Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

golder

I really want to do a few months of high vitamin K2, around 30+mg a day. Would someone share their expertise on what to ensure I keep an eye on whist doing this? What other vitamins/nutrients need to remain high whilst doing this? How much calcium and vitamin D would be wise to have alongside this? Thanks!

Sergey

Guys, do you know how quickly does Kuinone expire? I have a bottle from 2017 which is half full, haven’t used it for a while. Want to start it again, but concerned about the quality - the label has turned bright yellow as if content has leached through the bottle (is it even possible?).

johnsmith

Would ethanol be the best substance to dilute Kuinone with? If I diluted it with an equal amount of ethanol, would it be less effective when applied topically?

GeoX

What is the latest label information? (Can't trust the pictures and first post may not be up to date.)

Serving size.
Servings per container.
Amount of K2 MK4 per serving.

Thanks.

It seems that K2 MK-4 (Thorne K2+D3) is helping me at lowering tinnitus. One drop of it is 200mcg so I use around 10-20 drops (2-4mg) a day on my stomach or around my ears.

But it does give me some shortness of breath, feeling of being tense and inability to relax fully and also some inability to breathe slower (I do that sometimes to increase CO2).

@haidut said that K2 MK-4 can increase CO2 so I'm wondering if the body takes some time to get used to higher amounts CO2 in the body (from K2 MK-4 supplementation) the same way as some sort of adaptation would happen at higher altitudes.

Second question is if ideaLabs ship to Serbia?

Greetings from your neighbor Georgi! :)

EDIT: I only use this product for 6 days so far and I'm writing about my experiences. Some headache and head tensions I've experienced from MK-4 have subsided mostly.

Also after applying it to my ear for the first time in my life I heard some cracking sound in my ears. By using your shared knowledge shared on this forum, It makes me think some calcium is moving or some bone is forming. Do you have any idea?

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is the latest label information? (Can't trust the pictures and first post may not be up to date.)

Serving size.
Servings per container.
Amount of K2 MK4 per serving.

Thanks.

The original post always has the most updated information and, of course, the label after it is received. Each drop is 2mg of MK-4 and there are 750 drops per container.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It seems that K2 MK-4 (Thorne K2+D3) is helping me at lowering tinnitus. One drop of it is 200mcg so I use around 10-20 drops (2-4mg) a day on my stomach or around my ears.

But it does give me some shortness of breath, feeling of being tense and inability to relax fully and also some inability to breathe slower (I do that sometimes to increase CO2).

@haidut said that K2 MK-4 can increase CO2 so I'm wondering if the body takes some time to get used to higher amounts CO2 in the body (from K2 MK-4 supplementation) the same way as some sort of adaptation would happen at higher altitudes.

Second question is if ideaLabs ship to Serbia?

Greetings from your neighbor Georgi! :)

EDIT: I only use this product for 6 days so far and I'm writing about my experiences. Some headache and head tensions I've experienced from MK-4 have subsided mostly.

Also after applying it to my ear for the first time in my life I heard some cracking sound in my ears. By using your shared knowledge shared on this forum, It makes me think some calcium is moving or some bone is forming. Do you have any idea?

Logistical questions should be sent to the company email starting with "info@...".
I have heard similar reports of cracking inside ears and this may be due to decalcification of the Eustachian tubes, which are some of the first (semi)soft tissues to calcify with advancing age.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would ethanol be the best substance to dilute Kuinone with? If I diluted it with an equal amount of ethanol, would it be less effective when applied topically?

You can dilute it with ethanol but it would probably affect its absorption through skin. However, I have tried various versions diluted down to 0.1mg per drop and when placed on the navel as per my recent post, the absorption seems to be not decreased noticeably.

I have heard similar reports of cracking inside ears and this may be due to decalcification of the Eustachian tubes, which are some of the first (semi)soft tissues to calcify with advancing age.
Wow, that is encouraging. Thanks Georgi.

What about the CO2 remark?

Would you say body tension and restlessness would resolve once the body gets used to the elevated CO2 from K2 MK-4?

Would you say that even makes some sense? :)

GeoX

The original post always has the most updated information and, of course, the label after it is received. Each drop is 2mg of MK-4 and there are 750 drops per container.
Thanks Haidut! The original post says 720, rather than 750 and the label is old - no problem. :):

Jam

So, after relieving 99.99% of my arthritic symptoms (lingering chronic joint pains in shoulders, wrist, sciatica and sacroiliac) with lapodin (4x4-5 drops daily), early this week I added Kuinione at 3x3 drops daily, and I am no longer even sore after sitting for too long, and the lower back pain (which I've had since forever) seems completely resolved as well. Haven't felt this good since my early twenties. I have lowered the lapodin dose to 3x3 drops as I think I was getting a bit of a quinone overdose (slight headache yesterday, and I never get headaches.) Great stuff!

High_Prob

Yes, I realize that this is only in vitro. Also, I realize that the amyloid hypothesis for Alzheimer's is losing ground at this point. Still thought it was worth posting for further discussion.

Geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate stimulates γ-secretase to increase the generation of Aβ and APP-CTFγ​

Abstract​

Cleavage of the amyloid precursor protein (APP) by β- and γ-secretases results in the generation of the amyloid-β protein (Aβ), which is characteristically deposited in the brain of Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients. Inhibitors of 3-hydroxy-3-methyl-glutaryl (HMG)-CoA reductase (the statins) reduce the levels of cholesterol and isoprenoids such as geranylgeranyl pyrophosphate (GGPP). Previous studies have demonstrated that cholesterol increases and statins reduce Aβ levels, mostly by regulating β-secretase activity. In this study, we focused on the role of geranylgeranyl isoprenoids GGPP and geranylgeraniol (GGOH), in the regulation of Aβ production. Our data show that the inhibition of GGPP synthesis by statins plays an important role in statin-mediated reduction of Aβ secretion. Consistent with this finding, the geranylgeranyl isoprenoids preferentially increase the yield of Aβ of 42 residues (Aβ42), in a dose-dependent manner. Our studies further demonstrated that geranylgeranyl isoprenoids increase the yield of APP-CTFγ (a.k.a. AICD) as well as Aβ by stimulating γ-secretase mediated cleavage of APP-CTFα and APP-CTFβ in vitro. Furthermore, GGOH increases the levels of the active γ-secretase complex in the detergent insoluble membrane fraction along with its substrates: APP-CTFα and APP-CTFβ. Our results indicate that geranylgeranyl isoprenoids may be an important physiological facilitator of γ-secretase activity that can foster the production of the pathologically important Aβ42.

Jam

So, after relieving 99.99% of my arthritic symptoms (lingering chronic joint pains in shoulders, wrist, sciatica and sacroiliac) with lapodin (4x4-5 drops daily), early this week I added Kuinione at 3x3 drops daily, and I am no longer even sore after sitting for too long, and the lower back pain (which I've had since forever) seems completely resolved as well. Haven't felt this good since my early twenties. I have lowered the lapodin dose to 3x3 drops as I think I was getting a bit of a quinone overdose (slight headache yesterday, and I never get headaches.) Great stuff!
Anti-arthritis effects of vitamin K2 (menaquinone-4) ) a new potential therapeutic strategy for rheumatoid arthritis

Mrdoctorsir22

@moriwatzi can you please help me figure out how to quell the insomnia response to K2? I recall you saying it could potentially occur from promoting transport of hepatic vitamin A. If so how would one counteract that? Does anyone have any advice on mitigating insomnia from K2??

serling78

So kuinone is safe to use orally? I know it's described as for external use only but I've seen a lot of people here saying they take it orally. I inadvertently have been taking it orally myself for about a week because I didn't realize it was meant for external use until I read this thread again.

AndroordnA

So kuinone is safe to use orally? I know it's described as for external use only but I've seen a lot of people here saying they take it orally. I inadvertently have been taking it orally myself for about a week because I didn't realize it was meant for external use until I read this thread again.
I use a couple of drops under the tongue and feel this has worked the best. Haidut cant say to use it internally i think. Suppose it’s like certain other products you purchase from other places that need to say “for research purposes only”

Gipzy2u

I really want to do a few months of high vitamin K2, around 30+mg a day. Would someone share their expertise on what to ensure I keep an eye on whist doing this? What other vitamins/nutrients need to remain high whilst doing this? How much calcium and vitamin D would be wise to have alongside this? Thanks!
Are there any Vit D products here to be bought?