Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any help here ?

I think you can try putting 5 drops on each leg, and repeat this daily for 3-4 weeks. Animal studies showed that if vitamin K reversed tissue calcification results were visible after about 3 weeks and kept improving with continued use. The longest study I saw was 10 weeks and the calcification kept decreasing with continued use. Unfortunately, I don't know of any tests other than the ultrasound imaging that you probably got in order to diagnose this problem.

fazlook

I think you can try putting 5 drops on each leg, and repeat this daily for 3-4 weeks. Animal studies showed that if vitamin K reversed tissue calcification results were visible after about 3 weeks and kept improving with continued use. The longest study I saw was 10 weeks and the calcification kept decreasing with continued use. Unfortunately, I don't know of any tests other than the ultrasound imaging that you probably got in order to diagnose this problem.
Thank you so much for the quick reply. 5 drops on the leg or testes ? Where exactly on the leg if that’s what you meant ?

B

Braveheart

Thank you...could you direct me to those studies?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you...could you direct me to those studies?

They should be in the main Kuinone thread. Or you can search PubMed for "menatetrenone calcification".

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you so much for the quick reply. 5 drops on the leg or testes ? Where exactly on the leg if that’s what you meant ?

The 5 drops one each leg - the closes to the pelvis the better. So, upper thighs would be ideal but it would depend on the amount of hair. If lower legs are less hairy then applying there would be better.

accelerator

I tried some Kuinone (7 drops topically) with Vitamin D and A and my teeth were bright white in just three hours. I have not get these results with vitamin A or D alone or with others k2 brands. This is wizardry. Haidut if you want some investors for your company I would send the money tomorrow LOL. In a more serious note I notice a huge benefit when I take Kuinone with a huge dose of vitamin C (5 grams of ascorbic acid). Thanks for everything, Haidut. You are improving a lot of life', at least mine for sure.

How much A did you take with it?

accelerator

It could. I got an email from a person who claims to have removed 0.5in lipoma with topical Kuinone (3 drops once daily). But I don't have any published evidence justifying that approach other than the anti-fibrotic effects of vitamin K.

Wow. Did they say how long they took it for?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wow. Did they say how long they took it for?

I think it was a month-long experiment to convince their doctor not to cut it out since it can be made to shrink on its own.

fazlook

The 5 drops one each leg - the closes to the pelvis the better. So, upper thighs would be ideal but it would depend on the amount of hair. If lower legs are less hairy then applying there would be better.

Beautiful :) thank you. Should I try an ultrasound in 1 month then ?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Beautiful :) thank you. Should I try an ultrasound in 1 month then ?

I would go by symptoms - if you feel better then yes, but if not then give it another month of application.

ddjd

There actually exists a "calcification theory of hair loss", which says that excess calcium in the scalp causes hair loss.
I feel like MK4 does help hair health considerably, my hair just feels/looks more voluminous I think. Where can I find more info on this calcium hair loss connection

Arrade

I feel like MK4 does help hair health considerably, my hair just feels/looks more voluminous I think. Where can I find more info on this calcium hair loss connection
@Joeyd
#2: The Ivory Dome Theory of Pattern Hair Loss
In short, Hoelzel observed that bald cadavers had calcified "solid ivory" scalps, while specimens with luxurious hair contained no such anomaly.[5]
The Baldness Field

https://perfecthairhealth.com/the-ultimate-hair-loss-flowchart-why-we-lose-our-hair/

Endew

Where is the best place to apply it? I've been taking it orally. Would putting it on my face help with undereye bags?

Arrade

Where is the best place to apply it? I've been taking it orally. Would putting it on my face help with undereye bags?
I wonder if that would alter the bone structure of your face, I probably wouldn't apply there unless that was your goal.

ddjd

More evidence for mk4 from an amazon review of carlson mk4. Perhaps he is a user on this forum ?

"
ByDomoon March 18, 2016
Size: 60Verified Purchase
I took this form of K2 for about seven months last year, in an attempt to improve the condition of my teeth. I did a bit of research into vitamin K and after reading many reviews, I decided to try this product after using Life Extension Super K for 1-2 months and not seeing much difference. Since the reviews for this and other MK7 versions were so good, I thought everything would be great and kept reordering this without worry.
Seven months later, my teeth were horribly WORSE than before. I had developed a huge cavity in those few months that wasn't there before, my teeth were turning brown all along the inner edges, and one of my molars had a chunk of tooth just chip off on its own, on the side of the tooth. I hadn't really paid much attention to my teeth since I thought the MK7 would be taking care of them for me (dumb, yes I know). I never experienced that 'smoothness' on my teeth people always mentioned when taking vitamin K.
I freaked out and started researching in earnest, everything I could, and why/how people's teeth were improving on vitamin K. I read Weston A Price, the entire website. I knew food sources of vitamin K + cod liver oil were not enough to rescue my teeth, especially the one huge cavity that started to be painful (definitely a root canal waiting to happen), and then I came across one article on Marks Daily Apple that discussed one woman's experience in saving her teeth with vitamin K, specifically MK4, NOT MK7.
After reading that article I immediately ordered Carlson's MK4, which is 5mg per capsule, and started taking three a day, along with the Cure Your Tooth Decay book's emergency protocol of cod liver oil three times a day. The difference in my teeth has been incredible. The huge cavity I have has shrunk, and is now a light brown instead of black, doesn't cause me anymore pain, and all the brown along the inner edges of my teeth have faded away. My teeth are the brightest white they've ever been, and when I run my tongue along them, they are all smooth and clean. Before, when I would floss, the floss would rip and get caught on all kinds of jagged edges between my teeth but not anymore. It's been about 3 months on MK4 but the difference it has made in my teeth is really staggering.
One thing I noticed on the MK4 is that I didn't need to take any vitamin D supplements at all, the vitamin K seems to 'magnify' or multiply what little you get from the sun so I would get terrible headaches and pains when taking both D + K, which disappeared when I stopped the vitamin D. I still get some vit.D from the cod liver oil, and it seems to be enough. My theory is that too much vitamin D without a proper vitamin K to balance/utilize it can really screw you up, and I firmly believe MK7 is NOT the right vitamin K to be taking.
I also tried Thorne's MK4 drops, both sublingually and transdermally (a la Ray Peat), and it did not seem to be as effective as taking Carlson's orally, at least for me."
Yep Carlson's MK4 powder is awesome. I had exact same experience. What's good about powder form is I can actually put a load of powder into my teeth cavaties overnight and the next day they feel so much better

maxonz

I used to be super sensitive to anything that could stimulate me the slightest, so I couldn’t take most supplements and I was deathly afraid of caffeine as it would ruin my day if I ingested it. Began taking kuinone for maybe 2 months now and i’m able to take all kinds of supplements without any anxiety. Better glycogen storage maybe?
Great supplement @haidut

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I used to be super sensitive to anything that could stimulate me the slightest, so I couldn’t take most supplements and I was deathly afraid of caffeine as it would ruin my day if I ingested it. Began taking kuinone for maybe 2 months now and i’m able to take all kinds of supplements without any anxiety. Better glycogen storage maybe?
Great supplement @haidut

Great, thanks for the feedback! Yes, my take would be that Kuinone improved liver function/health and thus results in better caffeine tolerance. Caffeine tolerance/metabolism is actually used as a test for liver function, so if yours improved then liver is probably working better.

Mauritio

Does anyone (@haidut ) have any input on having negative reactions to K2 mk4? I have tried on and off again multiple times over the years and a few days after using 1mg or so (per day), I get more anxiety, more irritable, chest tightness, less resilient to stress. There seems to be some weird hormonal shift going on. Is this indicative of liver issues? I wish I could tolerate it more with all the benefits that k2 has to offer but it's very hard to do with the unfavorable reactions I have with it.
I experience the same reaction.
Positives are : I got an productive kind of energy the first day. Another good thing is I look leaner and my skin looks super good. Libido is also up.
All after 2 days .
But i also experience bad mood ,irritable ,anxious ,depressed ,out of breath and sneezing often after I take Kuinone. If its irritating the gut those could be symptoms of high serotonin ?! But even taken topically it reaches the gut after some time , in a less concentrated way of course so I dont really know what to do . Would love to be able to take it .