Lactobacillus Reuteri ATCC PTA 6475 Restores Youth In Old Mice

Broken man

Also, after reading the studies, I know about next things that upregulate Interleukin-10

CDT

Would the OP mind reposting the study links in the first post? They seem to be broken...

OP
R

rei

Don't know what i could do different, both work for me.

Douglas Ek

I have tried it. Nothing noticeable at all. Probably took it for a year. Didn’t feel anything and blood test didnt reveal anything.

OP
R

rei

I have tried it. Nothing noticeable at all. Probably took it for a year. Didn’t feel anything and blood test didnt reveal anything.

Just the pill? That is commonly reported. But making the yogurt which has more than 1000x more bacteria? That is reported to have real effects.

Kartoffel

People report incredible results with an estimated trillion CFU. 2 billion is enough to reliably make a quart of yogurt.

Normally, you multiply the amount of a substance by 6 or 7 to get the human equivalent for a rodent dose. In this case that would ~2.5 million. Maybe it's a little different with bacteria, but 200 million still sounds like a sufficient dose. I wouldn't risk introducing that many foreign bacteria into my gut.

OP
R

rei

Not very convincing that they don't even mention the strain, apparently reuteri has a huge variety in this aspect. But the CFU seems to be adequate so if it is a good one then it should be potent.

OP
R

rei

Reuteri is the species, and the number is the strain.

Douglas Ek

In what form did you take this? Pill or yogurt?

Took it in an oil solution. Also tried mixing it with yoghurts etc. On a few occasions it gave me loose stools. Indication of increased serotonin production

Douglas Ek

Loose stools could be from repopulating microbiome.

Or it’s from serotonin production. Anyway took it for 1 year did blood tests during the year. Nothing happened and I did notice nothing. Sorry to ruin the party but it doesnt seem to work. At least not in me

Last edited:

olive

Yes coconut milk yogurt is doable. But it is not high in palmitic and stearic acid which the link mentions as good for reuteri.
Thanks for clarifying. I’ve decided to buy the biogaia gastrus tablets and a yogurt maker. Should have a batch made in a few days time - just waiting on delivery. Please keep me updated on your progress. I’m still undecided what to culture it in. I’m considering a 2:2:1 mix of coconut cream:coconut milk:stearic acid. Which source of carbohydrate will you be feeding the yogurt? Commercial coconut yogurts that I looked at in the store tended to use tapioca but I’ve opted for Inulin. According to the blog post I’ll need to add sugar to the mix due to the lack of lactose. Do you believe honey would work?

Broken man

I am eating yogurt with some probiotics and found it helpful, read some studies and believe that certain bacteria strain are very needed.

Broken man

Or it’s from serotonin production. Anyway took it for 1 year did blood tests during the year. Nothing happened and I did notice nothing. Sorry to ruin the party but it doesnt seem to work. At least not in me
The thing is that you need more than taking some capsules with probiotic.