L Tyrosine Causes Sunburn?

dq139

hey guys, Ive been taking tyrosine to battle the brain fog Ive been having, I always thought that it also helps with melanin production and tanning also. I'm a landscape designer so I work outside and I have light olive skin so I usually tan very easy and don't burn. today was only 55 degrees and sunny and I took 2gs of tyrosine along with 2gs of glycine and stayed outside for 6 hours in and out of the shade. and I felt great mood wise, but when I got home I got a painfull bright red burn on my neck and face almost like a lobster. I'm looking to see if it was tyrosine or glycine because this is by far 1 of the worst burns I can remember getting in my life. I know its not genes cause like I said I'm not really fair skinned at all. what do you guys think?

Tim Lundeen

Why take such high doses? You can take much lower doses to nudge things in the right way.

I'm taking lower dose tyrosine (100mg 3x/day) and it does help with dopamine, haven't noticed any effect on sunburn -- was at the beach yesterday for 2 hours, no sunscreen, no problem (but am taking 150IU VitE/day, and apply VitE liberally to face 1x/day followed by a near-IR session, and I did apply VitE/IR after the beach).

Also, for sunburn, apply Vit E cream to skin, extremely effective. It also helps to take internally.

milk_lover

Does it have silica in the ingredients? I remember I had a similar experience because I went out for the sun because light converts tyrosine to dopamine when the light hits your retina but obviously it was un-wise decision. Since I didn't use a pure supplement, I can't tell wether my sun experience burn was due to the fillers (the one I tried has silica) or the tyrosine.

ddjd

whenever i take tyrosine and get sunshine my tan goes sooo brown!! it definitely does something