Lactose intolerance - how to fix naturally?

Doludolu

Hey there! ;)

Has anyone read anything decent / experimented about supporting natural lactose digestion?
I'm interested in:
•Any effective probiotic strains recommended to help increase lactose digestibility for long-term?
• Any gut protocols to increase natural lactose digestion that worked for you

Currently I'm consuming raw sheep/goat milk products when I have access.

Thanks.

cardochav

Sheep’s milk and goat’s milk have lactose, real lactose intolerance is very unlikely. Gelatin is usually added to cow or goat milk to inprove digestibility when making a baby formula, might try some gelatin. Also beware of store bought milk, lots of additives.

Sheep’s milk and goat’s milk have lactose, real lactose intolerance is very unlikely. Gelatin is usually added to cow or goat milk to inprove digestibility when making a baby formula, might try some gelatin. Also beware of store bought milk, lots of additives.

bunk. Many are lactose intolerant because they stopped producing lactase.

cardochav

bunk. Many are lactose intolerant because they stopped producing lactase.
Ok, but how can op be lactose intolerant if he tolerates sheep/goat milk which has plenty of lactose? I went about 15 years without eating any dairy after thinking it was a cause of my migraines. Now I drink about a half gallon a day with no problem.

Last edited:

cardochav

yeah lots of us have tried and failed to restore lactose tolerance

these days i just use lactaid milk, works great
That may be, however i suspect it is more common that people don’t have a lactose intolerance, but they are intolerant to something else in the highly processed milk or their digestion just can’t handle the high quality protein after years of abuse, which was my case.

Apple

That may be, however i suspect it is more common that people don’t have a lactose intolerance, but they are intolerant to something else in the highly processed milk or their digestion just can’t handle the high quality protein after years of abuse, which was my case.
Many kids don't tolerate milk, you don't need years of abuse of digestion .
"highly processed milk" - not sure what you mean. I used milk right from cow (not from a store) and I used to bring it to boil for couple seconds. It always gave me stomach ache. Raw milk was no better.
But then there is A2 milk out there, in which casein is comparable to goat/sheep milk. A1 protein can inflame intestines , it may explain why so many people get sick from dairy (milk and cheese) and can't tolerate lactose. BCM-7 may affect lactase production/activity and possibly exacerbate existing hypolactasia and consequent lactose malabsorption.
African cows are mostly A2, no wonder the Maasai can drink gallons of milk.

Last edited: