Lack Of Fingernail Moons - Indication?

youngsinatra

In TCM it is said that lack of fingernail moons indicate lack of chi / energy. (hypothyroidism, lack of minerals and B vitamins)

In HTMA testing, it is said that magnesium deficiency can cause this phenomenon.

2723D6DD-4E93-4EF4-9D47-CA221B6DD093.jpeg

Many people with CFS have lack of those fingernail moons. I personally only have them on my thumbs, but since dropping vitamin D for 2 months and really upping my magnesium they are slowly coming back. I also feel more energized.

Your thoughts and observation?

dfspcc20

Peat told me in an email that his lunula went away after he started taking thyroid. He's not sure what they mean.

Gânico

I never had moons, but i used to have white spots on my fingernail, which went away when i corrected my diet

I think these are the tissues turnover of fresh senew and over time to fingernail. Does not seem to indicate much to me

Lollipop2

I never had moons, but i used to have white spots on my fingernail, which went away when i corrected my diet
Doesn’t this indicate a zinc deficiency? Think I read it on this forum somewhere. Have no idea where though...

Gânico

Doesn’t this indicate a zinc deficiency? Think I read it on this forum somewhere. Have no idea where though...
Nah, i don't think so, it may be more complex . I was always a heavy meat eater and i used to use zinc as a supplement, besides that those white spots were still there. They only went away after i fixed my whole diet.

Lollipop2

Nah, i don't think so, it may be more complex . I was always a heavy meat eater and i used to use zinc as a supplement, besides that those white spots were still there. They only went away after i fixed my whole diet.
Makes sense.

akgrrrl

Good grief. Small or no fingernail moons means you didnt push back your cuticles after applying an emolient. Have we dispensed with hand care/fingernail grooming too?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I am becoming a bit obsessed with those moons.

A female friend of mine said that she has a inability to absorb B12 in the GI tract and needs regular injections for it, and since she started getting them, her moons returned.

My girlfriend has very large moons on her nails. She also has high pulse (90-95 BPM) and low blood pressure. It is said that large moons indicate cardiovascular issues.

I have read that blue moons can be seen in people with wilson‘s disease.

Mazzle

In the iron forums they all think it’s down to iron / anemia Along with vertical ridges.

golder

Looks like there is absolutely zero agreement as to what it means. Does anyone know more definitively or have any interesting literature/research on it?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Looks like there is absolutely zero agreement as to what it means. Does anyone know more definitively or have any interesting literature/research on it?
Sadly not that much, but found some papers.

GreekDemiGod

I am becoming a bit obsessed with those moons.

A female friend of mine said that she has a inability to absorb B12 in the GI tract and needs regular injections for it, and since she started getting them, her moons returned.

My girlfriend has very large moons on her nails. She also has high pulse (90-95 BPM) and low blood pressure. It is said that large moons indicate cardiovascular issues.

I have read that blue moons can be seen in people with wilson‘s disease.
I'm reading through a paid ebook on gut health, and it says lack of moons on fingernails are a sign of low stomach acid. Which in turn, can cause B12 deficiency.

LLight

I'm reading through a paid ebook on gut health, and it says lack of moons on fingernails are a sign of low stomach acid. Which in turn, can cause B12 deficiency.
What book is it? I'm interested as I lack moons (except on my thumbs).

NikT

Its more dense (thereforce less opacity) younger keratin unspread growth phase part of the nail sinus or matrix.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals