Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just wanted to post this for everybody using or thinking of ordering Kuinone.
Due to the large number of reports on Kuinone staining, we are using a batch that has a much paler yellow color and it does NOT stain. I will see how this batch fares and if it is liked just as much as the staining batch we will stick to using the non-staining version. Vitamin K2 can vary in color from almost pure white to bright yellow/orange. People who have used the vitamin K2 pills from VRP, Relentless Improvement, etc have seen this - i.e. they all vary in color even though chemically it is the same vitamin K2 (or at least it has the same CAS number).
Also, we are now using an odor-free DMSO as a solvent for the vitamin K2 and this type of DMSO also seems dramatically lower the incidence of skin irritation as well.

Demyze

Just got a bottle yesterday.Can confirm, does not stain! :handok:

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just got a bottle yesterday.Can confirm, does not stain! :handok:

Perfect, thanks! If you can also confirm if it gives you a garlic smell/taste or not it would be even better.

stokesman

What do you know, I was going to post asking about the color change. I think you're right that I've seen the variations in color of k2 from other vendors. I sure am curious about how MK4 can have such a range of color.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What do you know, I was going to post asking about the color change. I think you're right that I've seen the variations in color of k2 from other vendors. I sure am curious about how MK4 can have such a range of color.

I have asked both the retail vendors like Thorne, VRP, RI, etc and the big ones like Sigma. They all gave me the same answer - i.e. that the substances known as MK-4 and having the CAS number 11032-49-8 exists as a number of different configurations depending on raw material it was extracted from and varies in color from whitish to intense yellow/orange. Why that is so, nobody so far has been answer definitively. Even large vendors like Sigma eventually admitted they don't know for sure as they don't synthesize the chemical in-house.

Peatit

Yes, please store in a dark location. No need to refrigerate.
I do NOW but didn't think of this issue when I received it so it has been stored in my bathroom with exposure to indirect sunlight through a window for a few days, is it to say that I can throw it away?
For light sensitive supplements, can't you consider opaque or tinted bottle?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I do NOW but didn't think of this issue when I received it so it has been stored in my bathroom with exposure to indirect sunlight through a window for a few days, is it to say that I can throw it away?
For light sensitive supplements, can't you consider opaque or tinted bottle?

The opaque bottles that we tried were all defective. It is really hard to find quality bottles with built in dropper. Most of the stuff is imported from China and has a working life of about 10 squeezes. It is really meant to be thrown away after a few days of use. I am still searching though, it is not a lost cause just yet.
I don't think the Kuinone you have is bad and has to be thrown away. The color would change drastically if the vitamin K is destroyed and the liquid will also separate in colored sediment and pure DMSO. As long as these things have not happened yet, it is probably still usable.

Demyze

Perfect, thanks! If you can also confirm if it gives you a garlic smell/taste or not it would be even better.

O.k. the garlic taste is basically undetectable compared to my older pasnsterone. Still that hot feeling on the tongue but the gag factor isn't there. As for smell it isn't apparent in comparison to older bottles. There is a lingering aftertaste -hot and slightly metallic but no garlic!- in the mouth but goes away as soon as I drank something. Overall I think its a great improvement in DMSO application:thumbsup:

Peatit

The opaque bottles that we tried were all defective. It is really hard to find quality bottles with built in dropper. Most of the stuff is imported from China and has a working life of about 10 squeezes. It is really meant to be thrown away after a few days of use. I am still searching though, it is not a lost cause just yet.
Then, in the meantime, maybe you could add a notice on the label?:relieved:

I don't think the Kuinone you have is bad and has to be thrown away. The color would change drastically if the vitamin K is destroyed and the liquid will also separate in colored sediment and pure DMSO. As long as these things have not happened yet, it is probably still usable.
Thanks a lot, it would have been my next question, how do we know if the product is still ok :blush:

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Then, in the meantime, maybe you could add a notice on the label?:relieved:

Thanks a lot, it would have been my next question, how do we know if the product is still ok :blush:

Good points, I will add the notice on the threads and the website. The labels are too small to cram more stuff but we will try that as well.

Pointless

Does the new batch of Kuinone use the same non-smelly version of DMSO that Pansterone and TyroMax now use?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does the new batch of Kuinone use the same non-smelly version of DMSO that Pansterone and TyroMax now use?

Yes, it does. All DMSO supplements use the odor-free DMSO at this point.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

InChristAlone

I've tried this 2 times so far one drop on the wrist before bed, and both times got drowsy and slept very well! The 2nd time I slept through and woke up in the same spot! That has only happened a few times in the last 10 years! (a couple from taking NDT which I don't take anymore). I did notice more tooth sensitivity though, I am thinking my calcium intake has dropped too much, so I will try doing more cheese since I'm not drinking milk.

InChristAlone

I am not sure, I have heard of it happening before. I have a high sugar intake, so not saying it is vitaminK2's fault, and the day I did take it calcium was only 700 mg that day. I think these vitamins make minerals more usable so making sure intake is good is probably a good idea.

Tarmander

I've tried this 2 times so far one drop on the wrist before bed, and both times got drowsy and slept very well! The 2nd time I slept through and woke up in the same spot! That has only happened a few times in the last 10 years! (a couple from taking NDT which I don't take anymore). I did notice more tooth sensitivity though, I am thinking my calcium intake has dropped too much, so I will try doing more cheese since I'm not drinking milk.

I'm had the same experience with sleep! Nothing makes me sleep well like kuinone at night. I wish it would not cause hair loss for me or I could figure out a way to prevent that. If I could I'd take this stuff every night.

I think with the tooth sensitivity that part of the benefits on teeth from oral k is its anti microbial effect in the digestive tract. By taking it topically, I think we bypass those benefits. When I did kuinone for a couple months I did not get much better in the teeth department. But if I take oral k2 my teeth start looking great in a few days.

InChristAlone

I'm had the same experience with sleep! Nothing makes me sleep well like kuinone at night. I wish it would not cause hair loss for me or I could figure out a way to prevent that. If I could I'd take this stuff every night.

I think with the tooth sensitivity that part of the benefits on teeth from oral k is its anti microbial effect in the digestive tract. By taking it topically, I think we bypass those benefits. When I did kuinone for a couple months I did not get much better in the teeth department. But if I take oral k2 my teeth start looking great in a few days.

I didn't think of that angle before! I wonder what Haidut will say about this, are we bypassing the teeth benefit by taking it topically?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals