KMUD: Weight Gain, Foamy Urine, Fats, Light Therapy, Dreams

Birdie

Re: KMUD: Weight Gain, Foamy Urine, Fats, Light Therapy, Dre

Charlie said:
Ray Peat said:
Penetrating red light is possibly the fundamental anti-stress factor for all organisms. The chronic deficiency of such light is, I think, the best explanation for the deterioration which occurs with aging. Enzyme changes, free radical changes, structural and respiratory changes are all involved as consequences of darkness stress.

If I analyze this quote, I don't deduce that it says red light is the most ... Oh shoot, I don't have the comment somebody made memorized and can't see it without starting over. I think somebody said that they thought Ray said the most important factor in health was red light.

Sounds way off as I typed it. Sorry, can't remember but I think that was the gist of it. But, clearly here, Ray says "possibly the fundamental anti-stress factor" which is not quite like saying the "most important factor in health."

Just wanted to be sure nobody thought he was saying that.

However, I almost think the red light from the sun is the biggest thing going for health. But I don't. And I don't think Ray does. And maybe nobody here got that impression either and maybe there was no reason for me to comment. :)

Clearly, it's multifaceted. I'd say.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Charlie said:
So I finally got an answer to what my intermittent foamy urine is.

To build off this comment.

Ray Peat, right yet again.

He said the foam is from the liver attaching some kind of molecule, or something like that, to stress hormones, to get it out of the body. He said it kinda makes it like a soap. Cannot remember his exact words though.

So now, after observing this for a bit. On nights of terrible sleep, wake up in the morning and go pee. Pee is foamy like crazy. On nights of good sleep, not a bubble to be seen on my morning pee. On days I am stressed, tired, just not having it good. Foamy pee. On days that are sailing along good, good energy, metabolism is up, no foam.

Amazing.

Ray Peat for president! :salute

narouz

Charlie said:
Charlie said:
So I finally got an answer to what my intermittent foamy urine is.

To build off this comment.

Ray Peat, right yet again.

He said the foam is from the liver attaching some kind of molecule, or something like that, to stress hormones, to get it out of the body. He said it kinda makes it like a soap. Cannot remember his exact words though.

So now, after observing this for a bit. On nights of terrible sleep, wake up in the morning and go pee. Pee is foamy like crazy. On nights of good sleep, not a bubble to be seen on my morning pee. On days I am stressed, tired, just not having it good. Foamy pee. On days that are sailing along good, good energy, metabolism is up, no foam.

Amazing.

Ray Peat for president! :salute

Alright, Mr. Urine Answer Man:
what do you make of this:

Cloudy urine.
Huh?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Mine gets a little cloudy to when its the foamiest.

T

tobieagle

the last woman was horrible :D

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Interesting.

gabriel79

Jenn said:
Cloudy urine is undigested food being eliminated.

Maybe this is basic, but I don´t know it. If this is undigested food, then how the hell did it get to your kidneys to get excreted via urine?

nwo2012

There are several possible reasons for cloudy urne.

juanitacarlos

nwo2012 said:
There are several possible reasons for cloudy urne.

What are those reasons please? I get cloudy urine fairly often. I've noticed it after eating potatoes, but not always. Thanks.

LucyL

Re: KMUD: Weight Gain, Foamy Urine, Fats... Key Topics

Weight Loss
Abdominal weight
Peat diet
healthy metabolism
weight gain on few calories
sugar
muscles burn fat at rest, glucose under stress
stressed muscles
Thymus dissolution
fasting
water loss
long distance runners
thyroid
cortisol
serotonin
estrogen
low body temperature
milk thistle (sluggish bowels)
delicious foods
foaming urine
nighttime stress response
coconut oil
rebounder
250W Bulbs
dreams
quantity of urine, humidity
SSRI weight gain
tropical fruits
weight loss while sleeping
keeping warm while sleeping
whole grains
fruit juices
carrot juice

Blossom

Forum Supporter
:bump This might be a good one for people concerned with abdominal weight and wanting to lose weight. Thanks for the detailed list of covered subjects LucyL.

Peatri Dish

Yes, I agree. This is what I am trying to work on now. I'm afraid that interview describes me a bit. I was pretty hungry after reducing and reducing on low carb and I may have overdone the potatoes a bit!! I think a lot of my extra weight was water - lost 15 pounds from acetazolamide. But I have about 15 more to go and I'm a little nervous-I don't want to reduce too much and get myself in a pickle. Sarah was a bit quick and sharp around people just having to eat less. I don't want to live on a quart of OJ and a quart of milk. They dont address the fact that this is not much protein. I've been lifting heavy things a bit to try to build muscle. I take cytomel to try to boost my metabolic rate but these things all take time

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Peatri Dish said:
Yes, I agree. This is what I am trying to work on now. I'm afraid that interview describes me a bit. I was pretty hungry after reducing and reducing on low carb and I may have overdone the potatoes a bit!! I think a lot of my extra weight was water - lost 15 pounds from acetazolamide. But I have about 15 more to go and I'm a little nervous-I don't want to reduce too much and get myself in a pickle. Sarah was a bit quick and sharp around people just having to eat less. I don't want to live on a quart of OJ and a quart of milk. They dont address the fact that this is not much protein. I've been lifting heavy things a bit to try to build muscle. I take cytomel to try to boost my metabolic rate but these things all take time
I should listen to this one over the weekend. Weight loss isn't even on the radar for me at the moment but I thought I'd bump it for people that do have that as a goal. It's always great to hear what Peat has to say on everything but especially topics being currently discussed on the forum.

BingDing

I tried to make some notes about this interview. Man is it hard.

He mentioned glucagon in the same context as cortisol and serotonin. I've got to look up glucagon.

Sarah put the words milk thistle and dandelion in Ray's mouth, he said "yeah" but it was just being polite. Regarding sluggish bowels, he said
Just eating what you consider to be the most delicious food can greatly help the intestine secrete more juices so things digest faster and move along more smoothly.

The measuring liquids and urine thing is a way to judge metabolism. Evaporating 1 liter of water in a day is about 1000 calories. I think that is a measure of the basal metabolic rate, and 1000 calories indicates a strong metabolism.

You can see how this confounds the primitive "calories in=calories out" idea and why counting calories of food and exercise often doesn't correspond to weight loss. One person might burn 1200 calories just sitting still and another might burn 200.

I don't know whether measuring everything I drink or measuring urine would be more of a nuisance. But we don't have many tools to evaluate metabolism, so....

The foamy urine thing is the liver adds sulfate or glucuronic acid to a substance to make it more water soluble. This is the phase 2 stage of the generalized liver detoxification function and happens all the time. At night, if the free fatty acids rise the morning urine is foamy and reflects that. He said the molecules are soap like, which is what causes the bubbles.

He mentioned starches without saturated fats as being problematic. I tried to refind that but couldn't. It was starch particles, again, and he mentioned particles like titanium dioxide and silica as being bad.

Grapefruit increases estrogen.

I liked the guy who downloads the podcasts and listens to them when he drives.

Peatri Dish

I'm pretty sure the problem with glucagon is that it's another emergency substance. It kicks in when your blood glucose is way low and turns off glycolysis in the liver then you're going into gluconeogenesis.
That's what's in those pen shots that hypoglycemic folks carry around for total emergency when it's past glucose pill time and your going into danger mode.
Maybe someone could confirm that I'm on the right track here...
I also have KMUD interviews on my iTunes!!!
I love to play spider solitaire and listen to them over and over..
On the drinking and peeing topic, my husband used to laugh because I would be trying so hard to lose weight and he would lose 7lbs sleeping and I would wake up the same -even after peeing a few times in the night. Now at least I evaporate some at night.
Kudos to RP for boosting my metabolism!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals