Kozy Shack

Johhny Tazzle

Does anybody know if these products are legit. Ive been eating the rice pudding and tapioca pudding from them, the only downside is they put the piping hot product in the plastic containers when they are cooking, anybody else like kozyshack??

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I tried the rice pudding back in the summer and I couldn't make it past a couple bites for some reason. I didn't know they put the piping hot product into plastic but maybe my instincts could tell even though the taste wasn't obviously bad or anything?

OP
Johhny Tazzle

Johhny Tazzle

Ya i love their products a lot but i just wonder what kind of quality ingredients they use, i can never make rice pudding like they make it, i will say i did eat too much of it at times and noticed the sugar was causing problems to my health.

OP
Johhny Tazzle

Johhny Tazzle

I mean they use low fat milk and eggs. I would rather eat rice pudding than ice cream tbh

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I mean they use low fat milk and eggs. I would rather eat rice pudding than ice cream tbh
I don't know about quality but I'd assume about average for packaged food. Low fat milk, eggs and rice are fine by me. I decided to try it when I was living in a camper last year because it was challenging to cook. If you like it, it agrees with you and works for your situation I wouldn't think it would be particularly bad. I don't like the idea of putting hot things in plastic personally but it's hard to completely avoid that in the modern world unfortunately.

Lilac

I salute Kozy Shack for at least not putting carrageenan in the rice pudding. How I wish all the food manufacturers would go back to the waxed paper tubs that yogurt and cottage cheese used to be packaged in.

If you want to make rice pudding like Kozy Shack or your favorite diner or restaurant, I would suggest you experiment with different recipes and find the one that creates the texture you like. Then you could use organic rice and other good stuff.

I like Richard Sax's Baked Custard-Style Rice Pudding recipe. I found the recipe online here. I would tweak it to taste (no raisins--ugh).

Baked Custard-Style Rice Pudding

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals