L-lysine Causing Cold Hands

mangoes

I'm certain it's the lysine. It's pretty much immediate and has happened the past 3 days now. It's pure lysine aswell. Any ideas why this might be happening? I do have circulation/vascular issues anyway. I'm pretty sure it's acting as a vasoconstrictor but I dunno why. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Parsifal

I think some people reported that Lysine increases cortisol? Not sure though.

milk_lover

I think some people reported that Lysine increases cortisol? Not sure though.
I read a study a few months ago that actually shows that lysine lowers cortisol (mostly in men). It makes sense because lysine decreases serotonin, and Peat mentioned on his website that serotonin increases ACTH and cortisol secretion. Also, another study talks about the combo of lysine and arginine being effective against anxiety and cortisol (Oral treatment with L-lysine and L-arginine reduces anxiety and basal cortisol levels in healthy humans. - PubMed - NCBI). Of course arginine is not recommended in Peat world because it increases nitric oxide (NO). Arginine also in another study (Hormonal response to L-arginine supplementation in physically active individuals. - PubMed - NCBI) has no significant effect on cortisol, so maybe the decrease of cortisol from that combo is due to lysine alone.

@Jonoh maybe lysine is reducing your NO and NO is known for causing vasodilation? Are you running on stress hormones? Maybe lysine is lowering your stress and with compromised metabolism you get cold hands?

Parsifal

Yeah that must be that. You don't produce enough carbon dioxyde to replace NO.

natedawggh

I'm certain it's the lysine. It's pretty much immediate and has happened the past 3 days now. It's pure lysine aswell. Any ideas why this might be happening? I do have circulation/vascular issues anyway. I'm pretty sure it's acting as a vasoconstrictor but I dunno why. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Lysine interrupts a lot of backup stress responses. If you don't have the ability to increase thyroid while using lysine, such as with thyroid hormone, you might experience a decrease in heat and energy. I noticed this with my own use but I had Cytomel to increase thyroid. If you don't have thyroid medication try using aspirin, sugar, coffee, niacinamide, and food to increase heat while using lysine. It would also help to manually raise body temp by visiting a spa or sauna, and I find it helpful if doing that to increase protein intake before and after to make the most of the free heat.

OP
M

mangoes

Thanks a lot everyone, I understand it now. Im pretty sure I do run on stress hormones so it makes sense. I'm gonna try a lower dose, upping my sugar intake and manually increasing temp like you suggested @natedawggh and see how it goes. Thanks again

johnwester130

Lysine is one damm powerful supplement

I've decided to stop it after 2 years of continual use. I now notice the negative effects, it lowers stress too much and my body is not healthy enough to warm me up again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals