Lactic Acid From Kefir

Let's say we remove liquid whey from curd when they separate after fermentation when making kefir.

straining_mk_2_copy.jpg

If we wanted to use the liquid whey portion, couldn't we just add baking soda to neutralize acidity? That way we could benefit from the whey fraction of the milk and so the whole food, instead of wastin it.

VitoScaletta

Thank you for for these posts sir, very nice and I like the editing on the screenshots.

I am very retarded currently... It would be appreciated if you were to 'xplain (TL;DA) basically what this means and implies? Thank you sir.

VitoScaletta

How does kefir even get like that?! I only have the things that are available in the stores for reference so this is very unusual.

Edit: so he said 4 days in the fridge and 2 days on the outside.

From the video;
After 4 days in the fridge:
Screenshot_2022-10-31-13-39-41-139_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

And then after the additional 2 days outside:
IMG_20221031_134135.jpg

This method of fermentations isn't similar to the methods I reads (24h~ maybe more (?) fermentation in I think 16-24 Celsius, then optional 8-12 hours "secondary fermentation"), so that may be why. But I'm curious as to what happens exactly that causes it to separate like this, and also how it affects Lactic Acid content, breaking down of protein, etc.

I guess fermentation isn't an exact science and it seems to work well regardless, but I am still curious as to what is "best" and most in-line with the philosophy on this site and also traditional knowledge regarding milk fermentation and kefir.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals