Lamb?

Discussion in 'Meat' started by Austin, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Austin

Austin Member

I noticed lamb on Danny Roddy's version of Peat's diet, as well as a few other versions. If I'm eating beef, liver, oysters, sole, and bone broth, is lamb really needed? I don't prefer to eat it for ethical reasons.

Thanks,

2. j.

j. Guest

Probably having more variety would be main reason, since we restrict chicken and pork.

3. Ingenol

Ingenol Member

Additionally--at least here in the US--you can find grass-fed lamb, whereas it's virtually impossible in many areas to find chicken and pork that haven't been fed at least a significant amount of grains, or worse.

4. OP
    Austin

Austin Member

Okay, thanks for the replies guys. So to clarify, there are no extra vits/minerals in lamb that I need that aren't found in the meat I listed above?

5. j.

j. Guest

I think that's right.

6. Jenn

Jenn Member

For some people, lamb is easier to digest....other than that, which ever one you can find that is grass fed is best.

7. gabriel79

gabriel79 Member

Lamb is just a good substitute to beef, with goat being the other one. In same places it will be better fed too and less fatty.

8. Primal2Peat

Primal2Peat Member

"Lamb" is usually a misnomer in the U.S.

You're not actually eating baby sheep. It's adult sheep, but the term "lamb" just sort of stuck here. It would be called "mutton" in Europe.

I'm not sure if that's your "ethical" problem with it, but just thought I would chime in with that.

9. gabriel79

gabriel79 Member

Didn't know. In my country, lamb is lamb (usually less than 20kg a whole animal)

10. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

I think after they are one year old they are called sheep. Under a year, lamb.

11. Jenn

Jenn Member

Yeah, you can certainly be eating baby sheep here in the US., baby goat too. Quite common (among those that eat goat ) to butcher bucklings at about 3-4 months of age or even younger. A two month old is like roasted chicken.