Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

A.R

Interesting, have you tried it again recently? Any updates? Still reacting poorly to it or stopped trying it because of anxiety issues? Sometimes after taking k2/aspirin I would feel too "stoic" and emotionless if that makes sense.
Did you use to take the the aspirin exact same time as the vitamin k, or were the dosages split?

A.R

@sladerunner69
Ok that's interesting, I always thought both should not be taken together. I will start combining the two aswell because I get bad effects from aspirin on it's own.

Kayo

Hi, I've just received mine today!
Does it matter where you apply it and if so what spot would be best for absorption? Would dropping a few in certain areas induce more bone growth there? Also do you avoid hand contact or do you just smear it with your hands on the area after dropping a few?
Finally, for how long do you recommend I keep it there before going on with my day/wearing a shirt?
Sorry for so many questions. Thanks

@haidut

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

I already answered your PM.

"...Most people apply to shoulders, forearms, wrists, legs or even top of feet. There is really no best body area for application but applying on larger areas closer to the torso makes more of the vitamin available systemically. Usually, applying closer to problematic spots tends to deliver more of the vitamin to those spots. So, the best application spot is a balance of what you want to affect more - systemic health or local issues. Most people put the drops on their skin and then rub with their index finger until it is well applied, but it does not have to rubbed in until dry. It dries out anyways within 5min and after that clothing can be put on top."

Last edited:

BrianF

I already answered your PM.

Wouldn't mind reading your response to that question..(or cluster of questions).. Its something i have been thinking a lot about recently. Unless theres anything personal or private, of course.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wouldn't mind reading your response to that question..(or cluster of questions).. Its something i have been thinking a lot about recently. Unless theres anything personal or private, of course.

I edited my original response above with the PM.

baccheion

The osteoporosis study that found 45 mg to be the minimum (after trying 15, 30, 45, 90, etc) was conducted on women weighing 45 kg. That is, to have the minimum effective dose scale to various weights, it would be better to use the rule 45 mg / 45 kg or 1 mg/kg. For a 70 kg person (154 lbs), 70 mg+ would be taken (split into 3 doses) or 75 mg as 15 mg pills are commonly used.

Kayo

@haidut
So I was applying some on my brow ridge and I wasn't paying much attention and accidentally dropped a few on my eyeball. It burned for a few minutes but I tried to wash it away. Made me really panic. Is this something to worry about?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
The osteoporosis study that found 45 mg to be the minimum (after trying 15, 30, 45, 90, etc) was conducted on women weighing 45 kg. That is, to have the minimum effective dose scale to various weights, it would be better to use the rule 45 mg / 45 kg or 1 mg/kg. For a 70 kg person (154 lbs), 70 mg+ would be taken (split into 3 doses) or 75 mg as 15 mg pills are commonly used.

Correct, and studies with prostate cancer do mention the 1mg/kg dose as optimal. However, the 45mg daily dose has been used on osteoporotic or osteopenic males who weighed more than 45kg and it still had positive effect.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
So I was applying some on my brow ridge and I wasn't paying much attention and accidentally dropped a few on my eyeball. It burned for a few minutes but I tried to wash it away. Made me really panic. Is this something to worry about?

Not really, it is the alcohol that causes that burning feeling. I would not apply to the eyes for that reason but other than the alcohol and its burning effects there is nothing else in Kuinone of potential concern. So, unless you have a severe reduction in vision lasting for more than 2-3 days it shouldn't be a cause of worry.

Sajid

@haidut Can i use kuinone and estroban together ? As in estroban at the morning and kuinone at night , if I am right have seen that there is a limit if u take vitamin e and k2 together.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Can i use kuinone and estroban together ? As in estroban at the morning and kuinone at night , if I am right have seen that there is a limit if u take vitamin e and k2 together.

Yes, you can use them together but like you said - best to take them hours apart due to the vitamin E/K interaction.

InChristAlone

vitamin C

J

jb116

Anybody else want to discuss why mk4 did nothing for aterial calcification at 45mg/a day for a year:
Impact of menaquinone-4 supplementation on coronary artery calcification and arterial stiffness: an open label single arm study
There were no control groups, so one can only guess at the effects of K in that case. They don't know if K was still actually helping against adverse events
since without controls there is no reference to effects i.e. the outcomes for example could have been worse without K. Also, more importantly there might be a time issue here, as in not enough allotted. Since the Rotterdam study that I think Masterjohn spoke about regarding K2, followed subjects for 15+ years and high intake of vitamin K2 was associated with lower risks of severe aortic calcification, cardiovascular disease/disease mortality.

Arrade

There were no control groups, so one can only guess at the effects of K in that case. They don't know if K was still actually helping against adverse events
since without controls there is no reference to effects i.e. the outcomes for example could have been worse without K. Also, more importantly there might be a time issue here, as in not enough allotted. Since the Rotterdam study that I think Masterjohn spoke about regarding K2, followed subjects for 15+ years and high intake of vitamin K2 was associated with lower risks of severe aortic calcification, cardiovascular disease/disease mortality.
I agree control groups weren’t there. But as for time it was administrated ED for a year, in a methodology shown effective for osteoporosis. Intuitively it doesn’t make a lot of sense that Mk4 is good for arteries if a year at a high dose they are in worse condition (14% increase in CAC)
My issue with saying K2 is that could mean any of the analogues. It’s not specifying Mk4, K2 could mean the consumption of Mk7 or mk9. And thus just supplementing mk4 might not be providing arterial benefit

J

jb116

I agree control groups weren’t there. But as for time it was administrated ED for a year, in a methodology shown effective for osteoporosis. Intuitively it doesn’t make a lot of sense that Mk4 is good for arteries if a year at a high dose they are in worse condition (14% increase in CAC)
My issue with saying K2 is that could mean any of the analogues. It’s not specifying Mk4, K2 could mean the consumption of Mk7 or mk9. And thus just supplementing mk4 might not be providing arterial benefit
Compared to 15+ years, I think the time issue is the most relevant thing here. That coupled with lack of control seems limiting in potentially observing true beneficial effects. Past that amount of time, perhaps the conclusion would be initial increases in CAC and then a gradual tapering down. That would start to look like the Rotterdam study, where the ultimate effect was very beneficial for subjects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals