Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

Regina

Don't remember if I shared this before, but long-term use(1+ year) of Kuinone has resulted in the eruption of my wisdom teeth. Not only did they come out, they were in perfect vertical position. I've done x-rays in the past(2019) and it showed my wisdom teeth were buried and in an inclined position, not perfectly positioned.
Amazing! I believe it too.

Foggiato

Don't remember if I shared this before, but long-term use(1+ year) of Kuinone has resulted in the eruption of my wisdom teeth. Not only did they come out, they were in perfect vertical position. I've done x-rays in the past(2019) and it showed my wisdom teeth were buried and in an inclined position, not perfectly positioned.
I can attest that as well, however in my case I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 32, and is growing back since I've been using kuinone and dhea, my only concern is that is pushing all my frontal teeth, And I came back in the same situation when I had it removed. I'm 45 now.

Mossy

After doing some research on your usage, it seems you only used Kuinone topically? Would you say this is accurate?

Foggiato

After doing some research on your usage, it seems you only used Kuinone topically? Would you say this is accurate?
I have used topically and orally
I have used topically and orally, mostly orally in the beginning.

Mauritio

Very interesting.

Waynish

Did you see any difference with hair loss when taking kuinone orally? I would imagine it's all the same, but just checking.

I'm feeling pretty frustrated about the side effects. Not just of this but really of most things. Kuinone has helped my libido even at 1 drop daily and I'm sure it would help even more if I was able to take let's say 2 drops daily, but with the hair loss and constipation I don't see how it would be possible.

I also take D3, A, and magnesium as well. Not sure if any of those are contributing. Maybe the D3? But I take tiny doses. 1000 IU per day. So maybe my K2 intake is too high compared to my D3. In the past D3 has resulted in facial burning /redness and reduced libido, which is why I've been taking such small doses.

I've had the same from it. Peat has said K has antibiotic-like effects, and I've seen shedding with antibiotics as well. Not sure if there is a connection there. Perhaps having to choose between bones and hair (tissue) is revealing of its imbalancing nature, and we should just increase calories to make sure the tissue has enough of whatever it seems to be missing.

Waynish

Is anyone having troubles with this new olive oil formulation?

I got bigtime stomach upset when I used it orally. Topical application resulted in me breaking out in pimples all over the area where i spread it. This hasn't happened when I've used MCT formulations or K2 in capsules. It hasn't happened when I've used the alcohol based Kuinone in the past either.

I have a super sensitive stomach so I'm not exactly a very good weather vane for irritants.
Any updates on this? Planning to order the new Kuinone soon. @gd81 Did you try another vit K supplement on the same area to see the effect? Also, did you try applying some olive oil to your skin to see if you're allergic?

gd81

Any updates on this? Planning to order the new Kuinone soon. @gd81 Did you try another vit K supplement on the same area to see the effect? Also, did you try applying some olive oil to your skin to see if you're allergic?
It keeps happening.

If I rub it on my skin I get pimples on that area. If I take it orally I get stomach upset. It doesn't happen with other liquid vitamin K supplements I've used.

Not impugning Idealabs, I love their products. Maybe I got a bad batch (seems unlikely) or it's just because I'm not in great health so don't react as well as others might. I don't hear others complaining of the same problem.

Waynish

It keeps happening.

If I rub it on my skin I get pimples on that area. If I take it orally I get stomach upset. It doesn't happen with other liquid vitamin K supplements I've used.

Not impugning Idealabs, I love their products. Maybe I got a bad batch (seems unlikely) or it's just because I'm not in great health so don't react as well as others might. I don't hear others complaining of the same problem.
Curious about your reaction to topical olive oil

gd81

Topically? I figured you'd make it explicit if you tested all of the variables... Thanks.
yes topically and orally, i handle EV olive oil fine

I notice somebody in the other threat about the new kuinone formula said they took a 50mg dose at once with no problems.

mevcit

Life Extension has recently released Mega K2, providing 45 mg of menatetrenone in a single small capsule with little amount of filler. It's also super cheap, only $26 for 30 capsules (1350 mg in total), way cheaper than Kuinone, and you have the Life Extension quality assurance. I make my own liquid in an amber or black glass bottle in either MCT oil+mixed tocopherols or extra virgin olive oil. I usually prefer MCT oil as solvent as it is absorbed noticeably faster orally. Life Extension has also released Bone Restore Elite ($31.50), which provides 45 mg of menatetrenone per serving in divided doses along with other bone nutrients/minerals. This might be a better option if you do not prefer to make a liquid preparation.

P

Peatness

Life Extension has recently released Mega K2, providing 45 mg of menatetrenone in a single small capsule with little amount of filler. It's also super cheap, only $26 for 30 capsules (1350 mg in total), way cheaper than Kuinone, and you have the Life Extension quality assurance. I make my own liquid in an amber or black glass bottle in either MCT oil+mixed tocopherols or extra virgin olive oil. I usually prefer MCT oil as solvent as it is absorbed noticeably faster orally. Life Extension has also released Bone Restore Elite ($31.50), which provides 45 mg of menatetrenone per serving in divided doses along with other bone nutrients/minerals. This might be a better option if you do not prefer to make a liquid preparation.
Is this the one? If so this is MK7 and those fillers are not acceptable to most people.

Ingredients​

Vitamin K2 [as menaquinone-4 (45 mg)] 45,000 mcg Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica.

mevcit

Is this the one? If so this is MK7 and those fillers are not acceptable to most people.

Ingredients​

Vitamin K2 [as menaquinone-4 (45 mg)] 45,000 mcg Other ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin (capsule), vegetable stearate, silica.
Yes, this is the ingredient list of Mega K2. As it explicitly says in the ingredients, this is Menaquinone-4 (MK-4, menatetrenone). How come do you claim that this is MK-7? I should normally end my reply here as you cannot even recognize that this is MK-4, but I will still address your other concern regarding the ingredients.

They provide 45 mg of MK-4 in a single and tiny capsule, and the amount of filler is tiny. Microcrystalline cellulose and silica (silicon dioxide) are completely harmless and inert fillers for oral consumption. Moreover, we regularly ingest silica from food and need it for collagen synthesis, bone/joint/hair/skin health. Vegetable stearate is fat-soluble and we consume plenty of stearic acid through diet. Anyone who finds these ingredients unacceptable doesn't know any biology or chemistry.

I would never consume a liquid prepared by a random guy with unknown grades of solvents in a white plastic bottle and labeled as "for external use". That's why I wanted to recommend a quality option at a much cheaper price to those who might be interested.

P

Peatness

Yes, this is the ingredient list of Mega K2. As it explicitly says in the ingredients, this is Menaquinone-4 (MK-4, menatetrenone). How come do you claim that this is MK-7? I should normally end my reply here as you cannot even recognize that this is MK-4, but I will still address your other concern regarding the ingredients.

They provide 45 mg of MK-4 in a single and tiny capsule, and the amount of filler is tiny. Microcrystalline cellulose and silica (silicon dioxide) are completely harmless and inert fillers for oral consumption. Moreover, we regularly ingest silica from food and need it for collagen synthesis, bone/joint/hair/skin health. Vegetable stearate is fat-soluble and we consume plenty of stearic acid through diet. Anyone who finds these ingredients unacceptable doesn't know any biology or chemistry.

I would never consume a liquid prepared by a random guy with unknown grades of solvents in a white plastic bottle and labeled as "for external use". That's why I wanted to recommend a quality option at a much cheaper price to those who might be interested.
My error it is MK4, all the same I'm happy with idealab's Kuinone because I believe even the small amount of silicon dioxide is harmful. That's just me perhaps you have better gut function than me. By the way that random guy has been around here for a long time and I trust him more than I trust life Life Extension but what do I know?

mevcit

My error it is MK4, all the same I'm happy with idealab's Kuinone because I believe even the small amount of silicon dioxide is harmful. That's just me perhaps you have better gut function than me. By the way that random guy has been around here for a long time and I trust him more than I trust life Life Extension but what do I know?
Silicon dioxide is naturally and abundantly present in foods. lol

P

Peatness

Silicon dioxide is naturally and abundantly present in foods. lol

lol