1. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL11 - Orange, Red & Infrared Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cocoa Butter - Organic & Fair Trade Certified
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Lapodin - Liquid Emodin/β-lapachone Mix

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Jan 29, 2016.

1. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Possibly, but it has not been studied directly AFAIK. However, emodin is known to have this effects and it also inhibits iNOS, so it lowers NO synthesis directly as well.

2. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

In the old podcasts with Danny Roddy I think you only mention methylene blue and red light as being able to dissociate nitric oxide from cytochrome c oxidase, so very interesting that you say Emodin can have the same effect

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I did not know about emodin's effects back then. The methylene blue and red light are probably still more effective but emodin is very good at lowering iNOS so eventually will have metabolic benefit even if its effects on cytochrome C are weaker.

4. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

am i right in thinking your Lapodin product would have all the anti-NO benefits without the laxative effects of cascara sagrada?

5. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

That was one of the hopes I had when conjuring it up :): The emodin in Cascara is in a glycoside form, which makes it almost unabsorbable and that's what allows it to reach the colon where bacteria break it down to plain emodin thus triggerring the laxative effect. We use pure emodin in Lapodin, which gets very well absorbed in the stomach and small intestine, with very little laxative effect.

6. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

is there any chance of ordering just an emodin supplement from you or is it only available with the lapachone also?

7. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Sorry, we don't do only emodin as it has poor solubility and only when combined with other quinones it stays well dissolved. We cannot sell the raw powder due to agreements sold with the bulk vendors.