OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Will do. Is there a listed half-life for lanosterol?

Have not seen any info on that but I presume it is similar to cholesterol. LDL half life is about 3 days, so if lanosterol is the same it can really build up even with low dose.

Anders86

This product reminds me of Rita Levi-Montalcini who discovered NGF (Nerve Growth Factor). Iirc she dropped pure NGF on her eyes for ages. I know Lions Mane Mushroom has NGF. Is this product in any way connected with NGF? When I think about it I have never read about NGF or BDNF on this forum at all. Is this even a thing in "Peat" world?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This product reminds me of Rita Levi-Montalcini who discovered NGF (Nerve Growth Factor). Iirc she dropped pure NGF on her eyes for ages. I know Lions Mane Mushroom has NGF. Is this product in any way connected with NGF? When I think about it I have never read about NGF or BDNF on this forum at all. Is this even a thing in "Peat" world?

Have not seen anything on lanosterol and NGF but if it reverses protein aggregation it should increase neurogenesis.
Yes, BDNF is a thing in Peat world and a few steroids like androsterone, pregnenolone and progesterone increase it.
The Antidepressant Mechanism Of Androsterone

PhilParma

Do you think that this could help with chronic dry eyes? I've seen my rats scratching their eyes incessantly..

DesertRat

I would like to try it but don't know if customs will confiscate it or not. What's your experience been like shipping to Italy?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think that this could help with chronic dry eyes? I've seen my rats scratching their eyes incessantly..

I don't think it is good as eye drops but may be tried rubbing around the eye on the eyelid or even temples.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I would like to try it but don't know if customs will confiscate it or not. What's your experience been like shipping to Italy?

Lanosterol is not a controlled product in Italy and a few packages with lanosterol sent there passed through just fine. But there is always a risk that customs will stop a package for a "random check".

A small package with 1 product doesn't get screened for some reason. I think there is a weight threshold.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
A small package with 1 product doesn't get screened for some reason. I think there is a weight threshold.

In my experience the threshold is both weight and number dependent. Anything under 100g (3oz) and/or havig 3 or fewer items seems to pass pretty easily through Italian customs.

In my experience the threshold is both weight and number dependent. Anything under 100g (3oz) and/or havig 3 or fewer items seems to pass pretty easily through Italian customs.
I actually met two guys that sort the packages at the customs one time. They had a few beers and basically confirmed that they don't have the ability to go through all the small packets so they just don't. Anyway I'd be hard-pressed to find one controlled substance in Italy that is sold by IdeaLabs, save maybe cypro and T3 T4. Oh and some vitamins have a limit on import quantity, but the customs don't seem to know/care.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I actually met two guys that sort the packages at the customs one time. They had a few beers and basically confirmed that they don't have the ability to go through all the small packets so they just don't. Anyway I'd be hard-pressed to find one controlled substance in Italy that is sold by IdeaLabs, save maybe cypro and T3 T4. Oh and some vitamins have a limit on import quantity, but the customs don't seem to know/care.

Good to know thanks.

aarfai

Anymore rat experiences to share?
It has been my favorite supplement from Idea Labs if only I could fix the sleeping issues.

I have settled and 1 mg per day lately and that seems to work but I'm thinking the dose of lanosterol might be too low to see any benefit.

brix

It has been my favorite supplement from Idea Labs if only I could fix the sleeping issues.

I have settled and 1 mg per day lately and that seems to work but I'm thinking the dose of lanosterol might be too low to see any benefit.
What effects are most apparent?

tallglass13

@aarfai, when you say sleeping issues, is that pertaining to the lanosterol? Does it make you sleepy at all, or do you find it stimulating?

aarfai

@aarfai, when you say sleeping issues, is that pertaining to the lanosterol? Does it make you sleepy at all, or do you find it stimulating?
It started once I added the lanosterol. Don't think it's the lanosterol itself per se.

I think it might be the combination of uncoulpers since I'm also on thyroid, low dose DHEA and low dose pregnenolone

shepherdgirl

Yesterday I took 5 mg of lanosterol in the afternoon with some cascara, 5 mg DHEA, 3 mg progesterone (all cortisol lowering or blocking agents).
@aarfai wouldn't cascara (or charcoal or carrot or bamboo) lower/block the effectiveness of any supplements taken at the same time?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom