thyrulian

Could be the emodin due to lowering of cortisol, or some other mechanism. Thyroid is known to do the same thing, especially T3 when used on its own. Let me know if this persists or disappears when used orally.
I welcome the flutter.

I remember a similar response to very high dose iodine. I'm not sure there's anything scary about it - kind of exhilarating, but perhaps I'm desperate to feel that my heart is at least somewhat capable.

800mRepeats

The chlorines can increase the protein denaturing that DMSO can cause and make the irritation much worse. So, I would avoid using DMSO supplements until the chlorine is removed by showering or other skin washing.
We will probably release the new DMSO formulation for Lapodin in a week or so. It will also become a pure emodin/naphthoquinone supplement as we managed to find a source of affordable pure emodin and lapachone. So, we won't be using cascara and lapachon extracts any more. The supplement will probably become dark red in color and much more potent due to the purity. So, the bottle will probably last even longer as lower doses would achieve the same effects.

Ooh... this is very exciting! I'm getting to the end of my current bottle and would greatly welcome a non-irritating, more powerful formula. :hearteyes:
Will you announce it when the new version is available?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Any thoughts if lapodin will help with a cold or sinus infection?

DaveFoster

Lapodin is very relaxing; it's definitely good for cognitive performance.

@haidut What do you think a minimal daily dose would be just to antagonize 11-betaHSD1 and lower cortisol, or is the effect proportional?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Lapodin is very relaxing; it's definitely good for cognitive performance.

@haidut What do you think a minimal daily dose would be just to antagonize 11-betaHSD1 and lower cortisol, or is the effect proportional?

The EC50 for emodin in vitro was just 85nM/L, which can be achieved with a dose of 1mg - 2mg daily especially when dissolved in DMSO. Similar to methylene blue and its optimal concentration of 100nM/L. More may provide more inhbition but the potential for loose stools and bleeding risks increases with the dose, similar to aspirin and vitamin E.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ooh... this is very exciting! I'm getting to the end of my current bottle and would greatly welcome a non-irritating, more powerful formula. :hearteyes:
Will you announce it when the new version is available?

Yes, I will post in this thread when it is ready.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any thoughts if lapodin will help with a cold or sinus infection?

There are quite a few studies on emodin and lapachone having potent antiviral effects. Not sure if it can help these specific conditions but you can look in the "antiviral" section of the emodin studies thread.

DaveFoster

The EC50 for emodin in vitro was just 85nM/L, which can be achieved with a dose of 1mg - 2mg daily especially when dissolved in DMSO. Similar to methylene blue and its optimal concentration of 100nM/L. More may provide more inhbition but the potential for loose stools and bleeding risks increases with the dose, similar to aspirin and vitamin E.
Wow, that's surprisingly low, thanks haidut!

mujuro

Does Lapodin necessitate an increase in CHO intake? I feel terrific in the morning but about midday I get bad adrenergic symptoms: sweating, shortness of breath, tremor. My workout today was abysmal in terms of strength and stamina.

EDIT - I should clarify. Today was the first day I have taken it in the AM, after waking. I had hitherto been taking it before bed, and my previous workout was actually very good.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does Lapodin necessitate an increase in CHO intake? I feel terrific in the morning but about midday I get bad adrenergic symptoms: sweating, shortness of breath, tremor. My workout today was abysmal in terms of strength and stamina.

EDIT - I should clarify. Today was the first day I have taken it in the AM, after waking. I had hitherto been taking it before bed, and my previous workout was actually very good.

Emodin is known to lower cortisol. If there is not much thyroid function to pick up the slack from the lower cortisol then adrenaline will rise to compensate. So, lowering cortisol is only half the battle. The other half is making sure thyroid works well.

mujuro

This is embarrassing but uhhh I drank spoilt milk yesterday. Quite a bit. Probably what caused those symptoms. My wife found it hilarious.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any progress on the new formula?
This is quickly becoming my favorite of all your gems.

We have to run out of the concentrated extracts before we switch to the pure chemical. I'd guess a month or so, maybe less.

RePeatRePeat

We have to run out of the concentrated extracts before we switch to the pure chemical. I'd guess a month or so, maybe less.

@haidut, I love the Lapodin and just receivied my re-order of it, not realizing you were coming out with a new version. I learned about that just now when I was looking up if anyone else is having redness and itching from the product, specifically wondering if anyone is using it orally in order to avoid the problem. Even though I rotate where I place it, use water on my skin first, and even though it does not always itch when I put it on, I am now itchy in all the places I have placed it even if not applied to those areas for several days. But I am loathe to discontinue using it because it is such a helpful product.

May I keep my new bottle (unopened/unused) until we get reports from people using the new version? If they do not get redness/rash/itching, may I exchange it for that new version? If they still have the problem then I will try using my bottle of the old version orally.

Thank you, again, for all your wonderful work and products. Using them has made remarkable positive changes in my health.

800mRepeats

@haidut, I love the Lapodin and just receivied my re-order of it, not realizing you were coming out with a new version. I learned about that just now when I was looking up if anyone else is having redness and itching from the product, specifically wondering if anyone is using it orally in order to avoid the problem. Even though I rotate where I place it, use water on my skin first, and even though it does not always itch when I put it on, I am now itchy in all the places I have placed it even if not applied to those areas for several days. But I am loathe to discontinue using it because it is such a helpful product.

May I keep my new bottle (unopened/unused) until we get reports from people using the new version? If they do not get redness/rash/itching, may I exchange it for that new version? If they still have the problem then I will try using my bottle of the old version orally.

Thank you, again, for all your wonderful work and products. Using them has made remarkable positive changes in my health.

FWIW, I have a recently-ordered bottle (1 week) as I ran out of patience (and Lapodin) waiting for the new formula.
My old bottle caused horrible itching after a few consecutive days of application, so I switched to oral dosing with no issue.
I gave the new bottle a try topically and so far, after 1 week, no itching or irritation of any kind. Not sure why - perhaps it's new enough to have the less-itchy DMSO in it that's being used for other IdeaLabs products?

RePeatRePeat

FWIW, I have a recently-ordered bottle (1 week) as I ran out of patience (and Lapodin) waiting for the new formula.
My old bottle caused horrible itching after a few consecutive days of application, so I switched to oral dosing with no issue.
I gave the new bottle a try topically and so far, after 1 week, no itching or irritation of any kind. Not sure why - perhaps it's new enough to have the less-itchy DMSO in it that's being used for other IdeaLabs products?

Thanks for the info @800mRepeats. Did you use the same number of drops orally as topically? You only used it a few days topically so results comparisons would be difficult. Do you think the lapodin affected your bowels when taken orally? I still have almost a quarter bottle left of my first lapodin (that's how valuable it is to me that I ordered well before needed as did not want to run out) and may try it orally while I wait to see how others do with the new version.

If anyone else also used lapodin orally, I would love to hear your experiences if you would care to share.

800mRepeats

Thanks for the info @800mRepeats. Did you use the same number of drops orally as topically? You only used it a few days topically so results comparisons would be difficult. Do you think the lapodin affected your bowels when taken orally? I still have almost a quarter bottle left of my first lapodin (that's how valuable it is to me that I ordered well before needed as did not want to run out) and may try it orally while I wait to see how others do with the new version.

If anyone else also used lapodin orally, I would love to hear your experiences if you would care to share.

I have been using the same number of drops orally and topically - 4 drops, 2 or 3 times a day.
I haven't noticed a difference in results between the two. I do think a good bit is absorbed through the membranes of the mouth, so it'd be similar to topical application (without the itch, even after a few months of use).

And, I thought of you this evening as I did find my evening dose to make me a bit itchy for a moment. Could have just been because I was thinking about it; or maybe it was real and I'm starting to reach the point of intolerance (after having restarted topical application about a week ago, after several months off).

RePeatRePeat

I have been using the same number of drops orally and topically - 4 drops, 2 or 3 times a day.
I haven't noticed a difference in results between the two. I do think a good bit is absorbed through the membranes of the mouth, so it'd be similar to topical application (without the itch, even after a few months of use).

And, I thought of you this evening as I did find my evening dose to make me a bit itchy for a moment. Could have just been because I was thinking about it; or maybe it was real and I'm starting to reach the point of intolerance (after having restarted topical application about a week ago, after several months off).

Thanks @800mRepeats. Yeah, when I first started Lapodin it felt gritty but I didn't get the itching until about a week more of topical use, just as you are experiencing now. Then, little by little, it got more intense and I started putting water on my skin first. This helped a little and then it continued to worsen. Then I just tried to moisturize my skin in the mornings so that it wouldn't get as irritated with application, which is always before bed. And then, I just couldn't take the itching anymore. I want to scratch my skin off!

Based on your good results, I will take it orally tonight. 20 drops at once! It smells awful so I am not looking forward to how it tastes!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

I will send you a PM.