Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

brix

I think Kuinone was making me gain fat. It was the only supplement I was taking regularly and since dropping it I feel less bloated/fat around my stomach... Anyone else notice this?

P

Peatness

I think Kuinone was making me gain fat. It was the only supplement I was taking regularly and since dropping it I feel less bloated/fat around my stomach... Anyone else notice this?
I'm on my second kuinone bottle and recently wondered the same. So
I looked into it recently and came across this blog

He links mk4 with weight gain and gastritis, in some people.Not everyone gets this reaction

Mk7 on the other hand
I know a lot of people on the forum are not big fans of mk7

I can't say for sure that mk4 is the cause of my weight gain because there are too many other variables such as pregnenolone and lysine use. Somervilles argument is compelling. Personally, In will still use mk4 but have reduced the amount. Mk7 raises my blood pressure and worsens my insomnia. I think how one reacts to the various forms of k2 is partly genetic. Perhaps calcium vit D magnesium etc status might also influence adverse reaction.

P

Peatness

It seems that K2 MK-4 (Thorne K2+D3) is helping me at lowering tinnitus. One drop of it is 200mcg so I use around 10-20 drops (2-4mg) a day on my stomach or around my ears.

But it does give me some shortness of breath, feeling of being tense and inability to relax fully and also some inability to breathe slower (I do that sometimes to increase CO2).

@haidut said that K2 MK-4 can increase CO2 so I'm wondering if the body takes some time to get used to higher amounts CO2 in the body (from K2 MK-4 supplementation) the same way as some sort of adaptation would happen at higher altitudes.

Second question is if ideaLabs ship to Serbia?

Greetings from your neighbor Georgi! :)

EDIT: I only use this product for 6 days so far and I'm writing about my experiences. Some headache and head tensions I've experienced from MK-4 have subsided mostly.

Also after applying it to my ear for the first time in my life I heard some cracking sound in my ears. By using your shared knowledge shared on this forum, It makes me think some calcium is moving or some bone is forming. Do you have any idea?
On the days you take 20 drops you are getting 10000 iu of vitamin d. Perhaps that is increasing the need for magnesium. That could explain shortness of breath and being tense. I get this with high dose vit d.

Gipzy2u

In idealab products is good to get inflammation & serotonin down & raise dopermine for movement Disorder? Please

GeoX

Latest label from Feb 2021

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 93

SuperStressed

On the days you take 20 drops you are getting 10000 iu of vitamin d. Perhaps that is increasing the need for magnesium. That could explain shortness of breath and being tense. I get this with high dose vit d.
I experience this with high Vit D also, though never did get relief from topical mag chloride (and i hate the stickyness)

On high dose Vitamin D ill be in bed just... stimulated feeling like i can't catch my breath, ill lay there tossing and turning all night in the most restless sleep ever, its a weird experience. Maybe ill try haiduits magnesium supplement, its less messy.

serling78

I wouldn't say it makes me gain fat (scale doesn't really change) but it definitely causes bloating and constipation.
If I do 1 drop its manageable with cascara, but if I do 2 or more then even cascara doesn't help.

brix

Tried adding kuinone to my ACV/caffeine topical for hair loss... Don't do it. Immediately caused hair shedding. Havent noticed a single hair falling out in a few months until adding k2 topically.

serling78

Tried adding kuinone to my ACV/caffeine topical for hair loss... Don't do it. Immediately caused hair shedding. Havent noticed a single hair falling out in a few months until adding k2 topically.
I've never applied it topically on my scalp (I'm assuming that's what you meant) but I have noticed hair falling out has increased since I started using it.

Does anyone know why kuinone accelerates or causes hair loss? I apologize if I missed an explanation, but I wasn't able to find one.

Also is it permanent? My hairline was already receding somewhat slowly, but just running my hand through my hair now results in multiple hairs at any given time.

I don't know if the fact kuinone causes digestive issues is in itself the cause of hairloss or if it's something else.

Curious if anyone has tips on using kuinone and "counteracting" for the lack of a better term, the digestive issues. That might be unrealistic but for example when I used to take creatine it cause similar issues and I found that if I took dextrose with it then that solved it.

For what it's worth, I take 1 topical (not on the scalp) drop of kuinone nightly and I also have 200 MG of cascara almost every night as tea.

I've never applied it topically on my scalp (I'm assuming that's what you meant) but I have noticed hair falling out has increased since I started using it.

Does anyone know why kuinone accelerates or causes hair loss? I apologize if I missed an explanation, but I wasn't able to find one.

Also is it permanent? My hairline was already receding somewhat slowly, but just running my hand through my hair now results in multiple hairs at any given time.

I don't know if the fact kuinone causes digestive issues is in itself the cause of hairloss or if it's something else.

Curious if anyone has tips on using kuinone and "counteracting" for the lack of a better term, the digestive issues. That might be unrealistic but for example when I used to take creatine it cause similar issues and I found that if I took dextrose with it then that solved it.

For what it's worth, I take 1 topical (not on the scalp) drop of kuinone nightly and I also have 200 MG of cascara almost every night as tea.
Somebody earlier stated it decreases PGE2 which studies showed is implicated in MPB. My experience been the same / larger doses caused shedding even long term. Nowadays I just 1/2 drops on my belly, although short term large doses orally (10-15 mg) were beneficial, but the effects wear off after a while.

brix

I applied it topically to the scalp twice thinking it would help with decalification (still unsure if that's my problem.) My hair texture feels different from just those two applications.

serling78

Somebody earlier stated it decreases PGE2 which studies showed is implicated in MPB. My experience been the same / larger doses caused shedding even long term. Nowadays I just 1/2 drops on my belly, although short term large doses orally (10-15 mg) were beneficial, but the effects wear off after a while.

Did you see any difference with hair loss when taking kuinone orally? I would imagine it's all the same, but just checking.

I'm feeling pretty frustrated about the side effects. Not just of this but really of most things. Kuinone has helped my libido even at 1 drop daily and I'm sure it would help even more if I was able to take let's say 2 drops daily, but with the hair loss and constipation I don't see how it would be possible.

I also take D3, A, and magnesium as well. Not sure if any of those are contributing. Maybe the D3? But I take tiny doses. 1000 IU per day. So maybe my K2 intake is too high compared to my D3. In the past D3 has resulted in facial burning /redness and reduced libido, which is why I've been taking such small doses.

Did you see any difference with hair loss when taking kuinone orally? I would imagine it's all the same, but just checking.

I'm feeling pretty frustrated about the side effects. Not just of this but really of most things. Kuinone has helped my libido even at 1 drop daily and I'm sure it would help even more if I was able to take let's say 2 drops daily, but with the hair loss and constipation I don't see how it would be possible.

I also take D3, A, and magnesium as well. Not sure if any of those are contributing. Maybe the D3? But I take tiny doses. 1000 IU per day. So maybe my K2 intake is too high compared to my D3. In the past D3 has resulted in facial burning /redness and reduced libido, which is why I've been taking such small doses.
Not sure, probably more, it's hard to tell.

Wolfy

Yes he does world wide shipping as far as I know. Shipping to Hungary took 3 days (DHL Express).
Thanks for the information! Is this the correct site? I was just wondering as OP doesn't seem to mention it in his post:

IdeaLabs Online Store - Cosmetic Raw Ingredients

I am currently taking 15 drops of the Thorne K2 MK4, which equals to 15mg. If I take Kuinone and take about 8 drops (16mg), would this be fine? I am a little unsure whether the potency is different in this formula, and in case taking this many drops could have a negative effect. I have also seen some people mention putting the drops on different parts of their body such as on their stomach. Would your recommend this compared to taking it orally?

Thanks!

Thanks for the information! Is this the correct site? I was just wondering as OP doesn't seem to mention it in his post:

IdeaLabs Online Store - Cosmetic Raw Ingredients

I am currently taking 15 drops of the Thorne K2 MK4, which equals to 15mg. If I take Kuinone and take about 8 drops (16mg), would this be fine? I am a little unsure whether the potency is different in this formula, and in case taking this many drops could have a negative effect. I have also seen some people mention putting the drops on different parts of their body such as on their stomach. Would your recommend this compared to taking it orally?

Thanks!
I used many of his supplements since 2017 and quality was always good. Haven't used Thorne, so can't comment on that, but if the product doesn't have any fillers is always good in my book.

Jon2547

I wrote to Peat about my recent electric sensitivity when I discovered taking aspirin makes it worse. He said that low K can lead to increased sensitivities.

I've been taking 10 drops a day of Thorne K2 to 450 mg aspirin, but I get the increased sensitivity to 100 mg.
I can't take aspirin either due to electric sensitivity. I think the aspirin may do something to the lining of the intestines allowing proteins and/or toxins to enter the blood and then more easily past the blood brain barrier.
If I were to take some aspirin, it would be several days until the bad effects wore off. My fine motor skills would be diminished I would drop things more easily, more clumsy etc.

serling78

I can't take aspirin either due to electric sensitivity. I think the aspirin may do something to the lining of the intestines allowing proteins and/or toxins to enter the blood and then more easily past the blood brain barrier.
If I were to take some aspirin, it would be several days until the bad effects wore off. My fine motor skills would be diminished I would drop things more easily, more clumsy etc.
Interesting. Aspirin just makes me horribly flushed. I can't take it unless I want people to be asking me what's wrong all day long.