Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

milk_lover

What do you mean like your jawline looks more sharper and defined looking or like a lego? You are applying straight onto the jawline topically? I'm trying to get that vanilla ice jawline
Sorry I saw this late. But as we discussed in private messaging, my jawline became more square after taking K2 on my wrists after it had been a triangle in my low carb days. You see the lower end of ear, the bone there is stronger and has a tendency to protrude to the outside. I hope this makes sense as English is not my first language :)

encerent

Sorry I saw this late. But as we discussed in private messaging, my jawline became more square after taking K2 on my wrists after it had been a triangle in my low carb days. You see the lower end of ear, the bone there is stronger and has a tendency to protrude to the outside. I hope this makes sense as English is not my first language :)

Do you consider that a good thing [the jaw getting more square]? I think generally a triangle-shaped face, with wide cheekbones and narrower jaw, is most aesthetic

milk_lover

Do you consider that a good thing [the jaw getting more square]? I think generally a triangle-shaped face, with wide cheekbones and narrower jaw, is most aesthetic
It depends on the culture and people what is considered aesthetic or not and it changes with time. For me, I don't look at it from the aesthetic perspective. I just feel and look healthy when I compare myself in the low carb days when I didn't drink a single cup of milk for a year and half!!. People at work like to sit with me and talk to me and joke with me. I think people trust me now than before if that makes sense. No idea if the jawline has anything to do with it though lool. With all the fruit sugar and milk I consume everyday and the very useful peat-approved supplements, I think I have managed to reach better health than my previous low carb self . The low carb era screwed my health and metabolism so bad. Now if I have square or round or triangle jawline at this good state of health, I honestly don't care.

Edit: I added a pic of me when I was young. I think naturally I have a big face so maybe the K2 supplement just restored my original face after I ruined it with bad food in the low carb time.

youngme_8664.jpg

Last edited:

tara

But as we discussed in private messaging, my jawline became more square after taking K2 on my wrists after it had been a triangle in my low carb days.
Not saying the vit-K had no effect, but I would have thought that a maturing jaw in the early twenties would be pretty much expected? AIUI, people typically keep growing and thickening and broadening their skeleton up to about 25 yrs, well after they have reached full height (if well-nourished).

milk_lover

Not saying the vit-K had no effect, but I would have thought that a maturing jaw in the early twenties would be pretty much expected? AIUI, people typically keep growing and thickening and broadening their skeleton up to about 25 yrs, well after they have reached full height (if well-nourished).
This is definitely a possibility tara. I have been at 6 feet now for three or four years so I think I have reached full height already. I think well nutrition and overeating in Peat diet has helped a lot in overall health and strength of bones.

TubZy

Thanks man

Regina

Thanks man
My jaw has skewed to the right for as long as I can remember. Dentist said it was caused by a cross-bite in the molars. So, I have always thought it was just me because I was not going to get into re-shaping my molars. But, I must say, there is a definite change since high-dosing K2. When I clench my teeth together and feel along the outside where my jaw and cheekbones connect, I do not really feel the skew as much as before.

Attachments

• IMG_0232-2.JPG
    IMG_0232-2.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 406

TubZy

My jaw has skewed to the right for as long as I can remember. Dentist said it was caused by a cross-bite in the molars. So, I have always thought it was just me because I was not going to get into re-shaping my molars. But, I must say, there is a definite change since high-dosing K2. When I clench my teeth together and feel along the outside where my jaw and cheekbones connect, I do not really feel the skew as much as before.

Interesting, topical or oral?

Regina

Interesting, topical or oral?
It had been topical for most of my first bottle of Kuinone. Just got a 2nd bottle and am squirting it into the rat's mouth.
Sometimes, she doesn't like the DMSO on her skin. I can't say which way is more effective.

sprinter

What is your high dose of K2?

Regina

What is your high dose of K2?
30 drops in 3 divided doses of Kuinone.
But I'm open to suggestions. The rat no longer has shoulder bursitis but still has nasty left elbow and pinchy right wrist (during a certain joint-lock). Those are the only two joints in her body that hurt now.

aarfai

Out of curiosity do you guys notice any difference between haidut's Kuinone and Throne's K2? I am currently using Throne's K2.

Regina

Out of curiosity do you guys notice any difference between haidut's Kuinone and Throne's K2? I am currently using Throne's K2.
My rat thinks Kuinone is stronger. She did go through 1 bottle of Thorne first at 45mg/day oral. Then onto topical Kuinone.

Things are definitely moving/shifting around my joints. I could train a little more on the bad elbow tonight. Just couldn't push off the mat with that arm; and people were being respectful of the red tape and not pinning it too hard. Compression in the elbow made me see stars. So painful. But it is way different than thinking it's "ulnar entrapment syndrome." Like it feels like the joint is full of shrapnel now. (which is an improvement). I'm trying to be positive, but this injury really sucks.

Kray

"Further therapeutic indications

Due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative and anticarcinogenic properties, vitamin K, particularly MK-7, may be of interest in a number of other diseases (e.g., cancer, diabetes, age-related macular degeneration [AMD]); over the next few years, studies will show whether this is the case. Furthermore, because of its structural similarity to coenzyme Q10, it is likely that MK-7 is a Q10 mimetic with respect to the mitochondria and supports mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production in the respiratory chain."

Vitamin K: an old vitamin in a new perspective

"You cannot take CoQ10 with methylene blue, something about their modes of actions"

r99h9m2a1

Have you (or anyone else) read that Vitamin K has the same beneficial effect on healthy gum tissue? I had been a long-time user of both Ubiquinol and, more recently, Ubiquinone, and have always had great gum health and dental check-ups, which I will credit to CoQ10 usage. Only recently have I decided to nix the Q and just use the (Kuinone) Vitamin K. I don't want to lose my edge on gum health.

Thanks-

johnwester130

Have you (or anyone else) read that Vitamin K has the same beneficial effect on healthy gum tissue? I had been a long-time user of both Ubiquinol and, more recently, Ubiquinone, and have always had great gum health and dental check-ups, which I will credit to CoQ10 usage. Only recently have I decided to nix the Q and just use the (Kuinone) Vitamin K. I don't want to lose my edge on gum health.

Thanks-

the study I posted said k2 IS a coq10 mimetic.

research it for yourself and make your own mind up

"Further therapeutic indications
Due to its anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative and anticarcinogenic properties, vitamin K, particularly MK-7, may be of interest in a number of other diseases (e.g., cancer, diabetes, age-related macular degeneration [AMD]); over the next few years, studies will show whether this is the case. Furthermore, because of its structural similarity to coenzyme Q10, it is likely that MK-7 is a Q10 mimetic with respect to the mitochondria and supports mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production in the respiratory chain."

Vitamin K: an old vitamin in a new perspective

"You cannot take CoQ10 with methylene blue, something about their modes of actions"

d3dcb91738.jpg

DaveFoster

@haidut

Vitamin K2 (MK-4) induces elevations in GDF-15, which appears in mitochondrial disorders and often with cancer, particularly gastric cancer, due to its immunosuppressive effects.

Do you think this is irrelevant, as the elevations are needed for bone formation and growth, similar to how IGF-1 can be a tumor promoter, but is helpful for tissue repair (and also which happens to be promoted by K2)?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

Vitamin K2 (MK-4) induces elevations in GDF-15, which appears in mitochondrial disorders and often with cancer, particularly gastric cancer, due to its immunosuppressive effects.

Do you think this is irrelevant, as the elevations are needed for bone formation and growth, similar to how IGF-1 can be a tumor promoter, but is helpful for tissue repair (and also which happens to be promoted by K2)?

Do you have some references? I would be interested in seeing the context, as MK-4 is being trialed as we speak for a number of different cancers, including colon and gastric.

800mRepeats

@haidut do you have any links to the MK-4 gastric cancer trials?

My 87-year-old mom has had stomach cancer - treated 8 years ago, doing very very well since. Still ...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut do you have any links to the MK-4 gastric cancer trials?

My 87-year-old mom has had stomach cancer - treated 8 years ago, doing very very well since. Still ...

It is a small company in the US. As far as I remember, they are doing 45mg - 90mg a day for a number of cancers mostly focusing on the blood ones but also visceral cancers as well. I don't know if they are registered on clinicaltrials.gov but here is the initial study they were basing their trial on:
Vitamin K2-induced antitumor effects via cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in gastric cancer cell lines. - PubMed - NCBI