Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

DesertRat

Can one put it directly on teeth or gums? Would it help strengthen the teeth to prevent cavities or heal from damage to roots from dental drills?

Looking forward to trying it as Thorne is running out.

DesertRat

I wrote to Peat about my recent electric sensitivity when I discovered taking aspirin makes it worse. He said that low K can lead to increased sensitivities.

I've been taking 10 drops a day of Thorne K2 to 450 mg aspirin, but I get the increased sensitivity to 100 mg.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
honeybee said:
post 118916 Haidut -if I'm using k2 for cleaning up a fatty liver how would the transdermal route work? I thought applying on skin bypassed the liver. Thx.

It bypasses first pass metabolism, but not second pass. Second pass metabolism is the drug coming back to the liver from the blood circulation. So, the liver will get some no matter what. The good thing about the topical administration is that vitamin K will achieve much higher concentration in the blood and allow the organs that really need it (bones, brain) to get a decent dose and not just the liver.
Btw, Peat takes all of his fat soluble vitamins topically.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
DesertRat said:
post 118927 Can one put it directly on teeth or gums? Would it help strengthen the teeth to prevent cavities or heal from damage to roots from dental drills?

Looking forward to trying it as Thorne is running out.

You can put it on gums, even though it is not meant for such use. As far as whether it would help with cavities, this is an effectiveness question which I am not legally allowed to answer.

InChristAlone

lol at the references!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is great Haidut thank-you!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Janelle525 said:
post 119005 lol at the references!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is great Haidut thank-you!

Well, I think many people don't realize how versatile a substance vitamin K is and how beneficial for health it is. Hopefully, when doctors see this mountain of references they'll change their mind about vitamin K being nothing more than a blood coagulation factor.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
scarlettsmum said:
post 119223 Great! Especially as only 1 drop is needed. ;)

Yep, that's the goal really. Kuinone is cheaper than Thorne in terms of $$/mg of vitamin K and it should also last people much longer than Thorne's supplement. I am not interested in people buying from me every month. I am interested in people improving their health.

scarlettsmum

haidut said:
post 119228
scarlettsmum said:
post 119223 Great! Especially as only 1 drop is needed. ;)

Yep, that's the goal really. Kuinone is cheaper than Thorne in terms of $$/mg of vitamin K and it should also last people much longer than Thorne's supplement. I am not interested in people buying from me every month. I am interested in people improving their health.

That's why we love you, Haidut! :))

honeybee

haidut said:
post 118943
honeybee said:
post 118916 Haidut -if I'm using k2 for cleaning up a fatty liver how would the transdermal route work? I thought applying on skin bypassed the liver. Thx.

It bypasses first pass metabolism, but not second pass. Second pass metabolism is the drug coming back to the liver from the blood circulation. So, the liver will get some no matter what. The good thing about the topical administration is that vitamin K will achieve much higher concentration in the blood and allow the organs that really need it (bones, brain) to get a decent dose and not just the liver.
Btw, Peat takes all of his fat soluble vitamins topically.
haidut said:
post 118943
honeybee said:

Thank you!
I am working my way through my bottle of throne's k2 and seeing good results re: cleaning fatty liver. Ill have to give your's a try.
:thumbleft

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
delicinq said:
post 119536 Does anyone have access to the full study here?

Thank you

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19894328

I don't have a copy but I emailed the author long time ago and he responded that the abstract has a typo. It is not 45mg three times a day for a total of 135mg. It is 15mg three times a day. However, he said that for cancer therapy the 45mg three times a day is a viable approach. He mentioned leukemia and prostate cancer as two examples. Very similar to the 100mg - 150mg dose of the vitamin K cousin doxycycline used for cancer treatment in the other studies I have posted.

onioneyedox

I don't know if this is plausible, but I have noticed smoother skin lately. Actually, It caught my eye the very first morning after using Kuinone (topically, few drops) that skin of back of my hand was sort of glowing. Now when I inspect my skin it seems smoother, not the "big" wrinkles, but the very "micro structure", for example, around biceps/shoulder (area of where skin has seemed sort of weak). And face too seems glowing more (not shining). Now, I have been using vitamin k before, thorne and others, but never have noticed such effect (if at all), so I'm not sure if it just something that has started to happen now, as I have been improving slowly over the years, and I just somehow happened to notice it now. Or maybe my oral route is somehow compromised, I don't know, your other topical supps seems to be rather good too. Or maybe it is the solvent DMSO, as I used one bottle of EstroBan last year, but didn't notice much effect. Certainly starting to think them as a gold standard of supplements.

Dan W

Hey Dan, any chance you could run your little titling trick on the references?
Yep, but let me check with the mods. Maybe if they just edit and resubmit Haidut's post it'll be transformed by the new auto-link-titling feature.

Dan W

"Title-ified" references:

General

Bone Health

Inflammation

Cardiovascular disease (CVD)

Diabetes

Kidney Health

Cancer

Neurological Health

Testosterone

Estrogen

Tarmander

I wanted to give some feedback on this product.

I have been using it for a little over a week, maybe two. I put one drop on my chest/stomach area at night before sleep and let it absorb before going to bed ( definitely can get yellow on your sheets if you aren't careful).

I have a pill form of k2 that was 5mg. I would take it in the morning and feel tired for a few hours, then I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. So I resigned myself to just taking what was in estroban and no extra K2.

So when I got this topical K2, I decided to try it at night due to the drowsiness I usually experience on it.

I have had an overwhelmingly positive experience. I have been sleeping much better, often all the way through the night. I have also seemingly had a huge boost in testosterone, although I don't have labs to show that. Libido has really skyrocketed though.

Also a lingering cough that would develop if I drank too much milk is pretty much gone, no mucus or phlegm cough up in the morning.

The one draw back is that it does produce some drowsiness the next day, from what I am assuming is a lowering of stress hormones. A couple times I have woken up at night to hit the bathroom and practically felt dizzy and disoriented.

I think this is a great product and probably one of the best values simply for how much you get and how little you need. I am going to try an up the dose to two drops here when I can afford to take the next day off. If anyone is having a tough time taking k2, I suggest trying it before bed.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wanted to give some feedback on this product.

I have been using it for a little over a week, maybe two. I put one drop on my chest/stomach area at night before sleep and let it absorb before going to bed ( definitely can get yellow on your sheets if you aren't careful).

I have a pill form of k2 that was 5mg. I would take it in the morning and feel tired for a few hours, then I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. So I resigned myself to just taking what was in estroban and no extra K2.

So when I got this topical K2, I decided to try it at night due to the drowsiness I usually experience on it.

I have had an overwhelmingly positive experience. I have been sleeping much better, often all the way through the night. I have also seemingly had a huge boost in testosterone, although I don't have labs to show that. Libido has really skyrocketed though.

Also a lingering cough that would develop if I drank too much milk is pretty much gone, no mucus or phlegm cough up in the morning.

The one draw back is that it does produce some drowsiness the next day, from what I am assuming is a lowering of stress hormones. A couple times I have woken up at night to hit the bathroom and practically felt dizzy and disoriented.

I think this is a great product and probably one of the best values simply for how much you get and how little you need. I am going to try an up the dose to two drops here when I can afford to take the next day off. If anyone is having a tough time taking k2, I suggest trying it before bed.

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I also experience drowsiness from things that improve metabolism and those include T3, methylene blue, beta-lapachone, emodin, and of course vitamin K2. For that reason, if I take any of these I do it at night.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals