L-Histidine Makes Me Feel Like SUPERMAN

lampofred

Histamine is basically exactly correlated with estrogen. That's why anti-histamines are powerfully anti-estrogenic. Peat has written that estrogen acts like cocaine in the brain, that's probably behind histamine's "wakefulness" effect. Increasing histamine is basically 180 degree opposite of all of Peat's work. I think dopamine agonists are much safer for mood boosting.

hei

Just wondering why OP would notice these effects from supplementation when it's likely that the food he eats has more than he was taking? I don't know what he was eating when he posted this but milk has about 1 gram per litre and meat has a lot too, so I wonder why 0.4mg or even 2 grams would have such an effect when he might be getting 3-5 grams from his diet.
There have been threads about lysine too and I wondered the same thing, it's easy to get 10 grams from food but people get effects from supplementing a gram of it or something like that.

redsun

Just wondering why OP would notice these effects from supplementation when it's likely that the food he eats has more than he was taking? I don't know what he was eating when he posted this but milk has about 1 gram per litre and meat has a lot too, so I wonder why 0.4mg or even 2 grams would have such an effect when he might be getting 3-5 grams from his diet.
There have been threads about lysine too and I wondered the same thing, it's easy to get 10 grams from food but people get effects from supplementing a gram of it or something like that.

Because histidine competes for other amino acids for entry into the brain. When you take more of by itself, less competition and thus more histidine into the brain (which will turn into histamine).

Any updates guys? Any clue what tf happens with histidine? Lol
If you take it, it will increase histamine synthesis since it is the precursor thus more histamine effect on its receptors. Excess amounts of histidine does deplete zinc quickly but also copper to a degree. However it will improve stomach acid secretion, cognition, libido, indirectly increase dopamine, etc.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Because histidine competes for other amino acids for entry into the brain. When you take more of by itself, less competition and thus more histidine into the brain (which will turn into histamine).

If you take it, it will increase histamine synthesis since it is the precursor thus more histamine effect on its receptors. Excess amounts of histidine does deplete zinc quickly but also copper to a degree. However it will improve stomach acid secretion, cognition, libido, indirectly increase dopamine, etc.

Well summarised brother.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I started using L-Histidine in even bigger dosages recently and forgot how good it was.

Mental clarity, energy, strength.

Ticks all the boxes for me.

I'll be doing the best video on the internet talking about L-Histidine... stay tuned fam!

khan

I started using L-Histidine in even bigger dosages recently and forgot how good it was.

I'll be doing the best video on the internet talking about L-Histidine... stay tuned fam!
Which brand you are using?

laleto12

Can L-histidine Monohydrochloride Monohydrate from Merck be used for this? It's the only that I can find.

Nebula

Do you find that histidine depletes your zinc levels? In very small amounts (about 100mg) I feel it greatly increases zinc utilization but higher than that it severely and quickly depletes zinc and maybe copper.

Whataboutbob

something I had on file from years ago..

Janet stone Loveland Colorado 2006

I have posted about this several times...taking histidine literally gave me my life back. I still have to take it every day to keep down the allergic responses (food, pollen, chemicals, etc) but the amount I take varies according to my total load.
The two brands I prefer are Montiff and Jo-Mar. You can find both on the internet. If you take histidine you do need about 15-20mg zinc for every 500mg of histidine.
Eddie, while high histamine can be a problem, especially in certain types of mental illness, there's a paradoxical effect in that the higher your blood levels of histidine, the slower the mast cells are to release histamines. For the conversion to take place it also requires zinc and B6, so for that reason I suggest that people keep their zinc levels adequate, but not high and avoid the histidine supplements that include B6 unless they are trying to use it to increase histamines (this is another topic, but it affects sexual function).
I have been using histidine for about 15 years now and even wrote a paper on it for my sports nutrition certification. It's an amazingly overlooked amino acid...many of my clients with IBS improved dramatically, too, since it decreases cytokine production in the intestines and increases calcium absorption which slows smooth muscle contraction.
I was really scared to try histidine years ago because my histamine levels were so high I would get internal hives from most foods and I had many of the symptoms of histidelia that you shared. If I was even in the same room with a strawberry I could get hives and my hay fever was so bad I couldn't drive because I would sneeze so many times in a row!
I had severe IBS and had to carry a change of clothes with me in case of an accident. Those with IBS know what I mean - it's a horrible way to live.
But probably the worst of all was the chemical sensitivities. I seldom left my home, my children couldn't even invite friends over because I'd react to the fragrances on their clothes, and I had what back then was referred to as environmental illness.
I first read about histidine being used to treat allergies in a book on amino acids written by a British doctor. He described the paradoxical reaction and I decided to give it a try.
It all went away once I started taking histidine. But even now, if I miss a few days' doses all those symptoms start returning. I have spoken to many researchers about it, and in my case it seemed to be a problem of too much free zinc in my system (histidine chelates zinc) causing the constant release of histamines.
The other bonus benefit was that my sensitivity to the mercury in my fillings disappeared. I had sores on my tongue where it touched back fillings and dentists were afraid to remove the fillings since I had such an awful reaction to them just scraping the surface. I have since had several filling removed with no reaction. Histidine has a strong affinity as a chelator for several metals including zinc, nickel and mercury.
One other very important factor in the high histamine picture is dietary oils. Certain chains of fatty acids contribute to the formation of prostaglandins. In my case I was making too much PGE1 which is anti-inflammatory in smaller amounts, but can cause allergic reactions at higher levels. By experimenting with oils in my diet I found that sunflower oil was the best for me - it didn't increase smooth muscle contraction (related to both IBS and mast cell release) but it had enough of the good fatty acids to keep me healthy. Even now just a small amount of olive oil will cause me to have heightened food sensitivities and abdominal/uterine/bladder cramping.
It has taken me years of experimenting and research to find all these correlations, and if I hadn't contracted West Nile I would be living quite a normal life. Actually the histidine probably helped save my life when I had encephalitis because it definitely decreased the brain swelling.
Let me know if you try it -
I was working with a prominent prostaglandin researcher at the time and don't even remember all the tests, but labs can measure zinc in red blood cells, plasma, serum, and urine and I think there is a test for bound versus free zinc (probably involving metallothionein).
When I take zinc my immune system goes nuts - severe pain, hives, diarrhea, hayfever, brain swelling, etc. But if I take it along with histidine I'm okay, so we were sure that I didn't have enough histidine to help with metallothionein formation and the free zinc caused the reactions.
On the other hand, not getting enough zinc while on histidine can cause constipation, stuffy nose and a greater susceptibility to bacterial infections and viruses, so it is very important to get some zinc every day along with histidine.
Jan

Whataboutbob

Last edited:

Foggiato

I have posted about this several times...taking histidine literally gave me my life back. I still have to take it every day to keep down the allergic responses (food, pollen, chemicals, etc) but the amount I take varies according to my total load.
The two brands I prefer are Montiff and Jo-Mar. You can find both on the internet. If you take histidine you do need about 15-20mg zinc for every 500mg of histidine.
Eddie, while high histamine can be a problem, especially in certain types of mental illness, there's a paradoxical effect in that the higher your blood levels of histidine, the slower the mast cells are to release histamines. For the conversion to take place it also requires zinc and B6, so for that reason I suggest that people keep their zinc levels adequate, but not high and avoid the histidine supplements that include B6 unless they are trying to use it to increase histamines (this is another topic, but it affects sexual function).
I have been using histidine for about 15 years now and even wrote a paper on it for my sports nutrition certification. It's an amazingly overlooked amino acid...many of my clients with IBS improved dramatically, too, since it decreases cytokine production in the intestines and increases calcium absorption which slows smooth muscle contraction.
I was really scared to try histidine years ago because my histamine levels were so high I would get internal hives from most foods and I had many of the symptoms of histidelia that you shared. If I was even in the same room with a strawberry I could get hives and my hay fever was so bad I couldn't drive because I would sneeze so many times in a row!
I had severe IBS and had to carry a change of clothes with me in case of an accident. Those with IBS know what I mean - it's a horrible way to live.
But probably the worst of all was the chemical sensitivities. I seldom left my home, my children couldn't even invite friends over because I'd react to the fragrances on their clothes, and I had what back then was referred to as environmental illness.
I first read about histidine being used to treat allergies in a book on amino acids written by a British doctor. He described the paradoxical reaction and I decided to give it a try.
It all went away once I started taking histidine. But even now, if I miss a few days' doses all those symptoms start returning. I have spoken to many researchers about it, and in my case it seemed to be a problem of too much free zinc in my system (histidine chelates zinc) causing the constant release of histamines.
The other bonus benefit was that my sensitivity to the mercury in my fillings disappeared. I had sores on my tongue where it touched back fillings and dentists were afraid to remove the fillings since I had such an awful reaction to them just scraping the surface. I have since had several filling removed with no reaction. Histidine has a strong affinity as a chelator for several metals including zinc, nickel and mercury.
One other very important factor in the high histamine picture is dietary oils. Certain chains of fatty acids contribute to the formation of prostaglandins. In my case I was making too much PGE1 which is anti-inflammatory in smaller amounts, but can cause allergic reactions at higher levels. By experimenting with oils in my diet I found that sunflower oil was the best for me - it didn't increase smooth muscle contraction (related to both IBS and mast cell release) but it had enough of the good fatty acids to keep me healthy. Even now just a small amount of olive oil will cause me to have heightened food sensitivities and abdominal/uterine/bladder cramping.
It has taken me years of experimenting and research to find all these correlations, and if I hadn't contracted West Nile I would be living quite a normal life. Actually the histidine probably helped save my life when I had encephalitis because it definitely decreased the brain swelling.
I was working with a prominent prostaglandin researcher at the time and don't even remember all the tests, but labs can measure zinc in red blood cells, plasma, serum, and urine and I think there is a test for bound versus free zinc (probably involving metallothionein).
When I take zinc my immune system goes nuts - severe pain, hives, diarrhea, hayfever, brain swelling, etc. But if I take it along with histidine I'm okay, so we were sure that I didn't have enough histidine to help with metallothionein formation and the free zinc caused the reactions.
On the other hand, not getting enough zinc while on histidine can cause constipation, stuffy nose and a greater susceptibility to bacterial infections and viruses, so it is very important to get some zinc every day along with histidine.
Jan
Hi

Jan
Hi Whataboutbob!
It seems you are pretty knowledgeable about histidine!
Can you give me a light , I took it on January and honestly I felt my sex department completed disconnected from my body , for like more than 3 weeks, and I'm still scared of that.
I'm 45, and I have never had that filling before , completed death. What could had happened? Thanks anyway!

Stan

@Lokzo Hey king of placebo, how's l-histidine treating you now? Bet it's not doing ***t anymore just like everything else you claimed was gods gift.

A.R

Hi

Hi Whataboutbob!
It seems you are pretty knowledgeable about histidine!
Can you give me a light , I took it on January and honestly I felt my sex department completed disconnected from my body , for like more than 3 weeks, and I'm still scared of that.
I'm 45, and I have never had that filling before , completed death. What could had happened? Thanks anyway!
Have your symptoms improved from bad effects of histidine?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom