OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yay for @haidut 's dual-purpose Lapodin - sunless tanner/bronzer. :rollingred

Lol, the law of unintended consequences! I love it, as long as it protects people from skin cancer and the UV exposure they get in tanning salons. Or maybe they don't even need tanning salons any more. Just rub Lapodin and be merry :)

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What's the half-life on emodin and beta-lapachone?

Emodin has a half-life of about 3.5h when administered orally and up to 50h when administered IV (and likely topically as well). Beta-lapachone likely has a half-life in excess of 11 hours.
Emodin pharmacokinetics in rabbits. - PubMed - NCBI
Pharmacokinetic-metabolic studies with 14C-aloe emodin after oral administration to male and female rats. - PubMed - NCBI
Beta-Lapachone - The information site about Beta-Lapachone

Pointless

Emodin has a half-life of about 3.5h when administered orally and up to 50h when administered IV (and likely topically as well). Beta-lapachone likely has a half-life in excess of 11 hours.
Emodin pharmacokinetics in rabbits. - PubMed - NCBI
Pharmacokinetic-metabolic studies with 14C-aloe emodin after oral administration to male and female rats. - PubMed - NCBI
Beta-Lapachone - The information site about Beta-Lapachone

You mean 3.5h IV and 50h orally? The first link used an IV bolus and recorded a half-life of 227 minutes. The second study used oral administration and recorded a half-life of 50h.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
You mean 3.5h IV and 50h orally? The first link used an IV bolus and recorded a half-life of 227 minutes. The second study used oral administration and recorded a half-life of 50h.

Yes, thanks for catching the mistake!

Pointless

Yes, thanks for catching the mistake!

Thanks for helping me interpret those studies. I saw them before I asked, but the language was a little dense for me. I also wanted to know if the half-life of rabbits and mice translated near enough to humans.

It looks like Lapodin would have a more stable serum level, without build-up, with a 2x/day use, or even 3x/day.

DaveFoster

@haidut

I'm loving the effects of Lapodin, but when I apply it on my arm, I'm getting bumps (histamine reaction). I verified it with Kuinone; it's definitely an allergy to the DMSO. Could this be from other potentially allergenic supplements (taurine, glycine,) or do you know if it has to do with the area of application?

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for helping me interpret those studies. I saw them before I asked, but the language was a little dense for me. I also wanted to know if the half-life of rabbits and mice translated near enough to humans.

It looks like Lapodin would have a more stable serum level, without build-up, with a 2x/day use, or even 3x/day.

We don't know for sure if it translates well but the ongoing clinical trial with humans ill from cancer used about 900mg oral dose beta-lapachone and cites those same studies I posted a reason for this high dose as a way to ensure sufficient blood concentration and maintain it for a few hours. So, it's probably pretty close but since emodin and beta-lapachone metabolism is hepatic, the half-life in humans can be extremely variable due to difference in hepatic function. But even in those people the quinones may improve liver function so it should eventually normalize. The few human case studies I have seen show comparable half-lives.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

I'm loving the effects of Lapodin, but when I apply it on my arm, I'm getting bumps (histamine reaction). I verified it with Kuinone; it's definitely an allergy to the DMSO. Could this be from other potentially allergenic supplements (taurine, glycine,) or do you know if it has to do with the area of application?

DMSO can certainly irritate the skin. I doubt anything else in the product is able to cause this reaction as there is nothing else beyond the listed ingredients and those are not really known to be allergenic. Some people in the Kuinone thread reported relief when diluting the dose with a little extra clear alcohol like ethanol, or even rubbing some glycerin after application, as glycerin tends to sooth the skin.

When I use haiduts k2, I rub water on my stomach, then I apply several drops of k2 and dilute it by rubbing it all over. This prevents irritation from dmso for me.

T

tca300

@haidut Ive heard people saying this acts like asprin. If im already taking asprin would this thin my blood more and make me more likely to have nose bleeds? Or would this be ok to take while taking asprin? Thank you!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Ive heard people saying this acts like asprin. If im already taking asprin would this thin my blood more and make me more likely to have nose bleeds? Or would this be ok to take while taking asprin? Thank you!

Well, it probably does not completely overlap with aspirin's effects but it has some similarity. Quinones, just like aspirin, are pro-metabolic, anti-inflamamtory, anti-estrogenic, anti-hypoxic, blood-thinning (except vitamin K), anti-serotonin, anti-histamine, etc. So, yes, there is overlap but I would not say that it acts exactly like aspirin or that it can replace it.

mirc12354

Is it OK to drop a few drops of Lapodin into the infected ear or would you rather suggest oxidal in such cases?

Katty

Been taking lapodin for about a week. I take it after dinner and it seems to be causing soul-crushing depression. I'm trying to understand the mechanism at play. I was thinking it was lowering my stress hormones and that was the reason for feeling so down. But my pulse is still excessively high. Any thoughts?

Pointless

Been taking lapodin for about a week. I take it after dinner and it seems to be causing soul-crushing depression. I'm trying to understand the mechanism at play. I was thinking it was lowering my stress hormones and that was the reason for feeling so down. But my pulse is still excessively high. Any thoughts?

How much do you take?

Katty

Started with a couple drops and tried to build, but didn't feel much from it. So I upped it to 20 drops. Could be that I took too much too soon. But still trying to understand why it would cause this reaction.

Surfari

Started with a couple drops and tried to build, but didn't feel much from it. So I upped it to 20 drops. Could be that I took too much too soon. But still trying to understand why it would cause this reaction.

Katty - Haidut had mentioned that Lapodin increases metabolism and also lowers estrogen. I'm pretty sure that what lowers estrogen can lower blood sugar. Since taking Lapodin I've had to up my calorie intake, and over time I've cut back on how much Lapodin I'm taking. Could be that it's revving you up, and you don't have enough fuel and then the cortisol - adrenaline stuff kicks back in and your heart rate goes up.

Katty

Yeah, you're probably right. I was particularly starving today. It's difficult to find a balance. I might still keep taking it and just really lower the dose.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is it OK to drop a few drops of Lapodin into the infected ear or would you rather suggest oxidal in such cases?

I would not drop in the ear, but rub on the ear and the the base of the earlobe around the ear on the skull. Rubbing some on the neck below the ear can also help sometimes with issues like Eustachian tube dysfunction.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals