Lactic acidosis help!!!

June

Help!!! I gave myself lactic acidosis by taking apple cider vinegar and cranberry juice for a UTI. My heart is just thumping away. My feet are now swollen. I was wondering if you think potassium citrate will help quickly. I think sodium bicarbonate would be too much sodium given the edema and skin pitting. Thanks.

mostlylurking

Help!!! I gave myself lactic acidosis by taking apple cider vinegar and cranberry juice for a UTI. My heart is just thumping away. My feet are now swollen. I was wondering if you think potassium citrate will help quickly. I think sodium bicarbonate would be too much sodium given the edema and skin pitting. Thanks.
Thiamine resolves lactic acidosis.

I was able to get my lactic acidosis lowered with one oral dose of about 300mg of thiamine hcl, taken with water. It was noticeably better/resolved withing an hour.

OP
J

June

Thiamine resolves lactic acidosis.

I was able to get my lactic acidosis lowered with one oral dose of about 300mg of thiamine hcl, taken with water. It was noticeably better/resolved withing an hour.
Hi @mostlylurking I think you may have replied to my other post. I had to start a new thread cause I was frantic with feelings of a heart attack and didn't have brain power to figure out how to find it. Yes B1 thiamine and bentotiamine is something that causes profuse bleeding in me cause I have H2S sibo and B1 is a sulfur substance. I purchased some potassium citrate tonight. I take an electrolyte powder with 1000mg Potassium in it also, so not sure if I need to add the potassium citrate capsules along with it. Before figuring out I had H2S sibo, I was on a carnivore diet thinking I only had sibo. Big mistake. I bled nonstop and everything coming out of my orifices had a sour smell. There are no tests for H2S sibo here. So I figured it out when I bled after B1 and had a steak one night. I'm on a low sulfur diet now but have spent 6 months without fruits or veggies prior because of that damn carnivore diet. So I'm sure I'm deficient in everything. This apple cider vinegar, cranberry juice and Uva Ursi for the UTI really did me in and thought I was having a heart attack. My heart is still weak and pounding like crazy at this moment but I'm hoping the potassium can help my acidic PH? Not sure.

EDIT: forgot to include UVA URSI in original post. So not only does apple cider vinegar deplete potassium, so does a diuretic like UVA URSI. I screwed myself over so badly and I was already in terrible health for over 10 years.

redsun

Your heart may be pounding due to a histamine reaction caused by the vinegar which is a strong histamine liberator. It will cause tachycardia and sometimes also swelling. If you actually had lactic acidosis you would also have fast and shallow breathing, nausea, weakness, and cognitive symptoms. You did say in your last thread you were severely anemic which will predispose you to lactic acidosis due to reduced oxygenation of tissues.

If you have a calcium supplement you can take that it may calm your heart rate. Otherwise you need to wait it out. It should go away on its own. If you commonly have issues with the heart such as racing heart, heavy pulse (also known as bounding pulse), heart palpitations from simple movements like walking, climbing steps, etc this is due to your anemia.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Hi @mostlylurking I think you may have replied to my other post. I had to start a new thread cause I was frantic with feelings of a heart attack and didn't have brain power to figure out how to find it. Yes B1 thiamine and bentotiamine is something that causes profuse bleeding in me cause I have H2S sibo and B1 is a sulfur substance. I purchased some potassium citrate tonight. I take an electrolyte powder with 1000mg Potassium in it also, so not sure if I need to add the potassium citrate capsules along with it. Before figuring out I had H2S sibo, I was on a carnivore diet thinking I only had sibo. Big mistake. I bled nonstop and everything coming out of my orifices had a sour smell. There are no tests for H2S sibo here. So I figured it out when I bled after B1 and had a steak one night. I'm on a low sulfur diet now but have spent 6 months without fruits or veggies prior because of that damn carnivore diet. So I'm sure I'm deficient in everything. This apple cider vinegar, cranberry juice and Uva Ursi for the UTI really did me in and thought I was having a heart attack. My heart is still weak and pounding like crazy at this moment but I'm hoping the potassium can help my acidic PH? Not sure.

EDIT: forgot to include UVA URSI in original post. So not only does apple cider vinegar deplete potassium, so does a diuretic like UVA URSI. I screwed myself over so badly and I was already in terrible health for over 10 years.
Thiamine hcl resolved my lactic acidosis. Just saying. I have never read that bleeding is a side effect of thiamine hcl in anyone, so I'm inclined to believe that the bleeding wasn't caused by the thiamine. But thiamine supplementation can reduce your potassium so drinking some orange juice for the potassium is suggested (on line).

Apparently, the idea of avoiding sulfur when you have H2S sibo is a controversial idea (I did a quick search and read an article or two). Here's one: What Is Hydrogen Sulfide SIBO and How Is It Treated? - Dr. Michael Ruscio, DNM, DC "It’s likely that specialized approaches, such as low sulfur diets or avoiding sulfuric medications, are not necessary for this type of SIBO (and may actually distract from helpful treatments)."

A thiamine deficiency can be life threatening so avoiding thiamine because of the sulfur component seems counter productive, at least to me. Sulfur is needed by the body. Nutritional essentiality of sulfur in health and disease - PubMed

Hydrogen sulphide is a handy biomarker (breath test) when trying to diagnose sibo: Hydrogen sulphide in exhaled breath: a potential biomarker for small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in IBS - PubMed

I was diagnosed with small intestine bacterial overgrowth (sibo) about 25 years ago. I had IBS and also leaky gut in addition to the sibo diagnosis. I had very low stomach acid and could not digest my food properly. After the trip through the stomach, where stomach acid is supposed to break down the swallowed food, the food hits the small intestine. If it didn't get the acid treatment in the stomach, it just sits there and ferments/rots (grows bacteria). The key to recovery is normalizing stomach acid and peristalsis (the intestinal movement of food through the digestive tract). Thiamine deficiency causes low stomach acid and poor peristalsis. It makes sense that thiamine supplementation to normalize the digestive tract would be helpful.

Since taking high dose thiamine hcl, I have had no digestive issues (two years now); my digestive tract normalized. My lactic acidosis problem also resolved.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

I purchased some potassium citrate tonight.

Potassium citrate side effects​

Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Potassium citrate may cause serious side effects. Call your doctor at once if you have:
  • severe vomiting or stomach pain;
  • high blood potassium--nausea, weakness, tingly feeling, chest pain, irregular heartbeats, loss of movement; or
  • signs of stomach bleeding--bloody or tarry stools, coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
Common side effects of potassium citrate may include:

link: Potassium citrate Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals