1. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. **NEW** BL11 - Orange, Red & Infrared Therapy Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Jan 11, 2016.

1. tomisonbottom

tomisonbottom Member

I did not know it could be damaged by sunlight. I have a bottle on the bathroom counter and sun comes in the window.
    How would I know if it's ruined? Change of color?

And your other supplements this way? Why not use the white bottle instead of clear, if it can be ruined simply by light? Or have instructions on the bottle label for storing?

Thanks

2. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Vitamin E, B2, and K can be damaged when exposed to direct sunlight for a few hours. If just left in the room basking in ambient sunlight these are probably OK. The non-transparent bottles we tested had issues with leaking BPA and other endocrine disurptors, so until we find a safe vendor we would rather use something we have tested repeatedly and it has come back as safe (based on current knowledge and tests).

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Thanks, we try to ship most packages the same day if they were ordered before 5pm. Weekends are an exception of course but often we ship at least one of the weekend days as well.

4. Kibs

Kibs Member

Your service is much appreciated, being in the uk it’s great to get this kind of service.

5. lacto man

lacto man Member

So how long after you began applying MK4 to your teeth was is before you saw any results?

6. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

@haidut Does your new Kuinone come in opaque white bottles that do not leech BPA or other estrogenic compounds?

7. jamies33

jamies33 Member

@haidut, ordered this product yesterday. As I understand, each drop is 1.5mg (or 1500mcg). Since the RDA for k2 is 120mcg, the product has over 12x the rda per drop, with 720 drops per bottle? Is this correct? Sounds almost too good to be true

8. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

We use the opaque bottles when our vendor is able to supply them. We tested both the transparent and opaque bottles and they do not leech BPA or anything else of note.

9. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Yes, that is correct. I would not trust the RDA value that much, it only shows what is minimally needed for survival, not health. Most people who report long term usage seem to use 1mg-2mg daily.

10. jamies33

jamies33 Member

Thank you, incredible value

11. jmojo

jmojo Member

Does anyone (@haidut ) have any input on having negative reactions to K2 mk4? I have tried on and off again multiple times over the years and a few days after using 1mg or so (per day), I get more anxiety, more irritable, chest tightness, less resilient to stress. There seems to be some weird hormonal shift going on. Is this indicative of liver issues? I wish I could tolerate it more with all the benefits that k2 has to offer but it's very hard to do with the unfavorable reactions I have with it.

12. Gaga

Gaga Member

@haidut So if I use 6mg daily should I get off for lets say 1 week per month?
    i know you mentioned you do 30mg per week. I've been using 6mg for 2 months straight with maybe 3-4 days off in total and so far has only positive feedback.

13. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

It can lower blood sugar and also increase GABA levels, both of which can cause some of the symptoms you mention. I would always take it food. If you do blood tests please share the results.

14. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I don't know that there needs to be a break for K2. Human studies with it lasted for up to 2 years and had no serious side effects, and used much bigger doses. I think as long as it is combined with vitamin D and food it should be OK for long term use. It can stimulate the immune system, and in some people that can lead to weird digestive symptoms. Older Russian studies recommended taking a week off for every 14 days of use due to its effects on blood coagulation.

15. jmojo

jmojo Member

Thanks, yeah I suspect that those could be part of the problem. I do believe though that some people just react very poorly to K2 and that we don't fully understand why. Check out some of these reviewers experiences with a K2 product (although containing both mk7 and mk4, their experiences are very similar to mine:

Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Full Spectrum VITAMIN K2 (by InnovixLabs). Provides two essential forms of K2 (MK-4 + MK-7). Total of 600 mcg of K2 per capsule. Soy-free. 90 Capsules.

16. RichardDobson

RichardDobson Member

As the Kuinone product currently is, are there benefits when taken orally compared to taking a different liquid vitamin K2 product like Thorne's?

For hypertension and calcification of the coronary arteries and arteries in general, what works better, Kuinone taken orally or topically? And what works best for cancer? And edema? I have read in this thread that someone mentioned that oral vitamin K2 gets packaged in chylomicrons in the intestines before absorption, would these absent chylomicrons when used topically be disadvantageous for the positive effects of vitamin K2 in the body?

Referring to the post below, taken from page 28.

17. raypeatclips

raypeatclips Member

Is this reaction to oral, topical, or both? If oral, have you tried topically? Oral k2 seriously irritates my gut, which can cause all the symptoms you mentioned.

18. Broken man

Broken man Member

I dont know answer for this but Ray Peat is taking his fat solubles topically and when you are using K2 orally, you need alot of fat with it.

19. Broken man

Broken man Member

20. jmojo

jmojo Member

Unfortunately I get his reaction to both oral and topical. My most recent experimentation was topical on my wrists at 1 drop per day. Side effects of anxiety, stress intolerance, chest tightness, etc. started after 2 days of usage. If I try it again at some point, I'm going to try to dilute the product and make it about 1/4 as potent.