Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

Gone Peating

Happens every time I use it and only at one drop.

It doesn't feel good. It's actually too much and feels very different to the calm confident state of mind I experience when temps, androgens and libido are high.

I feel very weird and irritable with one drop, but feel great with like 7-10 drops orally with fatty food

brix

I feel like k2 has stopped my hair shedding. However also starting to feel like I’m gaining fat. Is that a possible effect of k2?

I'd really like to give this a try but am concerned that since dmso dissolves virtually anything it touches into itself.. wouldn't the plastic bottle be an issue? I want to get the k2 without the plastic xenoestrogens if possible. Would love to see a glass bottle.

johnwester130

I'd really like to give this a try but am concerned that since dmso dissolves virtually anything it touches into itself.. wouldn't the plastic bottle be an issue? I want to get the k2 without the plastic xenoestrogens if possible. Would love to see a glass bottle.

no longer uses DMSO

Steed

Hi All,

I have gone through the info in the thread, but I cannot seem to find info on isomer distribution. Does anyone have a breakdown from Idealabs? Seems to be a trans vs. cis battle.. ))

Mauritio

I must say that kuinone has some beautifying properties. My skin always looks very glowing and healthy reminds me of the look people with high progesterone have . DHEA also has similar effects on me .
I wonder where this comes from , I would guess better liver health .

Btw I wrote about not beeing able to tolerate it 1 or 2 years ago die to anger and anxiety. Now after posting for 2 years i am ! I still take it after work though .
One of the most underrated tools in my opinion!

brix

I must say that kuinone has some beautifying properties. My skin always looks very glowing and healthy reminds me of the look people with high progesterone have . DHEA also has similar effects on me .
I wonder where this comes from , I would guess better liver health .

Btw I wrote about not beeing able to tolerate it 1 or 2 years ago die to anger and anxiety. Now after posting for 2 years i am ! I still take it after work though .
One of the most underrated tools in my opinion!

how many drops per day? Oral?

Mauritio

how many drops per day? Oral?
Just one is enough to see the effects. Remember that normally 1,5 mg is a big dose for vitamin k.

Mauritio

Yes, it takes a lot of time to prep for a new supplement. Osteocalcin is in the works of being procured, which means it is weeks away from release.
What happened to the ostecaclin supplement ??
It has so many great properties and I couldn't find it anywhere else on the internet to buy.

mevcit

I'm 29 years old. I started my K2 journey with menaquinone-7 (MK7) several years ago. After 3-4 weeks of continuous use of MK7 (75 ug daily), I used to experience high blood pressure (the diastolic was high in particular), heart palpitations, severe chest pains and pain in my back. The chest pains were so intense that I thought I was having a heart attack. I also got some nose bleeds. Same things happened whenever I quit and restarted using MK7. One day, I took a single capsule containing 200 ug of MK7 from another brand to make sure that MK7 was causing the problem. Indeed, it quickly made me feel dizzy in the head again and increased my blood pressure. MK7 has relatively longer half life in plasma (a few days), hence 75 ug required some time to build up while 200 ug showed the side effects immediately. When I was sure it was MK7 that was causing it, I trashed all MK7 stuff into the bin.

Last year in December, I decided to use menatetrenone (MK4) and bought the Thorne K2 liquid (1 mg per drop). I put 3 drops under my tongue, my heart immediately (within less than a minute) started pounding. Same thing happened within 30 min when I put 3 drops inside food and swallowed. The effect would last 2-3 hours. Fortunately, MK4 doesn't have long half life in plasma and is absorbed by peripheral tissues quickly. But these were still painful experiences. 2 drops was the maximum dose I was able to tolerate with relatively milder side effects. Later I found out that these harsh effects coincided with the use of a grape seed extract containing oligomeric proanthocyanidins. I had been regularly using grape seed extract. Indeed, my friend who also started a grape seed extract (a different brand) while using both MK7 and MK4 epxerienced similar cardiovascular issues (pounding heart, chest pains, etc.). When I quit grape seed extract, the side effects while on MK4 became much milder. Later I also quit an Ester-C product containing citrus bioflavonoids, which further diminished the MK4-related side effects. I was more or less side effect-free at that point. When I also started supplementing with microcrystalline hydroxyapatite (I had already been supplementing with all vitamins and chelated minerals except calcium), the MK4 side effects were completely gone.

I quit using Thorne K2 due to the incovenient dropper bottle. After every use a drop would be wasted. That was a lot of waste considering I was using small doses. I bought Peak K2 from AOR. I prepared my own liquid in MCT oil using 10 capsules (each capsule is 15 mg MK4) mixed with mixed tocopherols in an amber glass bottle with a glass dropper pipette. The amount of filler (rice hull) in the capsules is little so it's easy to make your own liquid. Rice hull settles down nicely as a thin layer of pellet. I started with 2 mg once daily with a fatty meal. Both me and my partner experienced strong erections, clear sinuses, and reduced tartar on teeth with this dose. Over time I increased the those to 2 mg twice daily, then to 5 mg twice daily. I was even able to tolerate 30 mg MK4 per day without any issue but with amazing physiological effects. Now I'm not preparing the liquid anymore. I take 1 capsule (15 mg) once daily. The effects are amazing. I feel quite strong and highly sexual. My teeth feel so smooth and clean. My sinuses are super clear. I haven't seen any visible effect on the size of my bones, and I'm not sure if that will ever happen.

PS: I'm now also using MK7 (80 ug daily) without any issue to benefit from its longer plasma half life. But I have to admit I never saw any effect on teeth, sinuses, or libido when I was using MK7 alone.

Last edited:

Recoen

I'm 29 years old. I started my K2 journey with menaquinone-7 (MK7) several years ago. After 3-4 weeks of continuous use of MK7 (75 ug daily), I used to experience high blood pressure (the diastolic was high in particular), heart palpitations, severe chest pains and pain in my back. The chest pains were so intense that I thought I was having a heart attack. I also got some nose bleeds. Same things happened whenever I quit and restarted using MK7. One day, I took a single capsule containing 200 ug of MK7 from another brand to make sure that MK7 was causing the problem. Indeed, it quickly made me feel dizzy in the head again and increased my blood pressure. MK7 has relatively longer half life in plasma (a few days), hence 75 ug required some time to build up while 200 ug showed the side effects immediately. When I was sure it was MK7 that was causing it, I trashed all MK7 stuff into the bin.

Last year in December, I decided to use menatetrenone (MK4) and bought the Thorne K2 liquid (1 mg per drop). I put 3 drops under my tongue, my heart immediately (within less than a minute) started pounding. Same thing happened within 30 min when I put 3 drops inside food and swallowed. The effect would last 2-3 hours. Fortunately, MK4 doesn't have long half life in plasma and is absorbed by peripheral tissues quickly. But these were still painful experiences. 2 drops was the maximum dose I was able to tolerate with relatively milder side effects. Later I found out that these harsh effects coincided with the use of a grape seed extract containing oligomeric proanthocyanidins. I had been regularly using grape seed extract. Indeed, my friend who also started a grape seed extract (a different brand) while using both MK7 and MK4 epxerienced similar cardiovascular issues (pounding heart, chest pains, etc.). When I quit grape seed extract, the side effects while on MK4 became much milder. Later I also quit an Ester-C product containing citrus bioflavonoids, which further diminished the MK4-related side effects. I was more or less side effect-free at that point. When I also started supplementing with microcrystalline hydroxyapatite (I had already been supplementing with all vitamins and chelated minerals except calcium), the MK4 side effects were completely gone.

I quit using Thorne K2 due to the incovenient dropper bottle. After every use a drop would be wasted. That was a lot of waste considering I was using small doses. I bought Peak K2 from AOR. I prepared my own liquid in MCT oil using 10 capsules (each capsule is 15 mg MK4) mixed with mixed tocopherols in an amber glass bottle with a glass dropper pipette. The amount of filler (rice hull) in the capsules is little so it's easy to make your own liquid. Rice hull settles down nicely as a thin layer of pellet. I started with 2 mg once daily with a fatty meal. Both me and my partner experienced strong erections, clear sinuses, and reduced tartar on teeth with this dose. Over time I increased the those to 2 mg twice daily, then to 5 mg twice daily. I was even able to tolerate 30 mg MK4 per day without any issue but with amazing physiological effects. Now I'm not preparing the liquid anymore. I take 1 capsule (15 mg) once daily. The effects are amazing. I feel quite strong and highly sexual. My teeth feel so smooth and clean. My sinuses are super clear. I haven't seen any visible effect on the size of my bones, and I'm not sure if that will ever happen.

PS: I'm now also using MK7 (80 ug daily) without any issue to benefit from its longer plasma half life. But I have to admit I never saw any effect on teeth, sinuses, or libido when I was using MK7 alone.
Have you increased your total Ca intake with the increase in vit K? I know many have said the heart effects from vit K have to due with low Ca. I believe Chris Masterjohn has a video on that.

mevcit

Have you increased your total Ca intake with the increase in vit K? I know many have said the heart effects from vit K have to due with low Ca. I believe Chris Masterjohn has a video on that.

Low calcium might have contributed a bit but the main issue for me and my friend was interaction of K2 (MK7 or MK4) with certain bioflavonoids. High dose oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC) from grape seed caused the greatest cardiovascular problems. OPC has very high bioavailability and long plasma half life. Citrus bioflavonoids from Ester-C from American Health, and theaflavins from Life Extension Senolytic Activator caused similar but milder issues in relation to their bioavailabilities and half lives. Curcumin (Curcumin Elite from Life Extension) doesn't cause any problem, possibly because it reaches very low concentrations in plasma. So, at least in my case, I'm sure K2 interacts with certain bioflavonoids. The interaction was causing highly elevated heart rate, increased blood pressure, chest pains and pain in the back. At a certain point after MK4 intake (with just 3 mg), I used to jump in my place as if I received an electroshock. Fortunately, these are all in the past now.

I say low calcium might have contributed only a bit because the K2-bioflavonoid interaction was still present when I supplemented with calcium citrate and magnesium citrate for some time. But I can confirm that regular calcium supplementation together with other minerals eliminated the slight discomfort (K2-related slightly elevated heart rate) that was still persisting after quitting all the problematic bioflavonoid supplements. The main improvement I saw after regular calcium supplementation was elimination of muscle twitching in my legs that used to happen while supplementing with K2 (2 to 4 mg daily) without calcium. I was also drinking a lot of coffee which is diuretic and causes further loss of calcium, which might have contributed to the muscle twitching.

I started supplementing with 600 mg of calcium from microcrstalline hydroxyapatite (MCHA) when I was supplementing with 2 mg MK4 daily. I've been using Doctor's Best Bone Maker Complex to get that 600 mg calcium. It has all the minerals in the right forms for bone building. I haven't changed my calcium supplementation since then. I'm now using 15 mg MK4 once daily plus 80 ug MK7 daily. I don't have any problems. 600 mg calcium from MCHA is plenty for someone of my age.

As a side note, my sister has been using 2 mg MK4 for two months already without any bioflavonoid or calcium supplementation. She is doing fine. She doesn't drink coffee very often and may be getting enough calcium from her diet.

Last edited:

Momado965

@haidut can you shed light on (tBHQ) tert-Butylhydroquinone in relation to thymoquinones or menaquinone or even other beneficial quinones?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals