Laird Hamilton Youthful

Watson350

Laird Hamilton is nearly 60 and yet he looks like a 45 year old with some sun damage; pretty amazing. Vitamin D and Ketogenic diet seem to be his staples. He also takes macca and Chaga etc

encerent

He's 54 years old. A lot of the pictures around on the internet of him are from years ago as well.

theLaw

More details about his approach:

3 Be a fat-burning monster I don’t eat energy bars when I’m out on the water all day. In fact, I don’t need to eat anything. My body runs off its body fat. That’s because I’m paleo. I consume hardly any refined sugar, a few raw dairy products and almost no wheat or grains. I eat plants and animals. I grew up that way in Hawaii. Paleo researcher-kineseologist Paul Chek taught me that your body has enough fat on it to run for days... and that sugar fouls up your machinery. So after I cut alcohol, I began eliminating sugar and sugary fruit. I refined it over the past two years listening to primal lifestyle guru Mark Sisson and other paleo people. A triathlete can go for hours on a little almond butter and their own body fat. But if you eat refined carbs, your blood sugar spikes up and down. I love espresso. You could give me five shots of espresso, a quarter stick of butter, a quarter stick of coconut oil and other fat, and I’ll drink that. I could go for five or six hours and not be hungry, because I’m burning fat.

Collden

All surfers tend to look good, doubt theres anything special about the ketogenic diet. More being outside in the daylight all the time doing something very enjoyable and stimulating on both a physical and mental level.

OP
W

Watson350

All surfers tend to look good, doubt theres anything special about the ketogenic diet. More being outside in the daylight all the time doing something very enjoyable and stimulating on both a physical and mental level.
Ketogenic diet is fabulous for losing weight; but it's silly long term. As others have suggested it is not optimum and more of a failsafe. However I lost 38 pounds in 2.5 months on it

Broken man

He is like another old men I know that can only smoke cigarettes and are okay.

Fractality

Well, he has a high caffeine intake. Along with what others have said, don't discount the lack of stress he probably experiences. He probably doesn't have to worry about money, and he gets to earn money doing things he enjoys. In that video posted above, he listed these foods as the "3 devils"

1. White flour (RP and others here would agree)
2. White sugar (Contentious one, I think most here and RP would say fruit sugar is better.)
3. White milk (I guess chocolate milk is okay? :cool: but then he says raw milk is phenomenal which contradicts this one)

Herbie

He’s heavily influenced by Paul chek and regurgitates whatever he says.

Herbie

Well, he has a high caffeine intake. Along with what others have said, don't discount the lack of stress he probably experiences. He probably doesn't have to worry about money, and he gets to earn money doing things he enjoys. In that video posted above, he listed these foods as the "3 devils"

1. White flour (RP and others here would agree)
2. White sugar (Contentious one, I think most here and RP would say fruit sugar is better.)
3. White milk (I guess chocolate milk is okay? :cool: but then he says raw milk is phenomenal which contradicts this one)

Mate it’s the four white devils,

You forgot white table salt.

Satan is watching.

teds

Forum Supporter
Ketogenic diet is fabulous for losing weight; but it's silly long term. As others have suggested it is not optimum and more of a failsafe. However I lost 38 pounds in 2.5 months on it
Yeah I put on 25kg... but I lost 10kg first...
Short term gains.. long term metabolic damage..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals