Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

Fllora

@haidut hope this is not redundant - are you aware of the study cited here? Very confusing figuring out what to take (ingest) when. Thanks!

A 2015 study (12) looked at absorption in mice to see whether consuming more than one fat soluble vitamin at a time increased or decrease the absorption of the others. The study showed “significant competitive interactions for uptake” between Vitamin D, E, A and K. It seems that the only fat soluble vitamin that did not lose out was Vitamin A when taken with vitamin E.

The recommendation on Consumer Lab is that if you want to benefit from maximum absorption on your Vitamin K that you take it at least 3 hours apart from other fat soluble Vitamins (D, E and A). To learn more about this listen to my interview with ConsumerLab’s CEO, Dr. Tod Cooperman on Calcium Supplements for Osteoporosis.

(12) van Ballegooijen A.J., et al. The Synergistic Interplay between Vitamins D and K for Bone and Cardiovascular Health: A Narrative Review, Int J Endocrinol. 2017; 2017: 7454376, Published online 2017 Sep 12
LInk: Vitamin K2 Dosage for Osteoporosis Treatment

Mauritio

@haidut hope this is not redundant - are you aware of the study cited here? Very confusing figuring out what to take (ingest) when. Thanks!

A 2015 study (12) looked at absorption in mice to see whether consuming more than one fat soluble vitamin at a time increased or decrease the absorption of the others. The study showed “significant competitive interactions for uptake” between Vitamin D, E, A and K. It seems that the only fat soluble vitamin that did not lose out was Vitamin A when taken with vitamin E.

The recommendation on Consumer Lab is that if you want to benefit from maximum absorption on your Vitamin K that you take it at least 3 hours apart from other fat soluble Vitamins (D, E and A). To learn more about this listen to my interview with ConsumerLab’s CEO, Dr. Tod Cooperman on Calcium Supplements for Osteoporosis.

(12) van Ballegooijen A.J., et al. The Synergistic Interplay between Vitamins D and K for Bone and Cardiovascular Health: A Narrative Review, Int J Endocrinol. 2017; 2017: 7454376, Published online 2017 Sep 12
LInk: Vitamin K2 Dosage for Osteoporosis Treatment
Ray talks about it here as well .

View: https://youtu.be/48lV_SEuXqE

Fllora

I wonder how others deal with this - I drink 2% milk through the day, so it's got A,D,E in it. And take my Kuinone in the morning with my cafe au lait, so I am in fact combining K2 with all the other fat solubles, including E. There is no time through the day that I'm not within two or three hours of having drunk milk, so how to not combine at least K2 and E?

cremes

I wonder how others deal with this - I drink 2% milk through the day, so it's got A,D,E in it. And take my Kuinone in the morning with my cafe au lait, so I am in fact combining K2 with all the other fat solubles, including E. There is no time through the day that I'm not within two or three hours of having drunk milk, so how to not combine at least K2 and E?
From what I can tell, the vitamin E in milk products is all-rac-alpha-tocopheryl acetate which is the synthetic form. It's also just the alpha tocopherol and doesn't include any of the other 4 tocopherols or any of the 4 tocotrienols. And it goes without saying that it contains none of the policosanols that a natural vitamin E from wheat germ oil would likely contain.

As such, I wouldn't worry about that E blocking your K2 absorption. It's also a quite small amount in the milk. If you do a few drops of Kuinone, I believe they are 2mg per drop. If doing it topically, it will be absorbed via a different mechanism than the E you drink.

I should point out that these are educated guesses. I don't actually know that the absorption will be unaffected.

Fllora

From what I can tell, the vitamin E in milk products is all-rac-alpha-tocopheryl acetate which is the synthetic form. It's also just the alpha tocopherol and doesn't include any of the other 4 tocopherols or any of the 4 tocotrienols. And it goes without saying that it contains none of the policosanols that a natural vitamin E from wheat germ oil would likely contain.

As such, I wouldn't worry about that E blocking your K2 absorption. It's also a quite small amount in the milk. If you do a few drops of Kuinone, I believe they are 2mg per drop. If doing it topically, it will be absorbed via a different mechanism than the E you drink.

I should point out that these are educated guesses. I don't actually know that the absorption will be unaffected.
Thanks, good to know. . I use it on teeth and gums. I am certainly not looking to their d-mned added ADE for anything beneficial.

Waynish

Is the synthesis process for this public information? I realize most K on the market is created via bacteria - and then some form of purification process... Trying to find the relevant details. Thanks :)

sunny

My rat thinks Kuinone is stronger. She did go through 1 bottle of Thorne first at 45mg/day oral. Then onto topical Kuinone.

Things are definitely moving/shifting around my joints. I could train a little more on the bad elbow tonight. Just couldn't push off the mat with that arm; and people were being respectful of the red tape and not pinning it too hard. Compression in the elbow made me see stars. So painful. But it is way different than thinking it's "ulnar entrapment syndrome." Like it feels like the joint is full of shrapnel now. (which is an improvement). I'm trying to be positive, but this injury really sucks.
Do you think the topical kuinone resolved your bursitis? I have someone dealing with knee bursitis. I don't find much on the forum about bursitis. If it helped you, how much did you apply? How often? Estimate of length of treatment to resolve your bursitis? Thank you for any insight you have.

cremes

Do you think the topical kuinone resolved your bursitis? I have someone dealing with knee bursitis. I don't find much on the forum about bursitis. If it helped you, how much did you apply? How often? Estimate of length of treatment to resolve your bursitis? Thank you for any insight you have.
I have / had bursitis in my right elbow. I believe kuinone helped solve that problem over the course of approximately 2 months. I take 4-6 drops transdermally before bed. A few times a month I double that.

Elbow has never been better.

sunny

I have / had bursitis in my right elbow. I believe kuinone helped solve that problem over the course of approximately 2 months. I take 4-6 drops transdermally before bed. A few times a month I double that.

Thank you for that. We will try it!

Theta

What exactly were your symptoms? So, did you put the Kuinone directly on the effected elbow? I have a nagging pain in a knee and after research sounds like bursitis.

cremes

What exactly were your symptoms? So, did you put the Kuinone directly on the effected elbow? I have a nagging pain in a knee and after research sounds like bursitis.
When leaning on my desk or in the center console in my car I would get a shooting pain in my right elbow. It was very sensitive to pressure at specific angles. I didn’t have any trouble bending my arm or using it normally. It only hurt when I’d lean on it.

It was definitely bursitis. I had it for about 3 years.

I put kuinone on my forearms and back of my hand. I never put it directly on my elbow. As I write this the pain is still gone. It’s been maybe 4 or 5 months now but I don’t recall exactly.

Siddha

@haidut Hello.
I have an almost full bottle of Kuinone (evo), the expiration date was until January. Kept it in the dark. Do you think he's still good?

cremes

@haidut Hello.
I have an almost full bottle of Kuinone (evo), the expiration date was until January. Kept it in the dark. Do you think he's still good?
Yes it’s fine. There is a regulation that requires all bottles to have an expiration date printed on it. Nothing in the bottle oxidizes so it should be fine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals