1. SALE EXTENDED!!! Thanksgiving Sale 10% Off LifeGivingStore.com Till Monday December 9th @ Midnight With Coupon Code: THANKS2019
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

L-Theanine MYSTERIOUS Effects On Libido

Discussion in 'Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs' started by Lokzo, Dec 16, 2017.

1. nomoreketones

nomoreketones Member

Just found this thread. It's been a couple years since I tried it but L-Theanine had a negative effect on my boners too. Green tea had a negative effect too. I didn't record dosages so I can't provide that here.

2. OP
    Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath
    Wow, another guy affected. We still don't understand the mechanism of action. I'm waiting for more research papers. Is it possible the 5-HT1a receptor was involved?!

3. Beefcake

Beefcake Member

I think if it’s really adrenaline blocking it might be the cause. I thought a certain degree of adrenaline is needed for arousal as in arousal increases heart rate a little. Without this type of arousal you’re just chill and dont really get any response.

4. OP
    Lokzo

Lokzo Member

Naturopath

Hmmm maybe this is the rebound that I crave when Cyproheptadine wears off?!

5. BigChad

BigChad Member

what are your thoughts on this then? I was thinking of doing sports research 200mg of suntheanine just 3 days a week. I was also going to add in taurine, olive leaf extract and ashwaganda.

6. BigChad

BigChad Member

wikipedia says theanine raises serotonin, dopamine, glycine and gaba. it seems to vary individually, and maybe by dosage/diet, whether it raises or lowers serotonin. i got some suntheanine but idk if its worth trying now.

7. Mito

Mito Member

8. Inaut

Inaut Member

I’m blaming theanine for weak erections and weaker libido. For me, if I’m going to a social event, it’s great but doesn’t help for closing “deals”..

I think this one is staying on the shelf

9. BigChad

BigChad Member

What dosage regimen were you using. What mechanisms behind theanine would cause this

10. Inaut

Inaut Member

200-500mg once daily. I’ve taken it shortly before (an hour or two before intimacy) and have found that I don’t perform optimally during the course of the night. My last two engagements start off sup par. It’s only into the next morning that things start working again. Erections aren’t as full and it’s harder to maintain as well.

11. BigChad

BigChad Member

200mg is the max dose per day, i thought. I was thinking of doing 200mg suntheanine 3x a week but not sure

12. Inaut

Inaut Member

I think theanine is good for social outings or stressful events eg. exams; public speaking etc. I’m just going to avoid taking it on days when I know I’m going to be intimate.

13. BigChad

BigChad Member

Did you note improved digestion, anti histamine benefits. Supposedly its anti histamine and reduces gut serotonin

14. GreekDemiGod

GreekDemiGod Member

If I am getting reduced hypersexual response from peating in-general, what would you suggest I take / adopt?
    The problem is that GABA-agonists also leave me low eenrgy, and I'struggling with energy.

I have both anxiety and low energy. What should I take to feel both energetic & relaxed?

15. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Writer
    I can't give medical advice, and that's a difficult question to answer. Hypothyroidism tends to increase anxiety and also symptoms of fatigue, bringing about a state of paralysis. Supplementing thyroid hormone would correct the deficiency, but some combinations of stimulants and depressants might have overlapping effects: progesterone in vitamin E administered together with sugared coffee, for instance. Higher dosages of aspirin have effects resembling that of low-dose fluoxetine (Prozac).