Fractality

It would be cool to have a DMSO option for this again as an anti-bacterial mouthwash and gum cleanser. DMSO alone shows promise in treating gum disease.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It would be cool to have a DMSO option for this again as an anti-bacterial mouthwash and gum cleanser. DMSO alone shows promise in treating gum disease.

What would prevent the current version being used for mouthwash? The main effect would be from the quinones anyways, and btw the SFA and ethanol also have potent antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral effects. When we had it in DMSO a few people complained that they cannot use it for mouthwash due to the "horrible" DMSO taste. Right now it is tasteless, and the only feeling is probably a bit of burn from the alcohol but I find it less burning than Listerine.

Obi-wan

I mix it in cottage cheese but it does stain the corners of the teeth. I use a spin brush and brush with toothpaste afterward

Fractality

What would prevent the current version being used for mouthwash? The main effect would be from the quinones anyways, and btw the SFA and ethanol also have potent antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral effects. When we had it in DMSO a few people complained that they cannot use it for mouthwash due to the "horrible" DMSO taste. Right now it is tasteless, and the only feeling is probably a bit of burn from the alcohol but I find it less burning than Listerine.

I'm not saying something prevents the current version from being used as mouthwash. My message was prompted by reading studies showing how DMSO could work treating gum disease so I thought "Wow, DMSO + these quinones would make an uber mouthwash!"

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm not saying something prevents the current version from being used as mouthwash. My message was prompted by reading studies showing how DMSO could work treating gum disease so I thought "Wow, DMSO + these quinones would make an uber mouthwash!"

I agree, it would probably absorb better in the gums. But it would be hard to convince people the DMSO taste is worth it:): If you have some DMSO handy, you can try dumping some cascara powder in it and letting it stay overnight. Then the filter the liquid and try as a mouthwash. There should be enough quinones in there to feel an effect.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Why isn't oral recommend

Licensing issues mostly. It has to be made in a specific facility to be marketed for oral use. Since it is bottled/produced in a lab, it can only be marketed for lab and/or external use.

dfspcc20

Would lapodin have an anti-microbial affect in the intestine when used topically? or what that only apply to orally?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would lapodin have an anti-microbial affect in the intestine when used topically? or what that only apply to orally?

It should, similar to methylene blue which destroys gut pathogens when combined when bright light. The mechanism is know as "photodynamic therapy" and probably applies to all quinones including emodin, methylene blue, vitamin B2 (FAD), tetracyclines, etc.

dfspcc20

It should, similar to methylene blue which destroys gut pathogens when combined when bright light. The mechanism is know as "photodynamic therapy" and probably applies to all quinones including emodin, methylene blue, vitamin B2 (FAD), tetracyclines, etc.

But not too much bright light (to avoid oxidative stress), correct?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
But not too much bright light (to avoid oxidative stress), correct?

Yes, if you take a hefty dose of quinones then anything more than hour of very bright sunlight will probably increase ROS too much for comfort. That's why Peat says not to take more than 20mg of B2 if there is going to be sunlight exposure. He actually prefers even lower dose - 10mg.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you have an idea what this would feel like?

Usually sweating and agitation would be the first signs. If done chronically and if there is a lot of PUFA in a person's stores then will be a visible change in the amount of lipofuscin on the skin.

dfspcc20

Lapodin, applied topically, seems to be an effective deodorant. 3 drops or so per armpit.
Downside is staining of skin (which washes off) and possibly clothing. But then again, baking soda (which I was using regularly before as a deodorant) does that as well.

meatbag

I hadn't used this since when it was first released, really good effects and will probably continue to use it, so thanks for making the product. Giving rat a dose orally seemed to greatly improve digestion and improve mood after a few days and mind seemed much more clear. Transit time is greatly increased; when stomach was upset one day it seemed to have a laxative effect but the dose was also slightly larger than normal.

When using one day it exploded open and I emptied the contents into a clear container, it contained many flakes (roughly the size of fish food). Not sure if it should be like this or it precipitated. Would heating the bottle dissolve the flakes back in?

Lee Simeon

Not sure if you are ever going to include it again, or if you even keep count, but the camphor version is da bomb! Less irritation topically and better-tasting orally.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Not sure if you are ever going to include it again, or if you even keep count, but the camphor version is da bomb! Less irritation topically and better-tasting orally.

Thanks! I liked the camphor version more too. However, with the exception of you, me and say 4 other people everybody else complained about the camphor taste/smell and said they would not use it if we add camphor to it. I may introduce two options, one with camphor and one without. Waiting to see how many other people will ask for the camphor to stay.

B

Braveheart

Thanks! I liked the camphor version more too. However, with the exception of you, me and say 4 other people everybody else complained about the camphor taste/smell and said they would not use it if we add camphor to it. I may introduce two options, one with camphor and one without. Waiting to see how many other people will ask for the camphor to stay.
count me in...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was curious about trying the camphor with some of the supplements too (e. g. K2) . Given that adamantane smells like camphor (@haidut in the relevant threo) I wondered if he considered adding to camphor to diamant.

There won't be much benefit. Adamantane and camphor are pretty similar molecules, hence the similar smell. Adding camphor to adamantane won't increase absorption or cellular uptake any more than adamantane would do by itself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals