Lab work/concerns

Saphire

I would like some feed back on the blood work I just received. This is a new Doctor and I am trying to prepare my self with knowledge and direction cause I am not good explaining things and I am concerned with them lowering my thyroid meds and going by TSH only. Any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance. I do have more labs then this, I just posted what we’re the concerned ones.

AST is 11 Range (13-39)

Glucose (Blood) 101 Range (70-99)

HDL-P (Total) 28.4 Range (>=33.0)

HGB 11.9 Range (12.0-15.3 g/dL)

LDL Particle No 1255 Range (<=1135 nmol/L)

Lipoprotien (A) 115.0 Range (<=29 mg/dl)

Reverse T3 5.3 Range (9.0-27.0 ng/dl)

T4, Free <.025 Range (0.55-1.60)

T3, Free 2.76 Range (2.52-4.34 pg/ml)

Thyroglobulin Ab <1 Range (0-4)

Thyroid Peroxidase 2.0 Range (0.00-9.00 IU/ml)

TSH 0.778 Range (0.270-4.200 ulU/mL)

Vit b12 382 Range (180-914)

Vit D 25-OH Total 73.1 Range 30.0-100.0)

Hans

Forum Supporter
I would like some feed back on the blood work I just received. This is a new Doctor and I am trying to prepare my self with knowledge and direction cause I am not good explaining things and I am concerned with them lowering my thyroid meds and going by TSH only. Any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance. I do have more labs then this, I just posted what we’re the concerned ones.

AST is 11 Range (13-39)

Glucose (Blood) 101 Range (70-99)

HDL-P (Total) 28.4 Range (>=33.0)

HGB 11.9 Range (12.0-15.3 g/dL)

LDL Particle No 1255 Range (<=1135 nmol/L)

Lipoprotien (A) 115.0 Range (<=29 mg/dl)

Reverse T3 5.3 Range (9.0-27.0 ng/dl)

T4, Free <.025 Range (0.55-1.60)

T3, Free 2.76 Range (2.52-4.34 pg/ml)

Thyroglobulin Ab <1 Range (0-4)

Thyroid Peroxidase 2.0 Range (0.00-9.00 IU/ml)

TSH 0.778 Range (0.270-4.200 ulU/mL)

Vit b12 382 Range (180-914)

Vit D 25-OH Total 73.1 Range 30.0-100.0)
The high lp(a) indicates a lot of oxidized lipids, likely due to excess production of ROS somewhere in the body. It could be coming from the gut.
Glucose is a bit elevated, which is now in the pre-diabetic range.
Do you experience hypothyroid symptoms? Despite low free T3, your body thinks it has enough thyroid available, thus the low TSH. T3 could also be so low due to very low rT3. Hemoglobin is very low, which can indicate low iron or just low micronutrients in general. This is common in people that eat a low-protein diet or in those who have gut issues.
Have you tested estrogen? Estrogen increases thyroid binding globulin, which then reduces free thyroid hormone availability.

OP
Saphire

Saphire

The high lp(a) indicates a lot of oxidized lipids, likely due to excess production of ROS somewhere in the body. It could be coming from the gut.
Glucose is a bit elevated, which is now in the pre-diabetic range.
Do you experience hypothyroid symptoms? Despite low free T3, your body thinks it has enough thyroid available, thus the low TSH. T3 could also be so low due to very low rT3. Hemoglobin is very low, which can indicate low iron or just low micronutrients in general. This is common in people that eat a low-protein diet or in those who have gut issues.
Have you tested estrogen? Estrogen increases thyroid binding globulin, which then reduces free thyroid hormone availability.
Yes, I do experience Hypo symptoms a lot. My hair has literally fried where I had to get 6 inches cut off. I also am in constant estrogen dominance.

As far as diet I try and stay around
40g fat
100g Protien
260g Carbogydrates
1800 calories

I go back to the Dr. On the 18th to get review all my blood work, saliva test and ultra sound.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes, I do experience Hypo symptoms a lot. My hair has literally fried where I had to get 6 inches cut off. I also am in constant estrogen dominance.

As far as diet I try and stay around
40g fat
100g Protien
260g Carbogydrates
1800 calories

I go back to the Dr. On the 18th to get review all my blood work, saliva test and ultra sound.
I honestly think 40g fat is too low for optimal hormonal production. 1800 calories as well, but that depends on how active you are.

Do you eat nutrient dense foods, such as organ meat, oysters, etc?

OP
Saphire

Saphire

I honestly think 40g fat is too low for optimal hormonal production. 1800 calories as well, but that depends on how active you are.

Do you eat nutrient dense foods, such as organ meat, oysters, etc?
Due to experiencing adrenal fatigue and having exercise intolerance I am not very active, maybe if I am luck 2-3x wk a 20 min walk.

I eat liver about 6oz once a week, eat fish and shrimp about once a week and I am allergic to oysters.

I am concerned about the pre-diabetes, especially with “Peating”. I am dealing with brain fog and just trying to get everything in order, knowledge wise before seeing the Dr.

OP
Saphire

Saphire

Have you tested estrogen
Received my saliva results back. I did post these under the female issue because I had forgotten about this thread. Below you will see progesterone, estrogen, melatonin & testosterone is all high. NP did ask me to stop my DHEA, progesterone & pregnonelone. She put me on LDN due to high EBV activation & wants to put me on spironlactone (which I am very nervous bout) to lower testosterone. Recommendations on where I should start?

Attachments

• DC099FC3-0C8D-4971-92CA-FC02EB52A6E6.png
    DC099FC3-0C8D-4971-92CA-FC02EB52A6E6.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 15
  • EDCBA0D4-AA80-4223-B695-CD3292C6DA6B.png
    EDCBA0D4-AA80-4223-B695-CD3292C6DA6B.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 15
  • E5D4972D-DAC1-4D41-937C-536063CC7517.jpeg
    E5D4972D-DAC1-4D41-937C-536063CC7517.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 17

Hans

Forum Supporter
Received my saliva results back. I did post these under the female issue because I had forgotten about this thread. Below you will see progesterone, estrogen, melatonin & testosterone is all high. NP did ask me to stop my DHEA, progesterone & pregnonelone. She put me on LDN due to high EBV activation & wants to put me on spironlactone (which I am very nervous bout) to lower testosterone. Recommendations on where I should start?
How much preg, prog and DHEA were you taking?

OP
Saphire

Saphire

How much preg, prog and DHEA were you taking?
75mg pregnonelone
Dhea 10mg
Molecure progesterone 27mg
This is daily

I also take
*400 mg of niacinmide broke up into 3 doses
*Thiamine HCI
*Super K
*Zinc
*Vit d3
*Vit b5
*Vit E
*Magnesium Glycinate

Advocate2021

75mg pregnonelone
Dhea 10mg
This is daily

I also take
*Thiamine HCI
*Super K
*Zinc
*Vit d3
*Vit b5
*Vit E
*Magnesium Glycinate
i dont see thyroid listed - are you taking it? if not seems like your missing piece and dangerous to be taking things like DHEA if you are hypothyroid and not addressing that. Pulse and temperature?

Advocate2021

i dont see thyroid listed - are you taking it? if not seems like your missing piece and dangerous to be taking things like DHEA if you are hypothyroid and not addressing that. Pulse and temperature?
In the absence of adequate thyroid function, taking all those extra steroids can easily convert to estrogen and testosterone- i think that explains why they are too high. you are pumping yourself with things further down the chain and not correcting from the foundation. dr. Peat has always said even with progesterone supplementation that it can be a quick fix in a crisis but the longterm solution is optimizing thyroid which will result in more optimal progesterone production.

OP
Saphire

Saphire

Yes I take 45 mg of NP Thyroid and 25 mg of cytomel daily

Advocate2021

NP thyroid i dont think is the best. Dr. peat recommends cynoplus or novotiral. What are your pulse and temperature readings upon rising, 30 min after breakfast and at 3 pm? if you dont know you need to get those readings for a couple of days and will be very informative as to what is going on.

Hans

Forum Supporter
75mg pregnonelone
Dhea 10mg
This is daily

I also take
*Thiamine HCI
*Super K
*Zinc
*Vit d3
*Vit b5
*Vit E
*Magnesium Glycinate
You can likely get away with much smaller doses. Perhaps you can stop all the hormonal supps and retest after 2-4 weeks to see where you're at and if you need to pro-hormones even. Maybe as low as 10mg preg and 1-5mg prog should be good enough. Drop the DHEA, that's spike your T that high. No need for a drug to lower T. if your doc is concerned about the T, do a serum test of total T and DHT, not just salivary T.

OP
Saphire

Saphire

@Hans & @Advocate2021

Since this last posting things have unfortunately gotten worse. Long story short, we did find a parasite that was treated in my gut. Although my hair has gotten better, my food tolerance has not. I cannot tolerate fruit nor dairy. I haven’t been able to tolerate dairy for over a year now. The fruit issue just started 4 wks ago. I have gained weight…again. Low adrenals keep me from exercising and I am at the point of not knowing what to eat now as well as frustrated with the weight gain.

I haven’t gotten my hormone test back yet. But will post thyroid testing. Both are recent. Since this last thread I did stop pregnonelone and DHEA, still on 45mg progesterone daily which has helped with estrogen dominance.

I haven’t recently, however, in June I tested my temps,
Waking - 97.4

30 mins After breakfast - 97.9, pulse 87.
This is all I recorded but I know I took the temp through out my day. Will need to revisit this area again.

Appreciate any feed back, especially when it comes to the gut. I really feel my gut is not in a healthy state.
IMG_1223.png
IMG_1222.png
IMG_1221.png

OP
Saphire

Saphire

@Hans & @Advocate2021

Since this last posting things have unfortunately gotten worse. Long story short, we did find a parasite that was treated in my gut. Although my hair has gotten better, my food tolerance has not. I cannot tolerate fruit nor dairy. I haven’t been able to tartare dairy for over a year now. The fruit issue just started 4 wks ago. I have gained weight…again. Low adrenals keep me from exercising and I am at the point of not knowing what to eat now.

I haven’t gotten my hormone test back yet. But will post thyroid testing. Since this last thread I did get off all supplements except progesterone which helped with estrogen dominance.

youngsinatra

The T3 in either NDT or T3 products quickly suppresses the TSH after its administered and often leads to a lower TSH even though the free T4 and free T3 are normal or even low.

People who achieve the euthyroid state often get a suppressed TSH from using NDT or T3 containing thyroid product.

Taking primarily-T3 makes thyroid labs very messy and hard to interpret imo. You might need more thyroid even though your TSH makes it seem that you have enough. I personally would consider titrating up the NDT and excluding the isolated T3 for a while. T4 is more stabilizing in my experience.

But you do you. Just my thoughts and definitely not medical advice. :)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom