L-Tyrosine

DaveFoster

Glycine for sleep, taurine for relaxation, and lysine for anxiety relief; these are all viable options.

What about l-tyrosine for stimulation? It increases dopamine; so much so that the military used it to promote wakefulness.

Has anyone tried supplementing l-tyrosine for energy? Are there any problems with doing so?

Stryker

Ive tried NALT , L-Tyrosine and phenylalanine combined and seperate , small and large doses

NALT 750mg and Phenylalanine 2.5 grams first thing in the morning on and empty stomach is the way to go.

Its not like some super noticable effect like dexamphetamine , just a subtle increase in motivation. For me it makes it easier to do mundane tasks but doesnt exactly increase my enjoyment in anything but like everything else gotta try it out for yourself before you make a judgement on it.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Ive tried NALT , L-Tyrosine and phenylalanine combined and seperate , small and large doses

NALT 750mg and Phenylalanine 2.5 grams first thing in the morning on and empty stomach is the way to go.

Its not like some super noticable effect like dexamphetamine , just a subtle increase in motivation. For me it makes it easier to do mundane tasks but doesnt exactly increase my enjoyment in anything but like everything else gotta try it out for yourself before you make a judgement on it.
Impressive. How long does the effect last?

Jsaute21

@Stryker when you say dexamphetamine, are you talking about adderall or dexamphetamine sulfate? Also, how often did you use this, and how was your experience?

sladerunner69

Glycine for sleep, taurine for relaxation, and lysine for anxiety relief; these are all viable options.

What about l-tyrosine for stimulation? It increases dopamine; so much so that the military used it to promote wakefulness.

Has anyone tried supplementing l-tyrosine for energy? Are there any problems with doing so?

I believe the shortcoming of l-tyrosine is that it lowers gaba

sladerunner69

Where do you aquire that much NALT

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

sladerunner69

It also triggers psychosis in some people, probably due to that effect.

I was hospitalized during a "psychotic episode" after drinking a pot of coffee late one night sortly after crashing on finasteride. Finasteride causes low gaba, as does caffiene. So yes, I believe that. It is an awful, strange feeling indeed.

Stryker

@Stryker when you say dexamphetamine, are you talking about adderall or dexamphetamine sulfate? Also, how often did you use this, and how was your experience?
extended release dexamphetamine , ive used it maybe 20-30 times in the last 4 years.

experience was..
Positives:
super sharp eagle eye vision
ability to talk to anyone
confidence in completeing any task successfully
greatly improved strength
appreciation for music increased and i could focus in on the different layers and instruments hearing parts i had not heared before
irritation dissapears
instant loss of the "saggy" feeling beneath your skin like the water gets sucked out.. veins are prominent air feels crisp
easier to breathe
things smell better

Negatives:
hard to piss
after about 8 hours the motivation is still there but i start to get irritated if im not stimulating myself constantly

TeslaFan

I tried Tyrosine, and it has some cool effects, but I don't feel it scales for long term usage.
Phenylalanine seems better, for the following reasons:

1. There is a rate-limiting step in Phenylalanine -> Tyrosine conversion, thus providing more constant and safer release of dopamine.
2. This step is done via one of AAAH enzymes, which also includes tryptophan-5-hydroxylase; thus added Phenylalanine will likely slow down Trypthophan -> Serotonin conversion.
3. Phenylalanine is a precursor to additional phenethylamines that cannot be created from Tyrosine.

Jsaute21

Interesting @Stryker. Have you taken adderall? I am wondering how similar the effects are to it both chemically and mentally?

Stryker

Interesting @Stryker. Have you taken adderall? I am wondering how similar the effects are to it both chemically and mentally?
adderall is 25% Levoamphetamine and 75% dexamphetamine.

i think the levoamphetamine is more peripheral in effect.. like comparing theobromine and caffeine i guess.

i have not tried adderall so cannot comment on experience.

in response to your other question the dex i used was just generic dexamphetamine SR produced by a chemist

REOSIRENS

Tyrosine seems increasing dopamine only with help of copper catalase and progesterone... But if you are deficient of tyrosine or hypothyroid plain tyrosine empty stomach seems good and fine to give some boost... Tyrosine with coffee is very good it gives a good high but makes you crash fast as well