Kuinone now available in organic olive oil base

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I understand this is somewhat unrelated but how much plastic is leaching with your products? I'm especially concerned with the DMSO preparations. My understanding is that oil can be a concerning medium for plastic. Ever thought of small glass amber dropper bottles?
The last time we checked, there were no leechables from the bottles into the liquid and that was back when we were still using DMSO for many of the products.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello @haidut ,

Are you going to offer your hormone products in olive oil as well?

There is noting special about olive oil when used as solvent. We did it for vitamin K as that is what the Thorne product was using and people are familiar with that. Other oils work fine too. The steroid products like Pansterone, androsterone, CortiNon, AlloP, etc already offer an option with tocopherol/oil as a solvent and the oil for them is actually more stable than olive oil.

Matestube

There is noting special about olive oil when used as solvent. We did it for vitamin K as that is what the Thorne product was using and people are familiar with that. Other oils work fine too. The steroid products like Pansterone, androsterone, CortiNon, AlloP, etc already offer an option with tocopherol/oil as a solvent and the oil for them is actually more stable than olive oil.

Got you.
I had read on a transdermal online recipe from a pharmacy that they favored olive oil as a solvent for testosterone base.

Which oil would you say is best?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Got you.
I had read on a transdermal online recipe from a pharmacy that they favored olive oil as a solvent for testosterone base.

Which oil would you say is best?

Well, I favor SFA oils due to stability and metabolic effects and also because studies show that the absorption with them is at least as good as with olive oil. If a given pharmacy favors a specific oil is it almost always due to multiple reasons and not just absorption rate. Price, availability, ease of use as a solvent, stability, etc all play a role so if a specific pharmacy likes olive oil they probably have a combination of those reasons and there is nothing wrong with their choice, but there are other options that are at least a good.

Matestube

Well, I favor SFA oils due to stability and metabolic effects and also because studies show that the absorption with them is at least as good as with olive oil. If a given pharmacy favors a specific oil is it almost always due to multiple reasons and not just absorption rate. Price, availability, ease of use as a solvent, stability, etc all play a role so if a specific pharmacy likes olive oil they probably have a combination of those reasons and there is nothing wrong with their choice, but there are other options that are at least a good.

Thank you.
I was even thinking about using melted butter if it wasn't for the expiry date issue.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
If it absorbs well it would seem to be a great product. I've been using D3/K2 cream with a bit of Mg in it. Some reviewers have indicated that their low levels in one or the other had improved with use, so topical creme it seems to be a viable delivery. The creme I have turns out to hyaluronic acid, which I didn't know at first, so I was surprised how young I was looking from the creme and thought I was getting vitamin magic

Coconut shouldn't irritate the intestine if one is accustomed to it and/or not in a poor gut state. I've always been inclined to seen MCT oil as something hawked by lifestyle podcasters, so overpriced and likely inferior to the more whole food form in conventional coconut oil.
What cream are you using that is working so well for skin?

Demyze

Gone through a little over half a bottle, didn't bother my stomach even at a 50 mg oral dose. Great product, gracias

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Gone through a little over half a bottle, didn't bother my stomach even at a 50 mg oral dose. Great product, gracias

Glad to hear it worked well!
Have you used any other vitamin K product in olive oil base - e.g. Thorne's K2 product? If yes, any feedback/comparison between ours and the other(s)?

Demyze

Glad to hear it worked well!
Have you used any other vitamin K product in olive oil base - e.g. Thorne's K2 product? If yes, any feedback/comparison between ours and the other(s)?
I used the thorne product almost 6 six years ago. I'm not sure if its changed, but I dont recall anything memorable about it.

SuperStressed

Is it normal for it to have a nutty taste? wondering if mines gone off @haidut its kind of like peanuts and not great ones but still unsure

Last edited:

cremes

Does this stuff really expire? I have a year old bottle that is pretty much full. I’d hate to toss it.
FDA requires that all bottles are marked as expiring after 12 months. If you kept it in a cool, dry place it is probably fine. Your choice.

scrubolio

Hey Georgi, I like the new organic olive oil option, thanks for making it.

The latest batch that I ordered on Sept of 2022, the consistency of the oil is much thinner than what I had from previous orders. As in its more watery and less "thick". Did the olive oil source change or anything else? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom