disappears when used orally.

I won't derail the thread apart from the 1 question. A light bulb just went off in my head. Did you say lowering of cortisol could cause irregular heartbeat and breathing issues? Is this something to be concerned about? I recently had heart flutters from 100mg niacinamide, and now remembered niacinamide lowered cortisol, so perhaps this was the cause.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I won't derail the thread apart from the 1 question. A light bulb just went off in my head. Did you say lowering of cortisol could cause irregular heartbeat and breathing issues? Is this something to be concerned about? I recently had heart flutters from 100mg niacinamide, and now remembered niacinamide lowered cortisol, so perhaps this was the cause.

Anything that lower stress hormones can potentially cause these issues in some people. If you are running on stress hormones and suddenly you lower them the body will be expecting thyroid to pick up the "slack". But if you are hypothyroid that won't happen and the organism can end up in a bit of a dead end. So, whenever you lower stress hormones there should be enough thyroid activity to provide proper metabolic support. Hence, many people taking cyproheptadine only found it makes them feel like zombies. But when they combined with thyroid, these issues went away.

I had itchiness and reactions both times I tried it.

I haven't with other of @haidut products, just that one. But I've been able to use Pansterone and Androsterone without trouble.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I had itchiness and reactions both times I tried it.

I haven't with other of @haidut products, just that one. But I've been able to use Pansterone and Androsterone without trouble.

We are trying a few options that will greatly reduce and even eliminate the skin irritation from DMSO. This issue will be resolved, but we will also try to provide the tocopherol option for people wary of DMSO altogether.

meatbag

We are trying a few options that will greatly reduce and even eliminate the skin irritation from DMSO. This issue will be resolved, but we will also try to provide the tocopherol option for people wary of DMSO altogether.

I read a few days ago that you were using an updated DMSO formulation, does this apply to current batches of lapodin? Looking back this is probably one of my favorite products from you guys and I'd love to try it again but the burning was really severe for me . I may just wait for the non DMSO version (im not anti dmso) of this one to try it.

somewhat unrelated but- do think maybe the burning is related to chlorine on the skin?

I haven't gotten any burning from anything DMSO (haven't used lapodin since though) since a few months after I stopped working at a pool (I was in it for hours a day) and I've been trying to avoided chlorinated/chloraminated water for bathing. Maybe one of the reasons some people react and some don't is due to the water supply processing and I bet most people apply the topicals after bathing. Maybe at a high enough concentration of Chlorines in the skin along with something in the quinones it causes DMSO to favour the dimethyl sulfide pathway? I'm assuming this is what is causing the irritation (my dmso research goes as far as wikipedia)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I read a few days ago that you were using an updated DMSO formulation, does this apply to current batches of lapodin? Looking back this is probably one of my favorite products from you guys and I'd love to try it again but the burning was really severe for me . I may just wait for the non DMSO version (im not anti dmso) of this one to try it.

somewhat unrelated but- do think maybe the burning is related to chlorine on the skin?

I haven't gotten any burning from anything DMSO (haven't used lapodin since though) since a few months after I stopped working at a pool (I was in it for hours a day) and I've been trying to avoided chlorinated/chloraminated water for bathing. Maybe one of the reasons some people react and some don't is due to the water supply processing and I bet most people apply the topicals after bathing. Maybe at a high enough concentration of Chlorines in the skin along with something in the quinones it causes DMSO to favour the dimethyl sulfide pathway? I'm assuming this is what is causing the irritation (my dmso research goes as far as wikipedia)

The chlorines can increase the protein denaturing that DMSO can cause and make the irritation much worse. So, I would avoid using DMSO supplements until the chlorine is removed by showering or other skin washing.
We will probably release the new DMSO formulation for Lapodin in a week or so. It will also become a pure emodin/naphthoquinone supplement as we managed to find a source of affordable pure emodin and lapachone. So, we won't be using cascara and lapachon extracts any more. The supplement will probably become dark red in color and much more potent due to the purity. So, the bottle will probably last even longer as lower doses would achieve the same effects.

meatbag

The chlorines can increase the protein denaturing that DMSO can cause and make the irritation much worse. So, I would avoid using DMSO supplements until the chlorine is removed by showering or other skin washing.
We will probably release the new DMSO formulation for Lapodin in a week or so. It will also become a pure emodin/naphthoquinone supplement as we managed to find a source of affordable pure emodin and lapachone. So, we won't be using cascara and lapachon extracts any more. The supplement will probably become dark red in color and much more potent due to the purity. So, the bottle will probably last even longer as lower doses would achieve the same effects.

:eek:awesome

bruschi11

I should be getting bloodwork back tomorrow confirming the high cortisol and what I believe is now diminished PREG from finasteride use. Only used for 15 days and symptoms came back about 3 weeks afterward. Currently biggest issue is significantly increased blood pressure that feels like it felt but times 2 when I would increase my cortisol levels with Chilln from allthingsmale via preg/t3 supplementation. Systolic Blood pressure was between 115 and 135 when working with him. Currently I'm seeing 135- 155.

From what I learned from chilln, blood pressure is the measurement of the speed of preg-->prog--> cort creating high aldosterone which = high blood pressure. He may be off on some things here and I know adrenaline can do some of the same thing, but I can tell you he got me to an amazing place when I was working with him until Fin came into play causing this now apparent issue.

Will say the biggest difference so far I've had is adding in 5a-dhp about 4 days ago. It kills the anxiety and panic attacks I get when blood pressure gets too high and helps lower it to 130s.

I'm also waking up in the middle of the night with high cortisol and possibly adrenaline symptoms as heart rate is rapid and anxiety very high. 5a-dhp helps with these sleeping issues but not enough.

Work days are extremely hard to get through without stress causing blood pressure to approach 150.

This is where I hope that Lapodin can come into play for me here.

Has anyone measured BP religiously while using this product? Could this be something I use for a few weeks to a few months and then slowly taper off perhaps once I get BP into a good place?

Also a bit worried about the androgen receptor de-activation from this stuff, but that is probably the least of my worries at this point.