L-Lysine And Libido

max219

Hi, I know that L-Lysine lowers nitric acid. I began taking it for some canker sores that I have. I took a high dose for 2 days , probably 3-4k mg each day. Last night on the second day I took it, I had sex but had trouble staying erect and getting erect. I also had a hard time ejaculating. My question is , if this is nitric acid related , how long upon ceaseastion of L-Lysine will my erections become normal?

To explain how I felt , I was horny and excited but my penis just wouldn't get hard.

DavePalumbo

Glutamate plays a large role in libido and l-lysine ineracts with glutamate. That could be one explanation.

johnwester130

it is a very questionable supplement.

i took it for a whole year, and stopped. it eventually started giving me cold hands and feet.

Lucenzo01

If you take Lysine you must take Vitamin C. The same thing with glycine. Both of those used to give me problems til I increased my C dosage. Currently at 3grams/day of Vitamin C and feeling better.

Frankdee20

If you take Lysine you must take Vitamin C. The same thing with glycine. Both of those used to give me problems til I increased my C dosage. Currently at 3grams/day of Vitamin C and feeling better.

Can you technically explain the need for increased Vitamin C with Glycine or Lysine ?

Lucenzo01

Can you technically explain the need for increased Vitamin C with Glycine or Lysine ?

Lysine and glycine bind to Lp (a) and remove it. Lp (a) it's used in a shortage of collagen as a emergency mechanism. Removing it without increasing collagen production (that requires huge amounts of glycine, proline and Vitamin C) can be quite dangerous because you are removing the emergency system and replacing it with...nothing.

Frankdee20

Lysine and glycine bind to Lp (a) and remove it. Lp (a) it's used in a shortage of collagen as a emergency mechanism. Removing it without increasing collagen production (that requires huge amounts of glycine, proline and Vitamin C) can be quite dangerous because you are removing the emergency system and replacing it with...nothing.

I suppose this applies to me since I'm using Glycinate form of Magnesium

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals