L-Tyrosine Causing Paranoia? A Bit Concerned

hey all I am writing to see if anyone else has experienced this and what measures you took because it’s a bit worrisome to me due to the fact I’ve had a psychotic episode before when I was younger induced from marijuana. I get a similar effect from coffee but it’s like 1/100 of the effect of a psychois. It’s like a low grade paranoia sometimes.

What my concern is is that I took 500mg ltyrosine and am expericing paranoia / being frantic and it feels like 1/4 of my psychotic episode.

I’ve taken ltyrosine before and this was before I took bromo / lisuride / metergoline. I’m kinda worried that I may have messed up something by flooding my dopamine receptors or accelerated something and am wondering on what options / opinions to do from this point ?

My goal is to return to a level where I can take and enjoy the effects of ltyrosine without having a paranoid effect.

InChristAlone

Is it worth the risk of a possible episode again? What benefits do you get from tyrosine? It definitely increases adrenaline. And if you are heading in to winter where you live it's likely that's all you will get from it in the time of the year with low sunlight.

opethfeldt

I believe tyrosine lowers GABA, which can cause issues if your GABA levels are low ish to begin with.

magnesiumania

I usually dont notice anything from 500mg but on a gram i was kinda flighty...Best to take with lots of Taurine.

redsun

hey all I am writing to see if anyone else has experienced this and what measures you took because it’s a bit worrisome to me due to the fact I’ve had a psychotic episode before when I was younger induced from marijuana. I get a similar effect from coffee but it’s like 1/100 of the effect of a psychois. It’s like a low grade paranoia sometimes.

What my concern is is that I took 500mg ltyrosine and am expericing paranoia / being frantic and it feels like 1/4 of my psychotic episode.

I’ve taken ltyrosine before and this was before I took bromo / lisuride / metergoline. I’m kinda worried that I may have messed up something by flooding my dopamine receptors or accelerated something and am wondering on what options / opinions to do from this point ?

My goal is to return to a level where I can take and enjoy the effects of ltyrosine without having a paranoid effect.

If you are getting psychological symptoms at 500mg L-tyrosine dose, you already have high catecholamines, noradrenaline being the big one exacerbating paranoia.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
J

jb116

You need sunlight to keep tyrosine down the dopamine pathway. It's already a gamble using isolated aminos, and some need certain conditions to work optimally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals